[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My new laptop shipped set to 59Hz. Should I change it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1210163314540.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1210163314540.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
My new laptop shipped set to 59Hz. Should I change it to 60 or leave it alone?
>>
it doesn't matter
>>
>>56343803
who is this semen demon
>>
Not OP but what exactly is the reason for 59Hz existing as a standard?

I can understand 60Hz becasue America has 60Hz AC and 30Hz television.
Why go down 1Hz?
Bonus point if something to do with Jews.
>>
>>56343939
Saving 1hz per monitor saves costs for the jewish companies over time. For every 60 monitors they build, they can build an extra one literally for free out of all those saved hertz.
>>
>>56343939
Why 23.976 FPS is a standard when 24 FPS exists?
>>
>>56343997
The jews stash that 1 hert
>>
>>56344079
>The NTSC field refresh frequency in the black-and-white system originally exactly matched the nominal 60 Hz frequency of alternating current power used in the United States. Matching the field refresh rate to the power source avoided intermodulation (also called beating), which produces rolling bars on the screen. When color was added to the system, the refresh frequency was shifted slightly downward to 59.94 Hz to eliminate stationary dot patterns in the difference frequency between the sound and color carriers, as explained below in "Color encoding".

That 23.976Hz is derived from this 59.94Hz

Is "59Hz" really 59.94Hz? - becasue that would make sense.
>>
>>56344446
Intel's thing and speccy are both just reading it as 59, so I couldn't tell you.
>>
>>56343803
The difference between 59 and 60 isn't that much, so I'd say just leave it alone.
>>
>>56344446
>>56344532

Ah, I've found it:

>Microsoft answer:

>Certain monitors report a TV-compatibility timing of 59.94Hz. Therefore, Windows 7 exposes two frequencies, 59Hz and 60Hz, for every resolution that is supported at that timing. The 59Hz setting makes sure that a TV-compatible timing is always available for an application such as Windows Media Center. The 60Hz setting maintains compatibility for applications that expect 60Hz.

>In Windows 7, when a user selects 60Hz, the OS stores a value of 59.94Hz. However, 59Hz is shown in the Screen refresh rate in Control Panel, even though the user selected 60Hz.
Regards

tl;dr: "59Hz" is really 59.94Hz.
>>
>>56344758
Thanks Microsoft Corporation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.