[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theguardian.com/technol ogy/2016/aug/25/whatsapp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: zuck.jpg (34KB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
zuck.jpg
34KB, 770x578px
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/25/whatsapp-to-give-users-phone-number-facebook-for-targeted-ads?CMP=fb_gu

So zuck will link all facebook accounts to your phone number and use it to send you fucking texts with ads regardless of the fact that you didn't want to put your phone number on facebook.

And while you can opt out of the ads via text you can't opt out of facebook getting your phone number and contact list.

How does that make you feel /g/?
>>
>How does that make you feel /g/?
Indifferent.
>>
>>56271551
ihavenothingtohide.jpg
>>
>>56271551
Sadly, i don't use fb
>>
>>56271551
feel what?
I don't even use facebook.
>>
Don't use the Facebook App. Only via browser
>>
>>56271600
/bread
>>
>>56271551

I'm not on facebook.
>>
Whut? I thought they've already done that once the acquisition was completed.
>>
Ive been free of that site for a while now.
It's always been a data mining site
>>
The opt out option does say "don't give my phone # to jews"
>>
Just installed Signal.

Only contacts using it are nerds from back in college i have no intent of talking to.

What now?
>>
>>56273721
uninstall because signal is still shit anyway regardless
>>
>>56271551
I use neither facebook or whatsapp, so I am completely indifferent to your information.
>>
>>56273721
>he fell for le signal play services meme
>>
>>56271551

Even more relevied I don't use TraceBook.
>>
File: NuKH477.jpg (52KB, 442x482px) Image search: [Google]
NuKH477.jpg
52KB, 442x482px
The best part is even if you don't use Facebook, your WhatsApp using friends will upload your name, email address and phone number to the botnet for you. Both fb and WhatsApp upload full address books to fb.
>>
>>56275756
How would whatsapp know my name when they don't have any permissions in xprivacy ?
>>
>>56271551
>regardless of the fact that you didn't want to put your phone number on facebook.
Where do you get that bit from?
>>
>>56273764
>>56274288
what's wrong with signal and what are good alternatives?
>>
>>56275958
Because your friends are uploading their address books. It doesn't matter what's installed on your phone
>>
>>56271551
People who are on facebook and people who aren't, have the same feelings:

THEY DON'T CARE
H
E
Y
D
O
N'
T
C
A
R
E
>>
>>56276016
Telegram
>>
>>56271600
/thread
>>
I don't use that shit. Still, Zuck's a slimy kike.
>>
>>56271571
Yeah. Anyone who really gives a shit about that kind of privacy wouldn't have used facebook or whatsapp in the first place.
>>
>>56276125
If you're serious about privacy... I've said this a million times

TELEGRAM IS NOT SECURE...

The legit first rule of Cryptology is "Unless you know what the fuck you're doing, don't role your own Crypto." And guess what Telegram did? Run their own Crypto... And they're MATHEMATICIANS not Cryptologists...

Just look up "Is telegram secure" and you'll find a plethora of security nerds criticizing it for this point alone... Until they have an ACTUAL audit done from a third-party with full-disclosure... We cannot trust Telegram's Crypto...
>>
>>56271608
That doesn't mean they don't know your phone number, you dumbass. Chances are, some other person has your phone number in their contacts and he or she uses the FB... You're fucked.
>>
>>56273721
>signal
>le nerds xdxdxd /g/ anonynous privacy
>>
>>56276125
>>56277907
Thank you both of you for the input. I will do some research on Telegram.

Is there any other good choice if Telegram is not proven to be safe?
>>
>>56278548
>not discussing selling drugs and little thai girls with your secret contacts via signal
lmaoing @ your life
>>
>>56275756
Good thing I have no friends ;_;
>>
>>56271551
>got the new update
>read terms
>uncheck the checkbox that says share to facebook
>click accept
>done
Do you fags even try?
>>
>>56281054
How can we try if most of us avoid facebook or have no friends? ;_;
>>
>whats app

Thank god i dont use whats app
>>
>don't have facebook anymore
>don't have friends
>used whatsapp and uninstalled it because i have no friends
;_;
>>
>>56277907
Nice copypasta dick head
Shame you have no idea
>>
>>56281081
I feel your pain. This news would be shocking if I used facebook and whatsapp too. Friends would be nice but I rarely have social activity outside of chinese cartoon forums.
>>
>>56271551
Ha jokes on you I'm an only child.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.