[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walk into icecream shop >Ask to get a sample of x flavor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1471182005085.jpg (25KB, 571x287px) Image search: [Google]
1471182005085.jpg
25KB, 571x287px
>walk into icecream shop
>Ask to get a sample of x flavor to see if you want it
>New software comes out
>Want to try it to see if it is shit or not
>Torrent it to try it out before purchasing
How is it any different?
>>
>>56263725
>Ask
>>
What kind of cuck buys software he can pirate?
>>
>>56263725
Because torrenting would be like getting the whole cone and taking a lick

Of course this analogy breaks down because you can't stop eating without wasting the ice cream
>>
>>56263725
Nothing wrong with trying out before buying OP.
>>
>>56263785
Le gobernment disagrees.
>>
>>56263725
>you ask for ice cream, a good that maintains its quality throughout your consumption
>basically the only leverage the business has, in this case, is the quantity
>by limiting the quantity that they give you for >free (with your taste sample), and because of how easy it is, in a scenario as physical and non-virtual as this, for them to make sure you are not able to take more than they give you (at least not without a robbery), it's a safe bet to give you one little taste
>they know (1) that you still have a reason to buy the selected flavor (in case you like it) and (2) that you can not steal their entire ice cream deposit just because they gave you one little taste

Now where this differs:
>you ask for a software trial so as to see if you it is actually a product you'd waste money on
>the only way the scenario is similar to the previous, ice cream one, is if the trial is time-based (i.e. you have 10 days to try the product out); if you see any other way, show me, but I can't think of any
>even so, with a timed trial, there's no guarantee that you don't somehow reverse engineer their anti-piracy mechanisms and unlock the product illegally, for you
>>
>>56263725

Because you might actually buy the ice cream. You can drop the complete bullshit about you ever having bought software after getting it for free.
>>
>>56263895
>that you can not steal their entire ice cream deposit just because they gave you one little taste
>sample ice cream until you find one you like
>draw handgun
>take bucket of ice cream
>>
>>56263947
i still hope for the day where people understand IF YOU DONT WANT SOMEONE TO PIRATE IT PROVIDE A SERVICE THE PIRATES CANT GIVE

>walk into candy store
>ask to try a sample
>brettygud.png
>new flavor comes out
A: buy it day 1 from the store
or
B: wait a week-month and try the chink brand for free

the difference is if A decides to change the recipe (bug fix/patch) you can try the new one ASAP and not have to wait for the chinks to find out the new candy recipe

if you want people to buy your candy be better at making candy than the competition
>>
>>56263725
>Go to software website
>Ask for taste
>They give you playable/trial demo
>Decide based on that

"B-but they might not have a demo"

>Go to grocery store
>Ask for taste
>They say no, we don't do that
>Steal pint to try it
>>
>>56264026
>Go to grocery store
>Ask for taste
>They say no, we don't do that
fuck you
>go to sams club
>>
>>56263725
Digital piracy will lead to communism, that's why it's a bad thing.
>>
>>56264139
only because people dont understand the internet is literally a perfect world for capitalism
>an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
the internet is:
a system in which a users operating system, programs/applications, services, and the industry as a whole are created, distributed, and maintained via patches and updates by private owners and companies in pursuit of profit or lack thereof
>>
>>56263725
That's what demosm, trials and free versions are for, no need to pirate
>>
>>56264270
The concept of demos haven't existed since what, mid 2000s? I remember when any game would let you play the first episode or the first hour of the game for completely free and would let you know you can finish the rest of the game if you paid for it.
>>
>>56264320
>I remember when any game would let you play the first episode or the first hour of the game for completely free and would let you know you can finish the rest of the game if you paid for it.

Yes I remember 1993 too.

It was 23 years ago.
>>
>>56263725
>Not exclusively using free as in money software
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.