[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.datamation.com/open-sour ce/whos-afraid-of-system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Lennart_poettering_foss.in_2007.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Lennart_poettering_foss.in_2007.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
http://www.datamation.com/open-source/whos-afraid-of-systemd.html

Anti-Poettering fags are "running out of arguments" and literally BTFO. What is there to be afraid of? If you want to use a useable linux machine in the future, you might as well get used to systemd now.
>>
systemd is fine but it poses a threat to ease of progress and improvement.
>>
>>56313846
Nice article you wrote poettering
>>
>>56313846
shill, the blogpost

the people that are for systemd have never done anything worthwile with Linux

they use it for surface level admin, copying and pasting blindly into the terminal, or as a desktop OS
>>
I don't like systemd.
>>
I honestly don't know much about it but PulseAudio is an incapable piece of shit so systemd is bound to be as well.
>>
Poettering is fine, he's just a little eccentric.
It's Kay Seivers that makes systemd potentially unstable
>inb4 syscalls 1 byte at a time in systemd code
>>
>>56313846
>deflecting
>fallacy fallacy
>grasping so many straws to make an argument
>>
>>56313846
The nice thing about open source software is that you can roundly fucking reject what you don't want. You don't even need an argument. You shouldn't be afraid of developers jumping ship to other init systems or other operating systems such as BSD. It's nothing personal against you or any other systemd autist who can't handle competition and choice. You might as well get used to other people liking things you don't like and vice versa because it's part of life.
>>
File: 1471900422731s.jpg (4KB, 250x183px)
1471900422731s.jpg
4KB, 250x183px
>>56316123
>my init program needs
>dns cache, dns resolver, crypto, mount,web server,forced uefi bootloader,firewall, forwarding routing

Keep shilling harder
>>
>>56316143
you're only pretending to have a sane conversation here right?
>>
>>56313846
For now, though, Devuan supporters sound as though they are doing more fearmongering than raising constructive doubts. Systemd may not be ideal, but most users are unlikely to make a fuss so long as their systems continue to boot and function the way they are supposed to.

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

Lmao, NEET hipsters on SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>56313846
>What is there to be afraid of?
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
TOO MAINSTREAM
>TOO MAINSTREAM
>>
>Systemd may not be ideal, but most users are unlikely to make a fuss so long as their systems continue to boot and function the way they are supposed to.
this sounds pretty gross desu
>>
>>56316317
systemd-init contains none of the things you listed and the source code for the init part of system is less LoC than the same code in sysvinit.

Get rekt you freedom hating MS shill.
>>
this article is a fucking joke
>debian devs claims that it's not easy to get rid of systemd
>b-but if you care about it, you should be able to run through all the annoying shit needed !

>people claim that distributions include systemd by default because it would be too much troubles then to install gnome for example which is tied to systemd
>b-but there's other DE!

>comparing a core component of a linux sytem to a fucking web browser or an office suite

I'm pretty sure the best part will be the comment section
>>
File: systemd.png (109KB, 717x642px)
systemd.png
109KB, 717x642px
Resistance is futile.
Embrace systemd/GNU/Linux
>>
>>56319081
Systemd is not an operating system, go meme somewhere else
>>
>>56319094
It's more an operating system than GNU
>>
plenty of arguments here:
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

the author just didn't bother to look at them
>>
>>56319109
GNU has userland, shell and kernel. GNU is a full operating system
>>
>>56319118
he actually post a link to this website. He is just a retard
>>
>>56319118
Systemd user here? Can you tell me how does systemd affects my Linux experience?
>>
>>56319122
Systemd has those things too.
GNU is its userspace applications (non-OS-stuff) and Linux is its kernel.
>>
>>56318910
Then they should have fucking stopped at that. The kitchen sink and everything else they can do as independent projects. That way you can pick and choose each project as you see fit and on it's individual merits. New, and more critically, better projects can replace them as they are reasonably sized and scoped.

Look, sysv isn't perfect, I'm all for new ideas but the dbus-based Borg is not the one to go all in with.

I may take issue with specific design choices of systemd, but the fundamental issue is it is simply too large of a project. No single project should try to encompass that much functionality. Hell, even DEs are too big.
>>
>>56319094
Red Hat's purpose is that systemd becomes the core OS, and anything from Linux to GNU becomes easily replaceable userspace stuff
>>
>>56319142
systemd is not a dependency to Linux

>>56319150
>systemd becomes the core OS
systemd is not the kernel, so no. Please give me some practical reasons why systemd is posing a negative affect of my Linux systems.
>>
>>56319136
What in the hell am I supposed to tell you about your experience? That's for you too know.
>>
>>56313846
The article is over a year old and the Devuan guys released a beta recently.

Even if systemd were perfect I don't want to put my faith in Debian anymore due to the attitudes that were exposed.
>>
>>56319170
>systemd is not the kernel, so no
Just wait
>>56319142
>GNU is its userspace applications (non-OS-stuff) and Linux is its kernel.
GNU has it's own stalled kernel and it's own fork of the Linux kernel
>>
>>56319176
Like using Libre office, running a torrent client, browsing, virtualizing, running my DE etc. Why is systemd so harmful? I don't see it getting it in my way..

If anything I have seen a faster boot up time

>>56319188
>Just wait
Been waiting for a while. All I see is some autistic fearmongers scream as hard as they can
>>
File: 1460555115435.jpg (19KB, 325x340px)
1460555115435.jpg
19KB, 325x340px
>kdbus
>>
>>56319238
Who exactly are you quoting?
>>
>>56319314
gkh
>>
>>56313846
The reason systemd is so despised is simple: autists can't handle change.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.