[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with the portrayal of smart people and Rubik's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (284KB, 578x490px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
284KB, 578x490px
What is it with the portrayal of smart people and Rubik's cube in movies?
It's always this, or chess.
Like they can't show a person being smart without them being good at chess or solving one of these faggot cubes.

It's so fucking cliche.
>>
>>56352105
>faggot cubes
you take that back
>>
The sad part about those two examples is they portray the ability to memorize patterns, which has little to do with ingenuity.

If you're playing chess through you're ingenuity instead of through pattern memorization, it's because you're a casual at chess.
>>
>>56352105
It's like glasses, showing somebody is an intellectual individual in a way that even the most half wit muggle would understand.
Personally I enjoy writing down schematics and programming when I'm bored and have something to think about, but if you show that how many of those muggles are going to understand any of it. Hell, they'll probably think I'm an artist.
>>
>>56352105
>implying any retard can't learn how to solve in a day
Why do people not realize this? It's pathetically easy to solve using a guide, which is what everybody uses. I've met 6 year olds who could solve it, for God's sakes.
t. Speedcuber
>>
>>56352120
>The sad part about those two examples is they portray the ability to memorize patterns, which has little to do with ingenuity.
>If you're playing chess through you're ingenuity instead of through pattern memorization, it's because you're a casual at chess.
Try Chess960
>>
>>56352120
>Patterns
No. They're just sequences of moves.
>>
I thought smart people wore lab coats. I don't think I've ever seen one of them play chess or solve a Rubik's Cube.
>>
whats not touched alot is the "raised by mothers" aspect of successful people, unless its about a rap star specifically.

lots of geniuses and successful people come from homes where the father isn't around or isn't involved. Its a stereotype for black entertainers and their struggles.
lots of people put of the "he must've been raised by his mother" in a bad way.
>>
File: 1472570291185.jpg (87KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472570291185.jpg
87KB, 720x960px
>>56352105
>watching Hollywood movies on the first place
>>
>>56352363
>It's pathetically easy to solve using a guide, which is what everybody uses
i solved one using a guide yesterday but i was 2/3 of the way in by myself trying for months
>>
>>56352476
>Having this image saved
>>
Because normies are often not smart enough to google the algorithm for solving an arbitrary Rubik's cube, or general chess strategy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.