[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've bought pic related a few days ago (y700, 15.6'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

So I've bought pic related a few days ago (y700, 15.6' FHD IPS) and the screen is giving me headaches. Colors are great and so on, but there's just something weird about that screen. When I look at the screen it feels like my brain is fighting it. After looking at it for a couple of hours my head starts to hurt. Is it a defective screen? Or my eyes are too fucking sensitive?

I have one more year of masters degree so I will be looking at this fucker for 12 hours a day sometimes, so it would be pretty bloody good if my head didn't start to hurt after the first hour.
>>
Maybe try something like f.lux or redshift to tone down the color temperature to something warmer and less harsh on your eyes.

If that doesn't work, see if you can swap out a better panel.
>>
Hz of altesst 60? If higher, then put it down to 60. Also turn the brightness down and use flux
>>
Does it have a glare screen? If so, that's your problem. I worked for Lenovo before and their screens are too reflective sometimes.
>>
>>56262942
battery is shit and the connect behind the screen is prone to getting loose. I would know i have one.
>>
>>56262971
I'm using flux, colors have nothing to do with at, it just looks somewhat weird when I look at it
The shop I bought it from has a 7 day return-and-no-questions-asked policy that allows to return the laptop and get replacement, but replacement would still be same model laptop. I'm thinking of returning it tomorrow.

>>56262981
60Hz, using flux
>>
It uses PWM for the LED backlight which flickers and is probably bothering you.

Not sure if you can adjust the rate on Windows but its pretty trivial to do on Linux.
>>
>>56263022
it's "semi-glare" or something like that, it's like in between the both worlds, maybe that's what causing my eyes and brain to go nuts?
>>
Maybe the brightness is too much?
>>
I might know what you mean.

About a year or two ago, I bought this glossy Acer IPS monitor and it looks like it "sparkles" in a way that it's a bitch to look at.
Almost like streaks of static dancing across it. If I put my face close enough, it feels like my eyes are about to explode.
I've noticed that my TN laptop screen doesn't cause such thing, nor does my IPS Cintiq screen.
Didn't get the same effect from the flicker free Samsung 4k monitors either.

So I assume it has something to do with the flicker, just like anon here said >>56263073
>>
>>56263147
Its like staring at a movie poster that is lit by florescent bulbs.

They do it to save power but it looks like shit.
>>
>>56263145
my older laptop, Y50-70 has a TN panel that is very bright and it causes no such thing. And even if i reduce brightness on this thing, it still feels... I don't know, weird...

>>56263147
that might be the thing, it feels like I'm looking at a 60hz CRT monitor. i think I will return this for another and if that one causes same shit to my eyes/head, I will try to get the 4K model, maybe that will not have the same problem. (yeah, yeah, i know 4k on 15.6 monitor is stupid, but if i'm staying with this shit, i will have an 850 euro laptop that causes headaches)
>>
According to this anything below 59% brightness uses PWM
http://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-y700-review-major-overhaul-of-the-popular-gaming-hit-lenovo-y50/#display-and-sound

Sucks that you seem sensitive to this. Screen flickering never bothered me even on CRTs (maybe because I have shitty eyes lel)

Btw how's the keyboard on this laptop?
>>
>>56263323
>Btw how's the keyboard on this laptop?
not bad, I'd say a bit better than on a y50-70

>According to this anything below 59% brightness uses PWM

it still hurts head even at 100% brightness
>>
>>56263524
Thanks anon kun, I'm getting the ideapad 700 (the non gaymer kind cuz i'm too poor) i've read they have the same keyboard.

Anyway I dunno what how to help you about the headaches. Are you sure it's from just the laptop? You might be myopic or something.
>>
>>56263576
I didn't buy this for gaming, but it's hard to find a proper laptop with i7-6700hq and a 4gb 960m for 850 euros.

I'm near-sighted, but the problem is 100% with the screen, because nothing else causes this shit to my eyes. I have a 12 year old 1280x1024 dell monitor as my second monitor and it causes no such thing to my eyes and fucking brain
>>
>>56262942
Try changing the refresh rate, try something like flux, try messing with your gpu visual settings.

Plenty of things to try, but odds are you're just being a bitch.
>>
>>56263747
refresh rate is 60hz, can't change 1hz up or down
already using flux
gpu settings don't have anything that helps

you're just being a bitch
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.