[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting into making/editing videos, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: wat.png (250KB, 784x448px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
250KB, 784x448px
Thinking about getting into making/editing videos, what software does /g/ use?
>>
>>56326540
FCP.
>>
All of those big ones have something that makes them shit.

For example Sony Vegas is "outdated" and Premiere has an imo shit UI and editing is horrible compared to Vegas.
I gonna still use vegas because spliting a video doesn't force me to change the tool because apparently it's too much work for adobe to make a keyboard shortcut.
>>
File: IMG_0894.jpg (613KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0894.jpg
613KB, 2592x1944px
>>56326603
>Ctrl+K doesn't exist
>Not using lumitri
>>
File: pitivi.png (239KB, 1918x751px) Image search: [Google]
pitivi.png
239KB, 1918x751px
Pitivi
>>
>>56326540
FCPX+Compressor+After Effects+Blender
>>
>>56326688
What is the FCPX to AE workflow like?
>>
>>56326540
Premiere
>>
>>56326688
Should I learn fcp or adobe first? Got a hackintosh and I like the look of fcp more
>>
Adobe Premiere + AE + Audition
>>
>>56326540
Premier, AE.

Know a bit of Pro tools, want to learn Resolve and Avid
>>
Premier and AE direct linking is kinda useful too if you think you'll use both often.
>>
Openshot

Don't bother trying it.
>>
File: fcpx.jpg (569KB, 1919x1197px)
fcpx.jpg
569KB, 1919x1197px
>>56326540
FCPX is GOAT.
>>
>>56326553
/thread
FCPX renders faster, has background rendering, is linear and has everything you need
>>
Final Cut if you aren't making money off of them.

otherwise, Premiere or Avid.
>>
After Effects. I love it.
>>
>>56326540
Vegas so you can complain about using it for 5+ years down the line saying how much it sucks compared to other professional video editing software but too lazy to learn anything else because you're that proficient at using Vegas that it's just a bother to use anything other than it
>>
>>56332026
oh and also
>Vegas
baby's second pirated software next to photoshop
>>
File: 1456121321086.jpg (234KB, 644x1049px)
1456121321086.jpg
234KB, 644x1049px
Reminder that FCP is so shit not even Applel wants to use it.
>>
>>56326540
Fusion since I mostly work with rendered passes from 3DS Max and Speedgrade DI for color grading. Just realized that Speedgrade was acquired by Adobe 5 years ago.
>>
blender

i like it; it does what i need it to do. i wouldn't recommend it over the alternatives though, unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot
>>
Blender is free, and does pretty good at effects
>>
Vegas. I tried Premiere, but there's something about it that just annoys me.
Adobe software in general annoys me and especially nowadays with that Cloud shit you get a lot of bloat and services running in the background.
>>
>>56332026
>>56332050
can you guys tell me whats wrong with it?
>>
Kdenlive. That's it.
>>
>>56326540
The newest edition of Premiere is pretty decent, you can now use proxies and I believe background rendering like FCP (although probably not as good) if you intend to do some special effects too then Premiere + AE + AU should give you a better workflow.

FCP is decent for some light video editing.
>>
I use Sony Vegas pro 13 for video editing. Premiere is OK but Vegas is just solid all around. I learned how to do shit by making shit minecraft videos and trying new effects, etc. Only way to learn fully.
>>
>>56334254
Most companies hire people with skill within the Adobe Package
>>
>>56334631
I have used Sony Vegas for 5 years, and I have just bought the Student Adobe CC subscription. AE and Premiere will have better workflow and compatility. Consider switching if you're in a education
>>
>>56334183
>>56334202
Never thought about using blender for video editing.

Is it any good for making and adding effects to webms? That's pretty much the only video editing i care about.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.