[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 52

File: 1467838729326.jpg (39KB, 297x296px) Image search: [Google]
1467838729326.jpg
39KB, 297x296px
>>
I don't find any good explanations outta the space.
Can someone explain what is the difference in the encryption theme between "cipher" and a "challenge"?
>>
A family member is offering me money to build a (pretty basic) website. I've never developed a website commercially before but I built some pretty good things for university assignments so I'm confident I can do it. Should I take up his offer? If so, what's a reasonable price to charge in bongmonies?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (8KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
8KB, 443x332px
Is MEMZ.exe safe? I recieved it in a facebook message but im not sure if I can trust it.
They said it only works if I dissable my norton
>>
Waiting on a confirmation for this.
>>56249711
>>56249728
>>56249747
Chances are I'm gonna do it either way tomorrow at this point.
>>
>>56254199
If you never heard something about HTML, CSS and JS and you can use it right, don't take the offer.

>>56254207
wtf... no, get some brain fgt.
>>
File: whatdidshemeanbythis.gif (2MB, 250x444px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidshemeanbythis.gif
2MB, 250x444px
>>
Not sure what to do with a laptop I have at the moment. Right now I want to sell it because value is dropping like a rock. Nothing is really wrong with it, besides the manufacturer dropped "testing of the device" with Windows10.

Highest value was told $150. Don't know if I should bite the bullet and sell.

Thoughts?
>>
>>56254253
oh, are we on antiques roadshow?
>nah, we on pawn stars!
you sure it's not eBay?
>someone shilling stolen shit again
give it back, Tyrone!
>>
>>56254166
Posting this again since the last thread ended before I posted it there, and I didn't realize it until after.

If I already have the stuff and it's on my computer, am I at risk? If I keep connecting to the internet but stop torrenting 100%, is that fine and dandy, or will they be able to say "hey, we just checked this guy and he had our files"!

It's worth mentioning I always run Peerblock when I torrent. That's not going to help enough? I don't see the point in paying for a VPN or seedbox so I can avoid paying for other stuff.

It's worth mentioning I mostly go after stuff I don't think I'm likely to get sued for. Tons of anime, some indie games (the ones I didn't want to support financially, like when I wanted to try FNAF knowing it was probably shit). I have some older movies, but stay away from bigger or newer stuff since like 13 months ago I got an email from my internet provider saying "X company has logged you as illegally getting Y movie at Z time, we're protecting your faggot ass and didn't give them details yet but you've got a strike now". Apparently the strike goes away after 1 year of good behavior according to their websites terms on this shit, so maybe I'm "clean" again.

Sorry to be an annoying faggot, this isn't the sort of shit I'd ask in a place that isn't anonymous. When I got that movie I got a strike for, they actually emailed me with the strike the next day. If they caught me with something smaller, like an anime strike, would it be an instant email or would they try to be coy and just record it and wait until they can say "haha, we got 4 strikes against you and didn't mention it yet, so now we'll sue you!"?
>>
File: 1471558272492.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471558272492.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
Will UW Seattle give a shit if I torrent chinese cartoons over the campus internet?
>>
>>56254277
Seriously, no one was interested until I got around $200. Still got the original drivers disk and box(I keep all the boxes for all my tech).

Just want to get a Surface pro since it keeps ducking on sale every odd week of the month.
>>
>>56254295
Probably, just go hang out at a Starbucks or another place with free internet and torrent there.
>>
File: IMG_20160825_005459.jpg (492KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_005459.jpg
492KB, 1600x1200px
How can I get rid of my TI-74 without tossing it or at great cost to myself? I don't want to junk something this neat but I don't want to keep it.
>>
>>56254295
Don't do it over campus internet anon, they'll see someone's downloading massive amounts of shit and wonder why and how. Seattle isn't some hick town, right? They'll have people who can say "Yeah, this IP is gonna be blah blah blah, it'll probably be illegal downloads, check the devices belonging to this room/person".

If you have a laptop (and you should if you're a student downloading illegal shit on wifi), just go to a Mcdonalds or Library with free wifi. Yeah, you'll have to sit there with a laptop like a doofus, but it's unlikely anyone will question you. Maybe download the .torrent files you want on campus, and then get all the pieces when you're at a Mcdonalds or Starbucks or some shit. If anyone asks (they won't) tell them you're an author or just a bored student. Open a word document of some school shit, it's easy.
>>
Am I gay?
>>
>>56254446
Probably. I mean, you're posting here without answering previous questions or supplying relevant questions.
>>
Rate my Budget Mini-ITX build

Link:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jCtJM8

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($118.69 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.94 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus H110I-PLUS/CSM Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($82.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($40.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.39 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $644.98
>>
How do I poo in loo?
>>
How do I stop sucking dick?
>>
I have a really bad problem with Fedora Linux, it won't boot after the inatall. It keeps saying I need to restart the inatall
>>
So recently I installed an SSD as my OS/boot drive. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 onto it while my previous OS drive was disconnected. I installed my drivers and everything without much problem. Formatted my old OS drive, and got everything configured.
But the system is not running smoothly. I have 2.8 gb of RAM being used at all times, even with nothing running. There is often stuttering when performing tasks. If I am listening to music it will become choppy or stutter as well, especially if I am doing something else.

Whereas I would run games very smoothly before with high fps and no stuttering, I now get massive stuttering and noticeably lower frames, though reinstalling the drivers did nothing. I never had any issues with multitasking.

Everything ran fine before switching over to this Windows install, is this install just botched? Do I need to reinstall and pray that doing everything all over again will be successful?

