[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 2016 > Chrome version 54 is out > 54 > In 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: chrome-512.png (26KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
chrome-512.png
26KB, 512x512px
> 2016
> Chrome version 54 is out
> 54
> In 2016
> It still doesn't support “not loading background tabs at startup“

What the fuck is wrong with the developers at Google?
>>
File: 2.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>56351937
>What the fuck is wrong with the developers at Google?
Where do I begin...
>>
>>56351937
Try looking harder. It's a deliberate design choice.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=105666

>We're not going to do Firefox-style lazy tab loading, because when we tested it we were extremely frustrated with it. This isn't an issue of not thinking of it, or not listening to people suggesting it, not "taking you seriously", etc. We simply don't agree that the benefits of this are higher than the costs. One great thing about having multiple browsers is that other vendors can make different design tradeoffs and users can use other browsers when they find something that suits them better.
>For anyone still watching this bug, we've made a few rough improvements to our tab restore algorithm and are looking to refine it more. The ultimate goal is for session restore to be fast, leave the browser usable at all times, and stop loading tabs before the system becomes resource-contended, at which point any remaining tabs will be demand-loaded a la the Firefox option.
>>
>>56351983
>we left out a feature on purpose!
>we did it for you!
>you should be thankful!

Apple antennagate style bullshit. "If you don't like how our thing runs, you're the problem."
>>
>>56351937
>2016
>Chrome mobile still has NO extension support whatsoever
>>
>>56352042
It really is your problem, they just told you its too resource intensive and they don't want to do it, get Firefox or stop bitching, you sound like an entitled child.
>>
>>56351937
They bump the version number for trivial changes and don't implement community desired features.

They're fucking terrible, but at least the browser isn't slow as shit like Firefox.
>>
>>56352070
They also said there's other choices out there. Can't really fault then for this one.
>>
>>56352042
It's ultimately up to the developer of a software to decide what features to add. Since Chromium is open source you can always fork it and add your own patches.
>>
>>56351937
Chrome thinks their users are too dumb, because their target audience is the lowest-denominator - everyone. Their past design decisions reflect this. If you want features, you'll have to look at a proprietary fork like CentBrowser which has lazy loading. I'd advise against it though since it's Chinese.
>>
>>56352052
Use Sleipnir then. It allows for your own custom userscripts.
>>
>>56351937

>still doesn't block pop ups
>change save image as place in the context menu for no reason
>Remove backspace for no reason

Google hasn't done anything worth shit in 15 years
>>
I don't care, I use Opera, i'm happy with it and my browser seeking days are over.
>>
>>56352070
>they just told you its too resource intensive

You understood nothing. The whole point is to not use resources unless actually needed. What they said is it tends to confuse dumb users, and somehow not confusing dumb users (typical Chrome users) while pissing off power users (who would be better suited by Firefox anyway) results in a net positive for them.
>>
>>56353232
>no backspace
>:(
>>
>>56353232
>change save image as place in the context menu for no reason
This pissed me right the fuck off
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.