[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>browser is in French >Browser is sending accept language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: France oui.jpg (1MB, 3500x2333px) Image search: [Google]
France oui.jpg
1MB, 3500x2333px
>browser is in French
>Browser is sending accept language as French
>Websites STILL choose English as the default language.
Reeeeeeeee
>>
>>56288873
>want to see US site
>website cucks me into seeing UK version

Hey I see my cousin Abdullah
>>
>>56288873
أنا لا أعرف النص يعرض بشكل صحيح باللغة الفرنسية بالنسبة لي
>>
>>56288873
If technology frustrates you maybe you should go back to Africa, Jamal.
>>
>>56288873
>Google something in English
>Results are in Greek

Google re-does the query with google translate and chooses to ignore what you asked if there are more advertisements in the local (IP-based) language.

Also for a while it tried to automatically google translate video titles and descriptions in Youtube without asking, leading to disgusting mistakes and a huge annoyance.

Fuck google, I'm starting to actually use Bing for fuck's sake.
The future is grim and your choices are shrinking.
>>
>>56288873
OH NO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO THE TWINGO.
LEAVE THE TWINGO ALONE
>>
>>56289059
/o/ pls.
>>
>>56289059
OH DEAR GOD, POOR TWINGO
>>
>>56288928
Try:
Google.com/ncr
>>
>>56288873
Africa come to France.
>>
File: ei80504032.jpg (42KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
ei80504032.jpg
42KB, 526x700px
Are twingo's in usa? Does renault sell cars there? Any french cars at all?
Do murricans enjoy the superior air suspension of premium french auto-mobiles?
>>
>be 'merican working in South America
>browser, OS, locale, etc all set to English
>websites still default to Spanish
>>
>>56288928

I'm a Microsoft hater. I eschewed Windows nearly 20 years ago, and watched with great schadenfreude the shenanigans over the later years.

But I like bing for images and videos. It's simply the best. Google has taken away so much functionality that merely looking for "wallpaper size" is a pain in the ass.

Fuck 'em.

I use DDG, Bing, and Google, in that order.

"Don't be evil" - yeah, that's a good goal, don't *be* evil. But please be competent and don't ruin a good thing in the process. Please?

You know, like what you fucking did to DejaNews, you fuckheads?
>>
>>56289182

Burger here. Had to google wtf a twingo was (not even autocorrect knows) And as far as Renaults go, the only ones I've seen are mid 80's and early 90's tear. I've lived extensively in San Diego, San Francisco bay area, and now NYC.

So, I hoped I answered your question.
>>
File: Untitled.png (38KB, 376x334px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38KB, 376x334px
>>56288873

Setting-up the interface language is not the same thing as setting-up the preferred content languages.
>>
The world speaks American and not croissant.
Deal with it.
>>
>>56288873
more like LE REEEE
>>
>Be Hungarian
>Install Windows
>Set language to English
>Install
>It's Hungarian
>Set it to Engilsh in System
>It's still Hungarian

Am I being memed on by Microsoft?
>>
File: 1456447051678.jpg (34KB, 749x283px) Image search: [Google]
1456447051678.jpg
34KB, 749x283px
>>56288873
>>
There is a workaround.
Add irish (or anything less common) english as your primary language. Since it's not as default as en-US some sites respect it.
As someone living in a foreign country and working in another one and sometimes using a proxy from a 3rd one but not knowing either's language it's really annoying that some websites don't use the locale set by the browser and instead use geoip.
>>
>>56289874
Most likely your shit government
>>
>>56290059

>>>/Pol/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.