I would bit the bullet and install a linux distro on this machine but I already run debian on my thinkpad and use this machine for photo editing and playing vidya occasionally.
>>
R u gay?
>>
File: Casual.png (11KB, 259x288px) Image search: [Google]
Casual.png
11KB, 259x288px
Why would anyone pay for a VPN or Seedbox. Someone else mentioned Peerblock, which is free.

If you aren't doing anything super criminal (like, you go to jail instead of getting sued civilly) why bother? If privacy that important for computers?

Please inform me, I'm an anime-watching casual who doesn't know shit about this. People on /a/ talk about this stuff, but they aren't nearly as helpful as /g/ tends to be.
>>
Should I break up with someone if they hate this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA9AXvD09CM
>>
>>56254112
Reposting because of lack of answers:
I need your help, /g/. I just got a Chromecast and I want to be able to stream videos directly from my FTP server to the Chromecast. Unfortunately, literally every single app that claims to be able to do this wants you to install their client on a Windows desktop, then it will access the FTP server from your desktop, stream it to your phone, then cast it from your phone to the Chromcast.
Is there anything that can actually do it, or is there only fucking retarded non-solutions like what I just outlined above?
>>
>>56254575
It's like a P.O. box.
>>
>>56254363
What I find helps the best is also bringing some old assignments with you, preferably with big red markings. People instantly buy the "revising my work" excuse when you've got work there with you.
>>
--no-install-recommends

Yes or no?
>>
>>56254215
>Should I replace the foam they put over the RAM with more paste?
WTF are you on about with this?
>>
>>56254188
fkcing answer, bump!
>>
>>56254699
ask your question in fucking English then.
>>
>>56254646
Es file explorer can access ftp as well as steam any media to ccast. Try it.
>>
Basically, you can install gentoo on anything that is supported, right?
Can I install it on my old windows phone? Its battery is shit so I bought a new phone recently.
>>
>>56254714
Ah, sorry for my korean language based question, wtf. You wanna tell me now, you can't understand my question, srsly?
>>
Help I don't like africa
>>
>>56254699
Not that guy.

Your question makes no sense. "What's the difference between a cipher and a challenge" is akin to saying what's the difference between a car and a cat.

Additionally, you're here for our help. Demanding it, with posts like
>fkcing answer, bump!
won't get you that help.
>>
I watched movies and saw that people can hack windows password just by sticking their USB into the PC.
Is it real? I want to do that too.
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 754x466px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 754x466px
>creating backup so i can do a fresh install of w7
>use acer's built in program
>w/e
>asks to burn 4 dvd's

Is there an easier way around this?
I mean, I can go out and buy 4 dvd's but that's fucking annoying.
>>
I've got an iMac laying around that's about 10 years old, is there anything useful I can do with it or should I just use it to fuck around with different linux distros and shit?
>>
>>56254289
>>56254575
VPNs are like a condom. If you use it right it pretty much always works. Peerblock is like joining a frat and getting a recommended list of girls who don't seem slutty enough to have STDs, but you're going to be boning new girls every weekend for a year. The list may be technically better than nothing, but you're still gonna catch 'em all.

In other words peerblock has almost no effect. If you want to take your chances with your ISP go ahead. Let us know how that turns out.
>>
If I want to use a condenser microphone I hear I should use a phantom power supply and an external sound card. What would be the best bang for my buck in that regard?
>>
>>56254727
Nope. It can stream images or music from my FTP, but when trying to play video it just says "Sorry, operation failed"
>>
How the fuck do I add a bus in qemu?
Like a IDE, PCI, or virtio bus.
Yes I know I can just use the presets in -machine but I want to try building a machine from scratch with -machine set to none.
>>
>>56254814
Use macrium reflect to backup your system onto an external. Or if you don't care about the preinstalled bloatware just get you windows key and a windows iso and make that your backup.

>>56254807
It's really not hard to change a windows password if you can boot to another drive. Also if you boot linux all the files are just sitting there with no protection at all, NTFS permissions be damned.
>>
>>56254727
>Using exfx
Get Solid Explorer man. Much lighter, cleaner, faster, and no shoveling shit or adware.
>>
>>56254550
That's not a lot of ram. The system intentionally takes up ram when it's not in use. Assuming your problems really are new and you didn't mess anything up in your installation or physically while you had the case open, I would try running sfc /scannow in the command line to check that none of your system files are corrupt, and try scanning the drive with whatever utility it's company put out to make sure it's in good shape.
>>
On a budget, whats a better GPU for a small form factor build, GT 730 vs r7 250?
>>
Need help on how to create a sum of numbers in two separate table in MS word.

its easy to do in a single tabel but i have two separate tabels in 1 page in MS word so how do i put the sum of the 1st tabel into the 2nd table.
>>
>>56255036
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

If you're going lower than these maybe think about sticking with integrated graphics.

>>56255066
Excel.
>>
>>56254295
Spoof your mac address
>>
>>56255087
I have an old CPU that doesn't support integrated graphics (i7 870) my HD 4550 is dying on me.
>>
>>56254638
Yeah.
>>56254748
It's mostly a shit hole anyways.
>>56254913
Virt manager can help if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>56254960
It's a paid app tho. Doesn't even have a free version. ES removes the addons in the paid version and their free version is actually pretty good.
>>
>>56254960
Failed to load media on the cast device.
Is it just impossible to do or something?
>>
What's the point of containers?

Like, I already have this Linux server up and running. Why would I throw a container on top of it? What do I gain?
>>
>>56255143
ES went to shit when I recently updated it.
>>
File: IMAG0159_1.jpg (562KB, 4050x1617px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0159_1.jpg
562KB, 4050x1617px
Might the problem be that my hard-drive is just old and doesn't work anymore?
I also couldn't get into windows but I haven't changed anything since it worked.
>>
>>56255098
Then upgrade your CPU/mobo instead. It's time.
>>
How can I tell if Thermal Paste has gone bad? I have Noctua NT-H1 that is about 3 years old and it keeps the shape of the tube instead of just becoming a glob. Maybe it'll be fine if it heats up, but still.
>>
>>56255143
It has a trial.

