[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People throw all kinds of useful shit away. I found a recycled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: varg.jpg (106KB, 988x657px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
106KB, 988x657px
People throw all kinds of useful shit away. I found a recycled computer, picked out the processor from it and turns out it's a 3770. Got a motherboard for it, put some ram on that bitch and guess what? It fucking works. I put a GPU there and sold it for $700. Guy from another state came in and bought it for his kid.

I put somewhere like $100 in new parts into it, used my old SSD and 390X into it and it's wonderful. Pretty much every game does easily 60fps with all the settings maxed out. I think my net loss in my own parts is like $300 or less. I made $300 because some people just throw good shit away. Unless I had saved the CPU it would've gotten recycled for minerals.
>>
>>56274197
You got lucky. Was the rest of the PC non-functional? Anything else useful you got from it?
>>
>>56274293

I didn't test it, just took out easily removable parts. It had two 4GB ram units of which one worked and is still in use now. Mobo was some bullshit foxconn board with proprietary connectors, so that I didn't bother taking out. HDD was a WD blue, old one, so that too was left in there.

Nothing else really.
>>
>>56274342
It was probably the HDD or mobo that died, then tech illiterate owner was like "Toss it".
>>
>>56274359

Yeah, that's probably it, my money is on the busted RAM. If only I could take everything and just refurbish stuff, I would make a lot of money on the side. 10 of these is 3 grand, and the amount of shit that gets thrown away...
>>
>>56274394
Most places that refurbish in bulk take in old lenovo/dell optiplex/HP units from govt, business and schools that are upgrading en masse. There's a fucking ton of them on fleabay.
>>
>>56274441

Yeah I've seen them, but they all run some bullshit PSU and no GPU. Processors are good, but everything else not. I know people buy them, but they could sell more by bundling that shit with at least a R9 290 or GTX 970, refurbished models are inexpensive. Sandisk SSDs are cheap when ordered from China, 120GB is only $30. PSU can be a refurb too, as long as it has a brand like Cooler Master or Corsair. All the Gaymers will feel more comfortable buying that. You can pretty much just add 90% of the additional costs on top of the computer.

So something like a i5 2500/8GB/500GB HDD will go for a couple hundred bucks, but a 2500/8GB/R9 290/120GB SSD will reach 200-300 more without even trying.
>>
>>56274535
Problem is most people who buy these on fleabay know what they want them for ahead of time. If you want a GPU, you can add one. As for the SSD, a 120 GB is too small for most people, even if it's faster. You need additional storage in that case. Also, a lot of them have shitty PSUs ranging from 220 watts (can barely support a GT 730) to 300 (can barely support a GTX 750 ti)
>>
>>56274535
>PSU can be a refurb too, as long as it has a brand like Cooler Master or Corsair.
Refurb PSUs suck, and once you start trying to cram standard PSUs into proprietary cases with non-standard connectors, dumb shit can happen.
>>
Took an 1st gen ipad mini from best buy's recycling bin. all it needs is a new lcd and digitizer.
>>
The summer after Bulldozer came out I found a prebuilt on the side of the road. I always pop off the heatsink to get an idea of its age and saw that the CPU was a Phenom II x4. Came back with my car to pick it up later and ended up getting the CPU plus a Radeon HD 4550, 2x2GiB DDR3 memory, a 1TB WD Green, and a PCIe Wi-Fi card. Everything was fully functional and the best part was that I had an AM3+ motherboard lying around that just needed a CPU and some memory.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.