/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

multi-gpu setup is beautiful, but it fucking sucks. 1080ti release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: evga_gts980_kingpin_sli_01.jpg (492KB, 1600x964px) Image search: [Google]
evga_gts980_kingpin_sli_01.jpg
492KB, 1600x964px
multi-gpu setup is beautiful, but it fucking sucks.

1080ti release when?
i'm sick and tired of my 980ti's.

new games never fully support SLI (nor will some game ever) and the devs and nvidia doesn't give a shit about us since we are a minority among the customers.

but when SLI is working as intended they are fucking great, like outperfoming the 1080.
>>
>>56274193
The heatsinks of these monsters are full copper?
>>
>>56274402
By the way, OP. Don't worry, when DX12 becomes standard, SLI/Crossfire builds shouldn't be such a headache anymore.
>>
File: 1380256249070.jpg (59KB, 561x576px) Image search: [Google]
1380256249070.jpg
59KB, 561x576px
>>56274402
I don't know if it was just my gpu, but I had the MSI version and the temps were mediocre at best.

My guess is that the copper retains the heat more, thus requiring more airflow to compensate.
>>
>>56274458
That's not how it works
>>
>>56274438
>shouldn't be such a headache anymore
Because they're extinct? There are like 2 games which support DX12 multi-GPU, AotS and RotTR and major engines like UE4 don't support mGPU at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if lazy devs ignore DX12 mGPU completely. NVIDIA (and AMD) at least have some incentive to support mGPU since you're buying 2 of their products in the end, even if you're in the minority. Devs have almost 0 practical reason to support it, they don't have to give a shit about a very minor part of their demographic, they're not even making more money out of you like NVIDIA/AMD are.

We'll see, I hope I'm wrong because for the last few years you really needed 2 cards if you wanted actual top-tier performance and you absolutely need 2 of them now for 1440p @ 144Hz or 2160p @ 60Hz.
>>
>>56274675
>We'll see, I hope I'm wrong because for the last few years you really needed 2 cards if you wanted actual top-tier performance and you absolutely need 2 of them now for 1440p @ 144Hz or 2160p @ 60Hz.

exactly, this is why I don't get why nvidia/amd/gaming devs don't focus on mGPU's- thats where you find the power to max out on 1440p and so on for maximal game experience.

man, you can't even play deus ex at 60+fps at 1440p on high(!) preset with a fucking 1080.

look at this rape: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/deus_ex_mankind_divided_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,7.html
>>
>op tired of his dual 980tis

here i am with a single 960 and dgaf kek
>>
>>56275267

Why are modern GPUs such shit? If The Titan X cant run a recent game maxed out ar 4K then it probably wont last a year.
>>
File: what-year-is-it.jpg (10KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
what-year-is-it.jpg
10KB, 223x223px
>>56275382
more like Nixxon's retarded PC port's fault.

pascals are great, it has been showed in every benchmark until this retarded game came out.

>High ends-pc with 1440p monitors are back playing at 1080p
>>
>>56275444

>My PC sucks at this, it must be a bad port
>>
Maybe you just are stuck on building consoles instead of actual PC's?

>Xeon E5-2670
>Radeon Pro Duo
>6 VM's simultaneously on four screens
>>
>>56274193
If you are sick of them let me have one and i'll send you cash plus something nice.
>>
>>56275267
The 490 can't come soon enough.
>>
1080ti is titanx lodz
>>
>>56274193
>Tired of my 980tis

Jesus dude and I'm here with my integrated gpu saving up for a 950 JUST
>>
>>56275444
Not sure if Nixxes is to blame entirely, their ROTTR port runs at 4K 60FPS on 1080 SLI in DX12, pretty much everything maxed except AA (it's not needed anyway on my 27" 4K screen). I don't know about DXMD, I haven't bought it yet and there's no demo or benchmark.
>>
>>56275686
>Sandy Bridge IPC
>2.6GHz for notoriously single-threaded and CPU bottlenecked AMD drivers
>fucking CF on top of that
>with 4GB cards too!
That build may be just great if your purpose is to run 6 VMs, but it's a pretty bad fit for running games, which is what this thread is about.
>>
>>56275382
Because making cards look flashier is a much cheaper "improvement" for manufacturers.
Because Microsoft and Sony are doing their damn best to convince every normie that consoles are THE device for gaming.
Because making a dumbed down console game and then porting them to PC without any optimization is cheaper for the devs.
>>
>>56275492
To be fair, there were tons of concerns on port problems but Tital Biscuit (the most reputable reviewer)
>>
>>56277365

Enjoy playing your consoles.
>>
>>56277405

You should watch his video and hear how pleased he is with the port.
>>
>>56274402
Yes.
>>
>>56274458

are you high on shrooms?
>>
>>56274193
>and the devs and nvidia doesn't give a shit about us
now you know how linux vidya game users feel
>>
>>56277977
Except we actually have good drivers now.
Keyword: Now.
>>
>>56277987
there are drivers but how are they useful if there very few vidya games that can take full advantage of them?
>>
>>56275382
>>56275267
Can people stop to bring up DX? The game is horribly optimized. Its not the hardware's fault that DX is such garbage. The game looks horrible yet eats up loads of resources. Hell, this pile of shit even reached 8.5GB+ without even having a memory leak. Considering that almost all other games hardly even hit 6, thats completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>56277452
yea, was he under gun point by Nixxes when making that video?

he was actually pleased with playing 1080p, on his 1440p monitor with 1080 SLI setup.
>>
>>56275267

>man, you can't even play deus ex at 60+fps at 1440p on high(!) preset with a fucking 1080

lol, I get ~40 fps at 1080p with an i7/1080 on high settings
>>
>>56275267
>dx11
>>
>>56278043

https://youtu.be/V9iTD9Obmn8

>Show you what you can expect from the PC port which is for the most part pretty good
>>
>>56278028
>he fell for the 3.5+0.5gb meme
And what the fuck are you talking about it looks great
>>
Settle a bet.

My roomate and I live in a hot place where the AC is constantly breaking down which leaves us with bad ambient temperatures for our computers.

A simple solution that works either way is a small honeywell fan on top of the tower to keep the air moving so the area around the computer doesn't get too hot.

He says putting the fan in front of the PC exhaust will cool faster because it will such the hot air out better and throw it across the room.

I say putting it behind the exhaust is better because it still pushes the hot air away from the exhaust but it also creates a low pressure area to help move the air out of the exhaust and keeps the area over the exhaust cooler for better heat transfer.

Who is right and at what point is it better to buy a personal AC for ambient cooling than it is to buy expensiv water cooling?
>>
>>56279200
>most part pretty good
>1080p on 1080 and can't even hit it with Very High preset

PC master race? more like PC cucked race
>>
>>56279680
did you not take basic science class in middle school?
>ideo
>theorize how it might work
>hypothesize what will happen
>test
>take note of the results
or something along those lines.
either way fuckoff.
>>
my dual 480s work fine, and they will damn fucking fine once devs start utilizing proper dx12/vulkan with multi gpu support, where two gpus give close to 100% increase in performance.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.