>ES removes the addons in the paid version
Are you being serious right now? It's called adware, by the way.

But hey, keep using ESFX. If you're cool with their previous fuck ups and other such conduct, that's fine.
>>
>>56254955
>NTFS permissions be damned.
As if it matters whether it's NTFS or ext4 when you already have physical access and the drive isn't encrypted
>>
>>56255219
Completely serious. The free version has two built in components that are mildly annoying but don't really get in the way of anything. I've never had anything but good experiences with ES. It picked up NTFS formatted flashdrives long before my device or any other file explorers could, and it's file sharing abilities are solid. If you have links to any concrete issues with it I'd be happy to see them.

>It has a trial.

A free trial? Well that solves everything! Good thing I only need two weeks to arrange my files perfectly so I'll never need a manager again!
>>
>>56255187
it's a HP prebuilt with a propietary PSU, just trying to squeeze a bit more life out of this
>>
What can I use to send and receive emails with image attachments anonymously?
>>
>>56254736
Help
>>
>>56254814
>not booting a windows 7 iso to a 4gb flash
>not fresh installing with that
kek my dude, i went through this yesterday
>>
What's a good tablet? I want to listen to music and watch anime on it. Can I use my own hdd on it? Also can I use a linux os?
>>
>>56254736
>>56255288

>anything that is supported

Yes you can put the thing on anything the thing can be put on. However your phone is not one of those things. You probably can't change it's OS at all. But feel free to look it up on XDA and google to see if anything fun pops up.
>>
>>56255270
Then find the cheapest thing on craigslist, bar none.
>>
>>56255175
Please, I've read the message but it doesn't tell me anything about what's wrong.
That thing shouldn't be missing.
>>
>>56255277
PGP
>>
>>56255394
Install rEFInd
>>
>>56255175
>>56255394
It does sound like a hardware problem, since it affects both OS's and you supposedly didn't change something.

I'd try reinstalling grub (I guess that's what you use).
If that doesn't work, reformat the /boot partition and reinstall grub.
If that doesn't work, throw the hard drive into the trash.
>>
File: file.png (148KB, 550x421px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148KB, 550x421px
Is there such a thing as AMD/Intel exclusive RAM? I was looking at this set of DDR2 RAM on eBay, and they mentioned that it only works with AMD motherboards. How is that even possible?
>>
I need some DVDs for data backup.

DVD + R or DVD - R ?
>>
How do i get into Java programming? Book recommendation or something?
>>
File: index.png (25KB, 659x456px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
25KB, 659x456px
How to How to make Laptop A share folders with laptop B?
Pic is related.
>>
>>56255447
DVD+R. The only reason to use minus is for compatibility with legacy equipment.
>>
>>56255503
right click folder
allow everyone permission
Go to other laptop
run
\\ip address\foldername
>>
>>56255503
So the devices on the left are both routers and router B is connected directly to router A by ethernet?
>>
>>56255495
http://mooc.fi/courses/2013/programming-part-1/ and http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023463.do

>>56255503
What operating system(s)?
>>
>>56255277
>>56255415
PGP isn't anonymous you idiot.
>>
>>56255523
Not what I meant.
But thanks for replying.
>>56255530
Yes.
I'm connected to ISP through broadband, using NanoStation.
That is connected to router A which in turn connected to router B.
I have devices connected to router A, and devices connected to router B.
How do I share folders between those?
>>56255534
>What operating system(s)?
GNU/Linux, Windows and android.
>>
>>56255555
PGA?

Nice get.
>>
If i can set my discrete GPU as the OpenGL accelerator while running Integrated as the display output, that means that my GPU is muxless right?
>>
How do I stop windows 10 from scanning every .exe file before executing it? I've disabled defender and whatnot but it still takes forever to launch an exe.
>>
>>56255596
get a ess ess dee
>>
My Windows 10 calendar is stuck on 2250 and it won't let me go back any further than 2249. The date and time settings are normal and everything else displays the correct date. How do I fix it?
>>
>>56255599
That doesnt stop a process using 30% cpu for 10-15 seconds before launching an exe.

>implying I have shitty spinning disks

kekd
>>
>>56255614
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAA
He fell for the windows meme!

I don't know, that's pretty fucked. Check the date in your bios.
>>
>>56255614
>>56255624
>a computer from the future
>>
What's the best way to be able to LAN ssh into devices that occasionally switch ip?
Not fond of static IP's
>>
File: latest.jpg (10KB, 253x380px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
10KB, 253x380px
>>56255614
>Windows 10

Theres your problem. Heres your solution.
>>
Gaming in mind when asking these questions, no rendering or anything.
>RAM
What effect do memory size, speed and latency have in my system and what do i need to care about? Do i need the higher speed or the bigger size and what pros/cons would these have?

In my specific case: currently have g skill F3-10600CL9D. 1333mhz 2x4GB. I guess thats pretty bad and maybe little money can increase much. If we are talking gaming use, is speed more important? Would 16GB even make a difference? I could get another 2x4GB of my current RAM or a new pair of 2x4GB with maybe like 2400mhz for approx the same price, what is the better choice? Will there even be a notable difference?
I dont have a skylake or DDR4 mainboard so just out of curiosity, is DDR4 remotely worth the cost?
My PC is very cool and silent so heat spreaders are of little importance, is the GB and MHz number the only important thing then or is the more expensive module from the better brand still preferable or do i not have to care as long as these numbers match? What do latencies mean, not technically or benchmark talking, does anyone care about that?

