[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /G/ need some PC building help, basically I need your recommendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1472014927775.jpg (702KB, 1252x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472014927775.jpg
702KB, 1252x960px
Ok /G/ need some PC building help, basically I need your recommendation for a CPU cooler for my build uograde, gots me a i5 4690k already and I'm soon to buy a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case, so aesthetics are important. so would you recommend a air cooler such as a Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 (or any other sweet looking air cooler that won't ruin the aesthetic due to my windowed side panel) or a liquid cooler such as a Kraken or a Corsair (not h100i as I have that currently and it's a piece of broken shit)

Pic semi-related but damn I love this build, also what Cooler is that and is that any good for me?

Cheers in advanced guys!
>>
dont mount the window panel.

and buy a 2.0HP aircond and place the aircond blower in front of your case opening
>>
>>56289917
You'll get less noise with something like the Be Quiet! or a PH-TC14PE.
>>
>>56290084
What do I use to replace the pannel? Does it come with a spare that's windowless?
>>
>>56289917
I have a Kraken X41, and I've RMA'd it twice for pump rattle. This is the third one now, and it's starting to rattle again.

Avoid Kraken AIO's until NZXT fix them for good.
>>
>>56290245
Thanks will do
>>
>>56289917
I've got the Be Quiet Dark Rock 3, I put an extra fan onto it, it looks very nice inside my fractal r5 case
>>
>>56290807
Got any pics? Would love to see!
>>
>>56290910
Alright, taking photos
>>
File: IMG_2293.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2293.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
If all you care about are looks, go with something that you think looks good.

Your temps will be within 10C under load from any AIO to just about any air cooler.

If you want performance AND looks, shell up some cash for a custom loop.
>>
>>56291040
I wouldn't recommen a custom loop, the draw backs are not worth it in my opinion
>>
>>56291067
Outside of cost, whats the draw backs?
>>
>>56291096
maintence, chance of leakage, a pain to change the mobo, cpu and gpu.
>>
>>56291139

>maintence
You're supposed to flush it once a year, install a drain plug and it takes under 10 minutes to flush and fill.

>chance of leakage
I've had custom loops for 6+ years now, not once have I had a leak. You'll get leaks if you don't test your stuff properly.

>a pain to change the mobo, cpu and gpu
>mobo/cpu
If you don't use hard lines, hit your drain plug and you'll have it off just as quick as any air cooler.
>gpu
If you include it in the loop, same as above for the CPU.

So no huge draw backs if you ask me, but my shit stays at 20C idle and 50C under load.Benefits outweigh the falls backs for me, but it may just be because I'm so used to custom loops.
>>
>>56290910
>>
>>56291203
Ok I agree, that looks pretty good, what's ur temps average at and what's ur system? Is it a push/pull? What's the sound like as well?
>>
>>56291494
He has 2 fans, one on each side of the heatsinks.
If it's not push/pull, what the fuck would it be?
>>
>>56291494
Go with a noctua, replace the fans with Noctua 3000rpm industrials. Or get a new model corsair aio, and replace the fans with noctua industrials - better colors and very efficient.
>>
>>56291653
>2016
>not knowing about pull pull

How are you this much of a pleb?
>>
>>56289917
>writing like a retard
It's amazing to think how just 5 years ago, the most sincere advice given in a thread like this would go something like "install gentoo, faggot"
>>
>>56289917
The enthoo evolv pro glass edition looks better
>>
>>56291494
Can't hear anything, only my hard drives, when at full load it sound like a breeze, like an air conditioner turned on but quieter. its a push pull, my temps for the 4790k at idle is 38 degrees
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.