[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you with your computer when you're not there? Shut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1472355634709.webm (3MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1472355634709.webm
3MB, 704x396px
What do you with your computer when you're not there? Shut it down? Download? Automated actions?
>>
>>56312410
automated action to download the script to shut down
>>
>>56312410
>shut down
Nigga do you even uptime?
>>
Im downloading the latest star citizen release but it's like 25 gigs so download I guess
>>
sleep
>>
systemctl suspend
>>
>>56312492
>latest star citizen
kek
>>
close the lid
it doesn't do shit though
always on unless i will sleep
>>
>>56312410

>that webm

Jesus Christ, pajeet has no shame
>>
File: india-open-defacation.jpg (365KB, 1200x749px) Image search: [Google]
india-open-defacation.jpg
365KB, 1200x749px
hello dis is jon from IRS
please give me all your info
>>
>>56312410
I put it to sleep and pull the ethernet out.

If I don't pull the ethernet, it will come out of sleep by itself. And now last night its been turning back on with no cord in. I'm scared.
>>
>>56313194
Great meme my friend, well posted
>>
>>56313209
My windows 10 on desktop used to do that every week, and it hasn't happened once using linux

I don't think it's some conspiracy, but I am just happy I don't have to turn it off all the time.
>>
If I have something I'm downloading, I'll just leave it running and disconnect a bunch of stuff to reduce power draw and wear. If not, I prefer having it off.
>>
>>56313268

Windows 10 has a schedule set to download updates in the background when inactive, this triggers even during sleep until you turn off all 3 of the "Wake on LAN" options or disable it on your motherboard.
>>
>>56312410
>Shut it down?
That one.
>>
>>56312410
Laptop: close lid for standby
Server: lock and turn off monitor
>>
>>56313128
Did you see their toilet though? I bet that's probably the worst stench in the world with all that excrement fermenting for months in that hot outhouse. Fuck, if they weren't regular on cleaning it (which I can see them failing to do) I wouldn't be surprised if people got light headed when using it.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/manure-fumes-blamed-for-deaths-of-wi-farmer-13-cows/1473269/
>>
>>56313209
That happens to me too on my win7 computer but it's because when my sister starts up her macbook computer it scans local IP for other computers and the ping wakes up my computer.
I'm pretty sure theres a setting for it in the BIOS but I'm too lazy to look it up and change it.
>>
>>56312410
folding@home. im in the top 8,000 teams now
>>
>>56312410
I shut it down just like any normal person would do.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.