>monitoring RAM
When monitoring RAM while playing, am i just looking at the available size to see if it clogs up and lessens the overall performance or is there something more to it like speed of processing, which would be important?

>i5 v i7
if i buy a CPU purely for gaming and average Joe stuff, is there a reason to even look at i7? Hyperthreading doesnt add anything still. The physical core frequency is generally capped higher with i7, right? So if i want to achieve a certain performance goal (e.g. pair it with GTX10XX) i need to choose an i7? But thats also because of the higher end hardware, not the specific i7 features, huh
>>
>>56255694
>gaming pc
why though, there's only a handful of games that would need it and they all suck
what drives this purchase
>>
I'm running a stock clock i7 920 @2.6ghz

If I overclock and get a current gen gpu 480/1060 would it be much of a bottleneck?

mobo is a p6t-se.
>>
Can anyone suggest a good, lightweight version of Linux for a Linux beginner? A quick Google search led me to Lubuntu, would that be a good choice?

Alternatively I'm considering going with Windows XP and just trying to get some program to make it recognise the laptop's wireless card

Currently running Win 7 on an ageing laptop. It's absolutely in fine shape, and suitable for how I use it (browsing and watching videos only) but it's a little sluggish with Win 7 and it's just totally unnecessary
>>
>>56255568
Put the nanostation in bridging mode, and make router B a client/Access Point instead of making it do unnecessary additional routing.

Or set up a lan-to-lan cascade between the routers

http://www.wikihow.com/Cascade-Routers
>>
So, for some reason, when I was installing the processor for my build, I didn't see the notches that key the processor in a certain direction. And obviously, when I tried to power it on, it wouldn't stay on for even a second. Eventually, I realized my goof and removed the cooler and inspected the processor. Two corners were bent up, but as far as I could tell, no contacts were damaged. I flipped the processor around and installed it properly. And powering the rig on was closer to successful. (The internals stayed powered, but I had a cheapo monitor connected to the onboard video card which was displaying nothing.)

I haven't done a build in 8 years, so the new CPU socket threw me for a loop. (No ZIF socket? No pins? Just contacts?) I haven't hooked up and sealed in everything yet, and am a little worried with how the onboard video card performed (or rather, didn't). Should I keep going, or swallow my pride and buy a replacement CPU?

My build, for the curious: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MowDownJoe/saved/Fg4tt6

https://imgur.com/a/7sSMC
>>
>>56254236

She thinks of you as a computer nerd and she's showing you a tech problem.
>>
>>56255740
XP is the wrong answer. Lubuntu is good. Xubuntu works as well, and isn't quite as minimalistic if you can spare slightly more resources. But it all works and it's all inter configurable if you're smart about it.
>>
>>56255768
Lubuntu it is then. Thanks
>>
>>56255713
In regards to what? CPU or RAM? To clarify, im not pushing any purchase i dont even need, im just trying to educate myself. And that might lead to me upgrading something, but im not set on that
>>
>>56255614
Integer overflow resulting in immediate bricking of the motherboard unit upon restart of the computer.

Just kidding.
>>
Just installed Antergos but when I try to boot from grub I get an error saying "failed to train dp, aborting". Anyone?
>>
File: 1472099280234.jpg (51KB, 571x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472099280234.jpg
51KB, 571x720px
is there a way to reduce a vga's memory frequency in its bios so whenever i plug it into another computer it will stay like that?
>>
>>56255826
Double penetration is a hard thing to teach. Give grub time.
>>
File: 1446982374637.jpg (4MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1446982374637.jpg
4MB, 4928x3264px
>>56254457
>intel
>nvidia
>legacy nvidia
>asus
>firmware cancer samsung
>mini itx without small liquid cooling instead of big ass air
>>
>>56255755
Try removing the gpu and see if the onboard gives you a video feed.
>>
>>56255694
I wouldn't choose an i7 just for the increase in base clock, but 4+ cores is starting to matter to games, and while hyperthreading isn't quite as good as strait up having 8 cores, it still makes a difference.
>>
>>56255742
>make router B a client/Access Point
No such option in router menu.
>>
>>56255905
What model?
>>
>>56255937
TP-LINK TL-WR841N.
Do I need to use ddwrt?
>>
Reverse engineering question:

Normally I pull shit from RAM with dotPeek. However, this exe starts, does it's thing and closes in less than a second. When I try to open it normally dp just tells me it isn't supported.

Any decompilers /g/ can recommend? Also, what are my options regarding analyzing said exe to help me choose the right decompiler/tweak it the right way?
>>
>>56254112
how do i cop;y multiple layers on Gimp? I'm trying to copy paste a Gif, but it just copys the first frame only
>>
Do you use RamDisk?
>>
>>56255900
>but 4+ cores is starting to matter to games
Now does it? Can you give examples or explanation.
Out of interest, not disbelief
>>
>>56255694
>speed/latency
these don't really matter for gaming since games are generally cache coherent, so RAM accesses are relatively infrequent (with the exception of a few poorly programmed games like Fallout 4)

>memory size
This only matters if you go over. For example, if you're running a game that needs 4gb of memory then you won't see any improvement upgrading from 8gb to 16gb. However, if you're running a game that needs 10gb then you will see a huge increase in minimum (not average) framerates because the game will no longer need to juggle data between the hard drive and RAM as it's needed.

>monitoring RAM
Just monitor how much memory your system is using overall and make sure it doesn't go over the amount you have. If it doesn't, there's no need to upgrade.

>I could get another 2x4GB of my current RAM or a new pair of 2x4GB with maybe like 2400mhz for approx the same price, what is the better choice?
Of the two options, another 2x4gb is the better option (but only if you don't have enough space already)
You'll also get the advantages of quad channel vs dual channel memory, which will more than make up for the lower speed.

