[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw backspace doesn't go back anymore. Why the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: Google_Chrome_icon_(2011).svg.png (404KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Google_Chrome_icon_(2011).svg.png
404KB, 2000x2000px
>Tfw backspace doesn't go back anymore.

Why the fuck did they remove it?
>>
File: 721452.gif (263KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
721452.gif
263KB, 300x165px
>he doesn't use mouse gestures
>>
File: depressant.jpg (195KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
depressant.jpg
195KB, 1200x899px
Good, this was a shitty feature.

Just use Alt+Left.
>>
> new features
>>
>>56260896
idiots accidentally activated it
>>
>>56260896
>We want the casual-browsing crowd.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/17/go-back-with-backspace-by-google-for-chrome/
>>
File: 1466270039251.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1466270039251.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>make a """"""feature"""""" for retards who didn't know you could just click the forward button on the UI and have all your data back while forcing everyone who knows how to properly use a keyboard to install a broken and wasteful extension for basic functionality
Only the best minds work for google, guise...
>>
>>56260982

Thanks. Page up and down are above the backspace on my Thinkpad X201 so I use backspace to navigate back a lot.
>>
It's prone to accidents, just use alt+left
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>just use this slow and inconvenient two keystroke shortcut instead of a faster one keystroke shirtxut you've been using your entire life instead!
only the best minds work at google...
>>
Chromecucks
>>
>>56260910
This, literally.
>>
>>56260910
>>56261190
good morning google employees/chromium "developers"
>>
File: 1464556169530.gif (2MB, 304x332px) Image search: [Google]
1464556169530.gif
2MB, 304x332px
>unironically using Chrome
>>
>>56261205
Kek on you, m8. I've used this shortcut in literally every application that has a forward and back button for 17 years.
>>
>>56261217
>i never learned how to use a keyboard properly and thus have done things poorly for 17 years
great story luddite, tell us more
>>
>>56261231
>le vimacs shortcuts for everything meme
>everyone must do everything the same as me
>>
>>56261247
>literally telling people to use a shortcut that's twice as slow and removed from the other navigation keys
lmao @ your life, shill
>>
>>56261262
Give me a shortcut for going forward a page.
>>
>>56261271
forward is an exception, not the rule

when you navigate to a page there is no forward

if the decision is based on forward shortcut it's ass backward
>>
>>56260910
>Alt+Left
Is it better than the alt-right?
>>
>>56260896
Because it's the worst keyboard shortcut implemented in a browser. It hasn't made sense since NCSA Mosaic implemented forms. If there's ever any confusion about whether a form field has focus (in which case, backspace edits text) or doesn't (in which case, backspace goes back, potentially destroying everything you were entering) - and there frequently is - then it's extremely poor UX.

Good decision, Chrome.

>>56260982
Nope. Way too many shit websites using Cache-Control to fuck that shit up, some even deliberately. Especially on the kind of sites that you tend to enter things on.

Remember, there are websites out there which boot you out if you actually use the Back and Forward buttons because you're browsing outside their approved form flow.

We're on the web we're on, not the web we'd like to be.
>>
>>56261271
i got like six mouse buttons for that BITCH
>>
>>56261349
>Way too many shit websites using Cache-Control to fuck that shit up, some even deliberately
What are you doing inputting anythint into a shit website? And no, such websites are not common. This is a step backwards. It's like coding a website in 2016 for ie6 or flash because some retards still use it. The overwhelming vast majority of websites keep the text with a simple forward button click.
>>
>>56261335
>use alt+arrow keys
>have both kinds of navigation

Plus, were ignoring the true master race >>56261361
Mouse shortcuts (not UI elements) > any keyboard shortcut for a GUI application
>>
>>56261380
>two keystrokes are better than one
no.

mouse is dogshit tier for backspace
>>
File: 1379811705184.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1379811705184.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Your entire argument is that you don't know how to use a keyboard properly and thus can't stop yourself from routinely striking the wrong key. Get the fuck off of my /g/, normalfag.
>>
>>56261402
>get cucked into using the backspace button for going backwards
>decide no, you needed to be on the next page
>oh shit i have to move my mouse to click on the forward button (inb4 trackpoint or some other goalpost moving excuse to make this seem like a shorter process than it is)
>takes more time than just using alt+arrows
>>
>>56260896
it tells me i can use Alt+Backspace to go back, but that doesn't work either
>>
>>56261440
it takes you longer to click the forward key than it does move your hand either from the left side of the keyboars to the right or your hand off the mouse?

