[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have an all new cpu and cooler but no cooling paste to put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So I have an all new cpu and cooler but no cooling paste to put on the CPU, but the cooler has a layer of cooling paste on it. Do i wait until I get some cooling paste for the CPU or can I go?
>>
pics of heatsink cooling paste or gtfo
>>
>>56341091
Yeah... that's literally what it's there for.
>>
>>56341091

As long as you don't fuck putting the cooler one it then it will be fine.

If you touched the paste and then reseat the cooler you'll need new paste.
>>
Unless you go in to autistic overclocking there is no reason not to use the default compound that comes pre-applied to the heatsink with modern cpu's.
>>
>>56341131
It's a corsair hydro H60 V2 if you want to know
>>56341142
Thought you needed on both
>>
>>56341191
No. if you want to use your own you would clean off the stuff that came on it.
>>
>>56341191
>Thought you needed on both

lol no. if you want to use different paste you'd have to clean that shit off. if you don't clean it off you're going to leave a huge fucked up mess of thermal paste all over your cpu/socket because you'd be putting on way too much paste
>>
>>56341280
>>56341298
So I'm good to go, just what I wanted to hear.
>>
>>56341330
If you had to ask this, please watch tutorials on youtube to fit this shit together.

You need to be sure, put the hs down and crank it down in place. No moving it or taking it off and trying again or you end up in a big mess.
>>
>>56341398
I figured that asking /g/ was quicker

But I do know about not moving the hs once it's down
>>
>>56341187
what's wrong with overclocking?
>>
>>56342645
Nothing. Just if you're not overclocking there is no point cleaning off the paste it comes with just to put on some meme compound.
>>
>>56341091
Replace it with mayonnaise
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.