>i5 v i7
i7 also has a bigger cache which is probably more important for most games that aren't CPU intensive. I'm pairing a 1070 with an i5 6500 and I'm not getting any bottlenecking though. I think games are just incredibly GPU-dependent thesedays - the role of the CPU is basically just to issue a drawcall for each object in the scene.
>>
>>56256022
Thanks to DX11 and Vulkan multicore rendering can finally be implemented without headaches. We're going to see a lot of games that simply create as many software threads as the CPU has hardware threads whose only job is to feed the GPU.
>>
>>56255955
No. Just turn off dhcp on B, give them static IP addresses in the same subnet, set the ssid to the same name, and attach the ethernet lan to lan
>>
>>56256097
Tried that.
It worked but lost the internet connection.
>>
>>56256109
Did you lose the connection on both A & B?
>>
File: 1302028215706.png (787KB, 846x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1302028215706.png
787KB, 846x1600px
>>56256140
No, just B.
>>
>>56256154
What are the IP addresses of A and B?
>>
Why are there 3 frontends to Apt on Debian?
What's the difference between using Apt, Aptitude or Apt-get?
>>
>>56256160
It's the same but off by one.
>>
>>56256175
The degree to which your jimmies are rustled.
>>
>>56256183
Post them. And there's nothing connected to WAN on B, right?
>>
How to pair old car radio bluetooth with phone?
>>
>>56256193
NanoStation XXX.XXX.X.91
Router A XXX.XXX.X.20
Router B XXX.XXX.X.21
Router B have only Desktop connected to Ethernet and few device over WiFi.
>>
>>56255980
bump
>>
File: 20160825_111731.jpg (1020KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160825_111731.jpg
1020KB, 2048x1152px
I have the aerocool strike-x cube case and I just saw this. Made me wonder if it could be replaced. A search yielded little results. Is there a grill alternative to the window?
>>
Are there any ITX-friendly RX 480s? I don't mean size, I mean heat dissipation. Usually I'd pick a reference-style card but apparently the RX 480 reference can't even hold it's own boost clock. The sapphire nitro+ looks like it's enclosed except for the two ends of the card, would this mean I could put a fan at the front to just suck the air out of the end of the card and out of the front of the case?
>>
>>56256215
I find your concealed local IPs amusing. So Set A to 192.168.1.1 and make sure it's dhcp range doesn't go over 200. Set B to 192.168.1.201. Set B's default gateway to 192.168.1.1. Both should have the subnet 255.255.255.0, and a cable should be running from lan1 to lan1. It probably doesn't matter but I'd double check that the nanostation is bridged and not doing a little routing of its own.
>>
>>56256348
>I find your concealed local IPs amusing
I know but I don't want a neo/g/ starting "I GOT YOUR IP" or "LOOK HE GAVE HIS IP"
I managed to make it work.
the nanstation was was at fault.
Thanks.
>>
Is there a difference between using Shift+Alt or Windows+Space for changing keyboard language in Windows?
>>
File: RXTGd4F.jpg (774KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
RXTGd4F.jpg
774KB, 2448x1836px
Hallo /sqt/
UK Model M keyboards have a "ground wire" attached to the spacebar - the spacebar plastic is apparently conductive and the other end of the wire is connected to the innards of the keyboard.
As far as the internet tells me, this is supposed to eliminate static electricity by connecting your fingers with the metal innards of the keyboard frequently.
Is this true?
Would removing the wire lead to a dangerous buildup of static electricity?
Could not removing it be dangerous as well?
in pic related you can see the detached wire (I'm not talking about the stabiliser)
>>
I have two MAC addresses on my Wi-Fi router.
When I log into the router configuration page, there is an MAC address on the "Internet Connection Settings" page. Then there are this address AND another MAC address on the "Wireless Connection Information" page. When I run "arp -a" on computers connected to this Wi-Fi, the second MAC address is used as the router MAC address.

Should I be worried? Am I being ARP spoofed? Is my router infected?
>>
File: 3g eclipse vents.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
3g eclipse vents.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
I have 3G Mitsubishi Eclipse dash vents in my Miata
Does anyone know of a cell phone mount that would work with these air vents?
I have a Galaxy S6 with an otterbox case
>>
>>56256585
I'm not an expert, but I think I read somewhere that routers can have different MAC addresses for IPv4 and IPv6. Could this be the case?
>>
>>56256613
>>56256585
Also, this might help
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-router-have-three-mac-addresses.730715/
>>
>>56256585
A router by definition has multiple interfaces. Ergo every interface has its own MAC address

>>56256613
Wrong layer motherfucker
>>
>>56256653
Thanks for clearing that up for me so I don't spread misinformation >>56256613
>>
I like the aesthetic of the Sapphire Nitro+ but dunno if I can deal with the noise, in the UK would being too loud be a valid reason to return the card (within 30 days)?
>>
>>56256629
I think this might be the case.
>Here is some info from the status help section.I have the same router

>MAC Address
>Wireless info
>This is the Router's MAC Address, as seen on your local, wireless network.

>Router info
>This is the Router's MAC Address, as seen by your ISP.

>local net info
>MAC Address
>This is the Router's MAC Address, as seen on your local, Ethernet network.
>Hope this helps

Although I am still not sure.

Thanks for answering anyway.

