[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else in that wild and naive phase where they believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: yay.jpg (62KB, 873x927px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
62KB, 873x927px
Is anyone else in that wild and naive phase where they believe everything can and should be written entirely in C?

Because I am, and I don't want it to end!
Other people make fun of me when they find out I write everything in C89.
How do I get other people to understand?
>>
And you don't seem to understand
>>
at least use c99
>>
>>56254711
Sage
>>
Yes, C is my favourite language and I have yet to find a thing I can't do with it.
>>
>>56254711
enjoy your software being exploited
>>
>>56254711
Fuck yeah, I also code in C89. Feels great knowing that your code is portable.

I hear too often that you shouldn't code in C in this day and age, which I disagree with. Although yes, it can lead to some seriously security flaw, not everyone is a fucking moron. I take care if my code, double check my points and everything.
>>
>>56255316
>:s/if/in
>:s/points/pointers
>>
This is a python board. I'm with you on the C naivety, as you expressed it, but I know better than to actively speak with anyone about it. There's too many crawlers, probably affixed to C, and the AI is probably some code as data amalglamation of events from a real time examination of the crawl. So like a guy will troll you out of your belief and discussion by crawling your ip trace for days. This sites mods will keep at it because the shill pays for the work. Anyway imma end this post before it ends up ruined.
>>
>>56255731
>this is a python
If you post shit in python half of the replies you will get are
>python
>implying thats a programming language
>using python
>>
>>56254711
>Is anyone else in that wild and naive phase where they believe everything can and should be written entirely in C?
It will change once you actually try to earn money with software.
>>
>>56255866
I didn't mean to imply about the quality. Just save someone the effort of.moving passed C when there is little need to move on to others if you reference backwards compatability.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.