[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Linux distro for someone studying to be a teacher?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: linux-distro-logos.jpg (83KB, 540x491px) Image search: [Google]
linux-distro-logos.jpg
83KB, 540x491px
What is the best Linux distro for someone studying to be a teacher?

I have an X220t with Windows 7 and I want to try GNU/Linux.
>>
>>56341060
Personally as a first distro I would recommend *buntu

In other words:
Ubuntu
Xubuntu
Kubuntu
Lubuntu

They're all the same operating system with different desktop environments, and you can very easily switch between them once you've installed one by simply installing a new DE and uninstalling the old one.

Ubuntu is based on debian and aside from a few differences, the terminal commands are the same, I definitely recommend getting used to doing things through the terminal, Ubuntu comes with a GUI software installer, but if you're wanting to actually learn linux, you should install things using the package manager through terminal.

Of course you don't have to do everything via terminal, you can still use a normal web browser, text editor, image manipulation software etc etc
>>
>>56341060
You should use fedora, because it's based on red hat enterprise, which is the most widely used enterprise os and carries most servers. Ergo, it would be the most helpful for your students for you to know.
>>
xubuntu, lubuntu, feodra, suse

whichever easy distro 2bh

if you need something more specific, you will know what to use when you have used linux long enough
>>
xubuntu

The only non-autismo distro
>>
>>56341060
ubuntu debian or fedora.
Also if good gpu unity, gnome, or cinnamon , if bad gpu mate lxde or xfce.
I can only say good things about gnome/unity on my gtx 760 pc, and only bad things about them on my gt 710m laptop.
>>
Gentoo and then you can be a teacher in the art of installing it
>>
>studying to be a teacher
just stick with windows, linux might be too hard for you buddy
>>
Fedora
>>
fedora

DNF package manager makes so if you type a command that you can't do, it checks repos for a program that can do that command and asks if you wanna install it right then. Very nice if you're just learning.
>>
Linux Lite.
>>
>>56341060
Fedora or an Ubuntu flavor
>>
>>56341060
Hi teacherbro. I use Debian myself, latest packages for us are (usually) meaningless and it is great for both stability and if you don't bother having to select your own programs.

If you want something that gives you an usable system right away, Kubuntu LTS (long-term support) is the best bet. It is not stable-as-a-mountain like Debian but it comes close enough.

Some argues that linux mint is pretty good, but I have never tried it myself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.