>>56256653
I have time counter for each MAC addresses. I fount out the counter for the first MAC address is only active when I am logged into the router configuration interface. I think your explanation might be the case. Thanks.
>>
>>56255434
Thanks. I have another hard-drive I could use if it turns out that this doesn't work. I never even use Linux so it's kind of a waste to have it and grub.
>>
>>56255829
halp
the only one i found support up to hd6xxx i need for r9 270x
>>
>>56254112
Whats the name of the liquid which feels like an oil but more correctly is a "liquid plastic", instead of an actual oil. People use it as a non conductive coolant.
>>
>>56255620
That's just to make sure you're not running illegal open source software on your Windows (tm) machine, don't worry about it. Also if your pc reports network usage afterwards, don't worry about that either it's not sending any data to us or anything haha
Just trust us.

>>56255596
>How do I stop windows 10
By installing an operating system that respects your privacy, if not your freedums.
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 1024x128px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 1024x128px
how do i do something like this in python?

for x in os.listdir("C:\\Users\\Anon\\Desktop"):

#if x is a file, print x
#elif a folder, print that

something like pic related but for file
>>
>>56256735
If you don't care about linux then just repair the windows install and let it overwrite grub
>>
>>56254776
Probably an indian.

I laugh every time I see a user's first post on Stack Overflow and it ends with
>you will help me now
or some other awkwardly demanding statement.

I think imperative tone of voice is an alien concept to many people not familiar with English.
>>
>>56254112

is there website where there are build benchmark estimates? to compare my current build?
>>
>>56256883

I found it: userbenchmark.com
>>
WTF do people love python so damn much?
>>
>>56257150
It's less chewy than chicken.
>>
Complete network illiterate here. I'd like to set a repeater for my wifi that is too weak in my basement.
- I want to use the same ssid
- network nerd friend advised against wifi extenders cause they're crappy and work on the same wifi channel so latency is high
- I have ethernet plugs in my basement, can I hook up a router/access point and have it broadcast the wifi on the same ssid?
- don't want to spend a lot and keep the wattage low
Any option?
>>
I have a question: Today is a glass of water flown over my laptop keyboard, which is now destroyed. But a USB keyboard works. Does this mean the keyboard need only be exchanged?
>>
>>56257150
Did you just assume we would interpret "WTF" as "Why the fuck" in this sentence?

I had to stare at it for a bit to figure out exactly what you were asking.
>>
Is it normal that speakers have an annoying static? Before I only had headphones which didn't have this. It's not loud, but it's very noticeable to me when I have no music on
>>
>>56257199
>Is it normal that speakers have an annoying static?
Yes, it is normal.

All speakers have annoying static. Somehow, we have not advanced enough in a technological capacity to avoid this.

There is nothing horribly wrong with your audio setup.
>>
>>56257173
see
>>56255503
>>56255530
>>56255742
>>
>>56257210
Well that's somewhat of a relief to hear. I guess I'll just turn the volume off when I don't have any sound on.
>>
>>56257238
I really wish there was some way to convey static through 4chan.

Anon, it's not normal if you have non-shit equipment and proper gain balancing. You're getting noise from electronic components and it's polluting your audio stream.
>>
>>56257252
>static
sarcasm*
>>
>>56257199
>>56257210
>>56257238

In your OS speaker options, you've set your speakers to listen to an unplugged microphone/live-in port. Mute that and the static will go away.
>>
>>56254188
A cipher is an algorithmic or mathematical process that scrambles data. A simple and common cipher is an alphabet shift. For every letter in a word use the next letter in the alphabet and for Z substitute A, for example 'PQ jt b gbhhpu'.

A challenge is an authentication concept where a system is requesting some kind of validating information.

In challenge response using public key infrastructure a guardian of a resource may issue a challenge to something seeking access to it. If the guardian and seeker both know to use the same cipher and the entity seeking access knows the correct response to the challenge (like a passphrase) then the guardian may grant access to the seeker.
>>
>>56257294
I think she would notice if her ambient noises are being amplified.
>>
>>56257302
If it's unplugged then it's just picking up noise, not actual background noise.
>>
>>56257252
It did sound a little like the post was sarcastic...

Well I don't think they're top of the line or anything. 50 buck speakers from amazon (wavemaster mx3). I'm not sure what technical terms like gain balancing mean. I guess I could return them, but I'm assuming stuff in the same price range would have the same problems, right?

>>56257294
I'm an idiot, how do I get to this option? W8.1. Control Panel -> Sound -> ???
>>
>>56254550
Install ur chipset drivers.
>>
>>56257313
Right click the volume icon, then select output devices, then double click speakers and look through the tabs for a bunch of sliders with names of stuff that sound like ports.
>>
>>56257313
If for some reason that's your issue:
>right click speaker in bottom right
>recording devices
>right click on any mics -> Properties
>Listen tab
>If "Listen to this device" is checked, uncheck it
>>
File: file.png (173KB, 802x554px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
173KB, 802x554px
>>56257313
>>
>>56257330
>>56257332
>>56257353
Ah, thanks. Did that and it didn't seem to change anything, so I guess it's just the speakers. If there's no better alternative without these issues in a similar price range I guess I'll have to live with it.
>>
>>56257415
It's likely not an issue with your speakers. It's 99% the fact that your motherboards built-in sound card is not great, and is allowing signal noise to pollute the output. Alternatively, if you're running a receiver between that and the speakers, it could be anything in between.
>>
I have a question about gdl (gnu data language):
Is there any way to make plots of 3D functions that allows overplotting?
>>
>>56257415
A couple of ways to pinpoint the problem:

Change the volume on your computer while you're hearing static. Does the volume of the static decrease or increase as you do it?

Plug the speakers into your phone. Does it have static?