man you are shit at life just end it all already. I can select a single pixel in the tens of milliseconds with a mouse. that's the whole reason I use them. likewise a single key can be instantaneously pushed, two cannot.
>>
>>56260904
i have disabled those. they are annoying and do unexpected things.
>>
>bkspc = back???
hoy shit! just learning about it,. too bad I already updated
>>
>>56260896
Use Opera and set whatever keyboard shortcuts you like. Even one key shortcuts allowed.
>>
>>56260896
>tfw my thinkpad has dedicated keys for that
>>
>>56261531
>i judge the quality of someone elses life by how they use their keyboards
>implying you're not literally, actually not autistic
I knew an autistic guy who flipped his shit over this kind of thing, maybe you should go see a psychiatrist or something.

>I can select a single pixel in the tens of milliseconds with a mouse
I'd like to see you do this.
>>
>>56261621

>Using closed source slav software.
>>
>>56261271
>i dont know what shift + backspace does
>i dont know what alt + right-arrow does
this is the kind of faggot that shitposts on /g/ unironically
pls return to your designated pigsty >>>/v/
>>
>>56261648
It just werks, unlike Chrome/Chromium. And I hope you aren't unironically suggesting to use ff.
>>
>>56261645
Did you not play Quake back in the day? Precise snap selections are easy. You must have poor eyesight and shitty reflexes. No wonder you can't type without hitting wrong keys all the time.
>>
>>56261653
>I can't read
>implying I didn't already say that alt+right exists
pls learn how to use your eyeballs in tandem with the sack of mush held inside the hollow bone in between your ears
>>
>>56261695
yes alt-right exists

HOWEVER

it being two keystrokes makes it objectively slow compared to just clicking the forward icon or else I'd be using it already because I'm extremely autistic about performance and google shitheads have chosen an objectively inferior path and will be rightfully shit on for the remainder of their failed existence
>>
>>56261806
mouse can be slower because normies keep it on the default speed thats so slow that you have to move the mouse 5 meters to move the cursor there.
>>
>>56260896
>tfw didn't use backspace in browsers
>>
File: vimium-logo.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
vimium-logo.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
Didn't read thread. Anyone else here /vimiummasterrace/?

Oh, you aren't yet?

Lol what a fucking idiot.
>>
>>56262148
why should everyone use vimlike shortcuts?
> vimfx user
>>
>>56262183
It just works.
>>
thanks moot
>>
>>56262238
>moot works at the big G now
this was the surrealest turn of events.
>>
>>56261588
just disable the ones you never use and you won't have any problems
>>
>>56262148
no. i use the normal shortcuts because im not an autist.
>>
>>56262310
how? theres one that goes to a url if its on the clipboard. its annoying to have on a laptop
>>
>>56262441
well if you're on a laptop with no mouse there's no point in using mouse gestures
>>
Good.
Only time I've ever used backspace to go back was on accident. Absolutely terrible feature
>>
top kek, didnt actually notice it, since I only shift click links or if I'm deep into some page like a purchase page I just hold mouse over over the back button

Backspace is in such a retarded place that its not worth using
>>
>>56261437
>Get the fuck off of my /g/, normalfag.
holy fucking shit, a special snowflake has been found
>>
>>56262928
I meant ctrl click links durh.

I just figured out the only thing I use backspace for. Refreshing captcha when the current one is shit
>>
>>56261216
>unironically using animeme
>>
>Not having a mouse with forwards and back buttons where you rest your thumb.
>>
Use vimium for keybindings, or vimfx on firefox. Very good.
>>
>>56260974
>ghacks
>/g/
>>
>>56260910
Now my screen is sideways
>>
>>56260896
I will never forget the day I was on Omegle, meeting my what could have been wife. She was perfect, same taste, same thoughts, qt smile and face. Made a typo, pressed Backspace, and it went to the fucking previous site.

I'm still considering suicide.
>>
It appeals to idiots that are unable to use a computer properly and hit backspace by mistake. Such idiots make up the majority of Google Chrome users, and computer users. Rather than waste their time with the <1% who liked it, Google can tell them to fuck off. Most competent computer users make an effort to avoid tracking so Google cares even less about them.
>>
>>56260896
Not using chromium.
pleb
>>
>>56262988
>using a mouse
What are you, some kind of video gamer loser?
>>
>>56262988
>not resting both of your hands on the keyboard

enjoy your uneven shoulders
>>
>>56260896
Because alt+left arrow key
>>
Is your browser supposed to auto-update? My chrome is just the same as it's ever been.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.