[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey wood/g/screws, e/lit/ist here. I was wondering with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1430772668559.jpg (151KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1430772668559.jpg
151KB, 720x960px
Hey wood/g/screws, e/lit/ist here.

I was wondering with the current technology we have atm, how long do you guys think we will be able to harvest the power of the sun and store it as liquid fuel?

Would that be possible? Put out giant solar collectors, and have them condense light into liquid? Would we ever be able to condense light to liquid?

Is this wishful thinking like having a fully functional quantum computer?
>>
Generate hydrogen from electrolysis of water
>>
>>56350241
>liquid light
That's a no.

You can, however, use the electricity from solar panels to crack hydrogen, or in molten salt, which can absorb energy like a sponge.
>>
File: 1456716365845.png (137KB, 788x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1456716365845.png
137KB, 788x1143px
>>56350241

What is solar energy numbnuts

lurk more
>>
>>56350329
I'm looking at futuristic uses of the technology.

When oil was discovered they used to throw it away, the would never believe what we made possible with the help of crude.

Just asking what the future of solar energy would be. Maybe they will develop some liquid that stores light, and dispenses it when needed.

Instead of "burning" the liquid, we have some tech that leeches the light out of the base as needed?
>>
>>56350421
>Just asking what the future of solar energy would be. Maybe they will develop some liquid that stores light, and dispenses it when needed.

They fucking wont because that is an A+ retarded idea, go back to high school science class.
>>
>>56350241
While it's clearly not possible, you should ask /sci/. They will tell you why specifically you're retarded. inb4 Dyson sphere
>>
File: medium.jpg (8KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
8KB, 64x64px
>>56350241
>harvest the power of the sun and store it as liquid fuel?
That is the best joke I have heard all day. /lit/ sure does produce some quality stuff.
>>
>>56350329
haha wtf
I didn't notice her the first time
>>
>>56350421
We already do that, look up solar furnaces using liquid sodium
>>
File: qTdzRW2.jpg (167KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
qTdzRW2.jpg
167KB, 700x933px
>>56350241
>>56350329
>>56350810
That image is edited. Here's the original.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 720x552px
>>56350421
>Instead of "burning" the liquid, we have some tech that leeches the light out of the base as needed?
Or just store it as useful electricity
>>
>>56350241
It's called fusion energy or nuclear fusion
We've been trying this for quite a while now
Might become feasible near 2030
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.