You might be having interference from something. Move the speaker cables away from any power strip or high powered device.
>>
Is there a way to get notified when a post on 4chan has a certain word/phrase in it?
>>
>>56257548
Yes.
>>
File: mx3.png (140KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
mx3.png
140KB, 500x351px
>>56257466
Hm, wouldn't my headphones have the same problem then? Or are speakers more susceptible in that regard? It is likely that the sound card I have isn't good anyhow. Don't have a receiver unless the subwoofer included counts as one

>>56257471
When I plug in my headphones into the controller thing of the speakers I do not get static. Static changes when I change the "Treble" lever on the back of the subwoofer and I can lower the noise this way but the music becomes subdued and weird. And well, I can't really move them away from the strip because they're connected to it.
>>
>Introduction to fundamental concepts of procedural programming; data types, control structures, functions, arrays, and files; the mechanics of running, testing, and debugging; problem solving techniques; multiple operating system environments; basic web page development; introduction to the historical and social context of computing and an overview of computer science as a discipline.

Literally I already know all of this, obviously.

Is this normal for first year? Did they put me in a dumb class for some reason?
>>
>>56257575
How?
>>
>>56257632
the json
>>
>>56257626
You're supposed to spend your free time developing your portfolio.
>>
File: anal beads.png (65KB, 718x719px) Image search: [Google]
anal beads.png
65KB, 718x719px
>>56257632
Depends on how you want to be notified.

You could do a browser extension that just basically looks for the word or phrase and then does a thing.

Alternatively, you could have your own service that uses the 4chan APIs and trolls any new posts from specified threads for those keywords.

There's many many different ways to attack this, depending on how you want the behavior to actually be.
>>
>>56257622
I meant change the volume slider in your computer options. When I said move cables, I meant just the cables that carry audio signal.

But the fact that you get no static when you plug it into another port confirms that it's definitely the PC putting out static. If changing the volume options in your computer's OS changes the volume of the static, then it can possibly be changed via the software somehow.

You should google up your motherboard model + audio static if you wanna correct this issue, and maybe even call tech support for your motherboard.
>>
>>56257665
>Depends on how you want to be notified
A simple notification or something would be great. I thought 4chan X had something like this, but I guess not.

Is that software in your picture real?
>>
File: anal beads.png (88KB, 729x726px) Image search: [Google]
anal beads.png
88KB, 729x726px
>>56257703
Yes, it's a little utility I wrote to play around with text generation and analytics on 4chan's posts.

I'm going to build it into an archive that goes full NSA on 4chan with sentiment analysis and topic detection.

There may be a browser addon/extension that does what you need for Firefox or Chrome.
>>
should I buy an R9 Nano, GTX1060, GTX970, or RX480?
>>
is there any decent alternative to Google Image search? I tried and didn't like bing search and startpage search
>>
How is touchscreen support on Remix OS?
>>
What are some good books on PHP?
Also a book on how to write legible/beautiful code, organize it and write documentation. If something like it exists.
>>
College student here. I was thinking of learning a trade and becoming an electrician since I'm no good at anything else. But I'm being pushed to get a degree. I'm thinking the only thing I might like doing is something like a web application developer. Something that involves computers that doesn't involve math so Computer engineering is out. I wanted to know if anyone here has experience in these majors and if it's a good idea to major in this. Sorry for my bad english.
>>
File: www.webm (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
www.webm
3MB, 360x360px
Can I configure the RSS downloader of utorrent to only download stuff from 1 hour or newer when I add the RSS instead of downloading the entire fucking RSS fucking up the ratio?
I mean for sites like gazelle where you have 6 hours or newer torrents on freelech but when you add the RSS the thing download the latest 50 torrents
How?
>>
File: file.png (72KB, 466x467px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
72KB, 466x467px
Pls help
http://pastebin.com/raw/1mJ7TBrT
>Arch Linux with OpenRC, linux-pf if it matters
>>
File: j6ry3N1.jpg (95KB, 1300x951px) Image search: [Google]
j6ry3N1.jpg
95KB, 1300x951px
Lads i've bought a gigabyte mobo and looks like channel B isn't working when I try to put the memories those slots. Do you think it could be that my cpu is not well placed? Or is it something else? Should I just end it?
>>
my users folder was deleted by accident, how do I restore a default one?
>>
Are there any text files managers that have encryption? Or should I go for Veracrypt/Bitlocker to protect mah files?
>>
what exactly is mantle/vulkan? is it a part of the drivers I already have or is it a separate thing I need to install? does it only work with specific game/engines or does it help overall?
>>
How can I install a Linus on my macbook pro and iPhone 4s. I need the super speed on my software and techware.
>>
>>56258075
are you using out of spec ram? in other words are you using ram that is not specifically listed in the user manual? My gigabyte board does the same thing but otherwise it works fine.
>>
>>56258136
You dont't
>>56258011
None of them
>>56257770
Buy a mac
>>
>>56258290
Yeah I am but that's not an issue because I have super speed Linus techware installed
>>
File: venue 11 7140.png (181KB, 1014x787px) Image search: [Google]
venue 11 7140.png
181KB, 1014x787px
How do I change what the power button does in android 6.0?

I installed android x86 to a convertible laptop/tablet (dual booting with windows) and the power button doesn't put the system to sleep, it just brings the power menu up.

How do I enable sleep?

thank you for your time.

>pic related, specs
>>
>>56258075
You install the ram in wrong order.
Check manual.
There is an order for each setup.
>>
>>56258321
You change the power button by opening up the tablet and rearranging the wires and then pray the spiders don't come.

You enable sleep only when you let the spiders rest, buy an ocarina and play the opening riff to legend of Mario.
>>
>>56258203
Latter.
>>
>>56257773
Why not use ask Jeeves like a true Linus man.
>>
>>56257773
yandex pics?

>>56258021
Well if you want to get a major just for the sake of getting one, sure, whatever. Web development is pretty simple, but it still involves 'coding'.

>>56257770
GTX1060 since it's newer and full 4gb?

