[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just switched from Windows 10 to Ubuntu and i must say, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: Ubuntu.png (56KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu.png
56KB, 420x420px
Just switched from Windows 10 to Ubuntu and i must say, it's pretty cash

Did i do good /g/?

What do i do now?
>>
install gentoo
>>
Switch to Debian once you figure out what you need and use.
>>
Sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
>>
Install Xubuntu next and gain experience with the terminal
>>
>>56294541
should've went with xubuntu or ubuntu mate

unity is ugly as hell
>>
>>56294541
If its unity then its shit. Just download and install mint like all normalfags do
>>
>>56294565
after that, try antergos, or manjaro.
after that, try installing arch yourself.
after that, try installing gentoo.
>>
>>56294581
mint is a really shitty distro
>>
Unity is a great and comfy desktop if you have a proper computer and not a remnant from the eighties
>>
>>56294606
Better than ubuntu unity
>>
>>56294565
>Install Xubuntu
>enjoy tearing
>>
>>56294652
>install compton
>tearing goes away

5 minute fix
>>
>>56294666
But it doesn't. I never managed to fix that shit even after installing compton.
>>
>>56294685
Sounds like PEBKAC to me
>>
>>56294685
you probably didn't do it right, fixed mine immediately
>>
>>56294608
nah

>>56294652
set up your full composition pipeline (nvidia drivers) only downside is that it's proprietary.

>>56294666
yeah, compton works, but it doesn't if you have multiple monitors like me.

nice trips btw
>>
>>56294666
>install fedora
>use wayland
5 minute fix
>>
>>56294666
>install kwin
>tearing goes away
>>
>>56294541
Did the same anon. Enjoying it so far, although I accidently fucked up the desktop package trying to install pygame.
>>
>>56294732
>yeah, compton works, but it doesn't if you have multiple monitors like me.

i have dual monitors and an hdmi tv plugged into my video card, it fixed tearing on all of them
>>
>>56294778
weird, everything became really slow and buggy for me.
>>
>>56294699
>>56294707
>Works for me™
I've used loonix for more than a decade. The last time I tried XFCE was a couple of months ago and I couldn't get rid of the tearing even with compton. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the video drivers or X. I haven't seen that shit with wayland a t all.
>>
>>56294541
I guess when it comes down leaving Windblows you did good.
>>
>>56294541
You did good. If you want, learn what a desktop environment is and try others and see for yourself why some people don't like Unity (the default DE of Ubuntu). Or learn about different distributions and see for yourself why some people don't like Ubuntu. I think it's fine, and it's a great place to start your GNU/Linux experience or stay for a while.
>>
>>56294754
kwin is filled with bugs
>>
Once you get the hang of virtual desktops, window managment features and that top notch font rendering you won't have Windows outside a VM.
>>
>>56294736
Is wayland usable nowadays?
>>
>>56294871
/thread
>>
>>56295504
Arch GNOME/Wayland is pretty alright
>>
>>56294541
>Cash
What an odd way of spelling crap
>>
>>56294541
Learn to use the terminal and how to switch Desktop Environments and shit

Then switch to Arch because it's comfy as fuck and a lot faster

Or Gentoo for the same reason but if you have hours to waste waiting for it to compile and shit
>>
>>56295504
On fedora they have a wayland preview mode that you can choose at log in. Works pretty good for me.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.