[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome from using the trackpad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sdtu.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
sdtu.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome from using the trackpad too log at a bad angle. Europa Universalis did what years of typing couldn't.

My wrist has been twinging for three days, even as I use my left hand for everything. I'm not sure if it'll go away of its own accord.
How do you deal with it?

I ask because this place has to be carpal tunnel central, and because normie places will say, "only doctors know how to stop pain. Go ask a surgeon if paying him to do surgery on you is a good idea, he has your best wallet at heart."
>>
>>56337204
You'd be surprised how you are judged on the quality of your pic.
>>
Same here OP. Here are some things that helped me.

I exercise my hands while I am reading (inb4 masturbating) and using a wired mouse helps.
There is an app called XMouse that lets you use your phone as a mouse and keyboard, and is quite comfy for me.
>>
>>56337316
Probably. I just googled "bend wrist laptop."

>>56337357
What kind of exercises? I thought my wrist was out of commission for most things.

At the moment, I'm typing using my left hand and right thumb, moving the entire right arm from the elbow and shoulder.
Starting to see the appeal of a tablet.
>>
>>56337204
Don't think, go to a professional and get professional advice.

You probably just strained it and need some rest from the PC. Go outside and pretend to enjoy the sun for a couple days.

God you autists are insufferable.
>>
>>56337204
1. Drink your piss.
2. Stretch and focus massage on the region.
3. See step 1.
>>
>>56337204
get a wrist brace. they sell them in cvs/walgreens/any type of drug store.

just wear it when you're home and on the computer. it looks retarded but they do help. i started wearing one because i was getting the same shit, tingly wrist and numb fingers.
>>
>>56337458
Practice gripping things and massage your hands. Also get a brace like the other anon said.

I recommend getting a wireless keyboard or typing with your thumbs instead of getting a tablet.
>>
all memes aside, medical cannabis salve if it's available where you live
>>
>>56337579
it seems like a bad idea to mask pain like this, that will probably just fuck his wrist up even more because he won't notice how bad it hurts
>>
>>56337587
An ointment won't get you high unless you ingest it, I think. It has pretty amazing anti-inflammatory properties. I know it has a terrible rep, but for any aches involving joints (no pun intended) there's nothing better.
>>
>>56337615
That’s still masking pain. He will still have bad habits.
>>
>>56337615
>>56337690
Pain is usually a sign of physical damage, no sense in suppressing it completely
>>
Pain is a sign of bad habits. However, pain causes damage in your body and its important to treat that. Anti inflammatory is a good call.
>>
>>56338738
>>56338874
His pain started recently so it’s not severe and permanent yet. He needs to learn better habits and he won’t know if his attempts are working unless he can feel the minutest levels of pain.
>>
File: h9991357_003.jpg (23KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
h9991357_003.jpg
23KB, 460x300px
>>56337204
>>
>>56337204
OP just take it easy on your wrist in future.
>>
>>56337204
Start using a trackball mouse instead of the trackpad. It is easier on your wrist and does not need to be on a flat surface.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.