>>56257150
> fucking simple and easy
> have fuckton of very well written libraries
> can do GUI, network, crypto, everything
> have multiple interpreters like PyPy that are mad fast
> debugging is simple

It's super comfy.
>>
I have this stupid fucking phone and its battery dies in 2 minutes how do I fix this BTW my phone is dying and I can see the spiders.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (133KB, 1010x1010px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
133KB, 1010x1010px
>>56256848
if x is file:
print("whatever")
else:
pass

Almost how you wrote your example, lol.
"pass" is nothing, replace it with what you need.

>>56256771
Silver paste?
Water cooling uses that IIRC.

>>56256599
On eBay, look for the ones that have this "Cross" shape on them.

It worked on every car I tried.
> Otterbox case
Are you a construction worker?
>>
>>56256213
what?

>>56258321
> power button does
Xposed

> android x86
Check RemixOS or what it's called.

> Sleep
Same, check different builds.
>>
>>56258394
Replace battery.
>>
Hello boys I just bought a new laptop, its an asus so ofcourse it comes with a lot of bloat, is there any quick way to get rid of the bloatware?
>>
>>56258492
full format and install preferred OS?
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (8KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
8KB, 213x237px
where can/should i torrent a copy of windows 7 or 10
in desperate need of help here
thanks
>>
File: 1452187547016.jpg (463KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1452187547016.jpg
463KB, 1000x1300px
Are there any disadvantages using a copy of Windows 10 cracked with MS Toolkit or KMSpico over a legit copy?
>>
>>56258507
Wouldn't I be removing my windows license if I did a full format? I hear I coul download an iso file that would do the job for me.
>>
>>56258518
Torrented copies are prone to backdoors. Get a legit Win10 iso using Microsoft's media creation tool, and a crack.
>>
File: 1441992362393.jpg (19KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1441992362393.jpg
19KB, 351x359px
>>56258290
>>56258352
I am using two Ballistix sport of 8gb each, they work fine when I put them on channel A (slot 2 and 4) but the pc won't boot if put them on the other slots.
I've read on other forums that it might be that the cpu is not well placed or that I should try raising the DRAM voltage. Not sure what to do 2bh.

Disregard >>56258304
>>
>>56258492
Windows since 8 has a "Clean current install".

>>56258559
Read the manual, you fuck.
I bought an X58 mobo, and if I put in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, they all had a specific order which slots can they go into.

I am not kidding.
If I put the ram in other slots, it didn't even boot/post, nothing.

So again, check manual about ram, install them in the order/slots they tell you.
>>
>>56258559
Newer computers are a lot more picky about what RAM slots you need to use.
>>
Am I allowed to use link aggregation across two switches?
>>
>>56258545
your laptop should have a sticker on it with the product key for your windows install, just use that when you install the OS.
>>
File: 1469444927177.png (2MB, 1711x1852px) Image search: [Google]
1469444927177.png
2MB, 1711x1852px
Probably not the place to ask but has anyone studied abroad for engineering?
I'm between either going to the best university in the country which is literally a 15 minute drive from home or studying abroad in the UK in a top university.

In both cases I have an most-expenses (health insurance, rent, tuition, monthly salary) sponsorship so money isn't an issue.
>>
File: 1440799097155.gif (1MB, 378x288px) Image search: [Google]
1440799097155.gif
1MB, 378x288px
>>56258591
>>56258559
Shit I've read the manual again and it says that
"For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets." But that does not mean it's neccesary.
It seems that the dual channel is enabled even though the memories are not in those sockets. Man I'm dumb.
Thank you very much m80s
>>
meant also to
>>56258577
>>
two questions here but any help would be appreciated
on ubuntu 16.04
First:
when running sudo swapon --show and free -h both show 5.7g of swap
however when I enter recovery menu > system summary it shows 0 swap
why?

second:
black screen when trying to boot
can not enter terminal when booting [ctrl key doesn't work]
when trying to enter root/terminal from recovery menu whole thing freezes and must be power buttoned down
when making changes via terminal from usb boot no changes save after reboot
why?
>>
>>56258759
It IS necessary.
When I bought my X58 mobo, I was like "shit I got this", threw it together, didn't boot, nothing.

Tried installing ram different slots, nothing.
Brought it in to the shop.

Guy says: "New ones are picky."
Puts ram into 1, 3, 4 or something like that, shit boots instantly.

FUARK.

So yeah. It's like those mini games in old games.

>>56258767
>>56258577
that all me, son.

>>56258928
Because your system mounts up the swap at boot. It's in your /etc/fstab.

Before the boot, you have no swap.
It's a throwaway partition.

> second
It's CTRL+ALT+F1-F7.
Also, which distro?
Sounds like your distro of choice and your mobo/GPU does not mix well.
>>
File: dW3iqPD.jpg (148KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dW3iqPD.jpg
148KB, 1280x960px
I bought a local laptop a few days ago -- the Mecer A21R with 4GB of DDR3 1600Mhz RAM. Unfortunately, pic-related is the inside of this laptop, and I can't find the RAM for the life of me. I have a feeling that it is under the keyboard, but don't know how to remove keyboards of this type. Help?
>>
File: photo_2016-08-25_17-08-13.jpg (138KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-08-25_17-08-13.jpg
138KB, 1280x960px
>>56259000

This is the keyboard.
>>
>>56258976
>It's CTRL+ALT+F1-F7.
what I meant is that my ctrl is broken

it was working fine one day and the next it just shits the bed
whenever I try editing my grub configuration all changes are erased after reboot
>>
File: 1425062045464.png (112KB, 341x337px) Image search: [Google]
1425062045464.png
112KB, 341x337px
How can I make some .psd files normal image files? A .png or something
>>
>>56259128
SAVE AS?

kek
>>
>>56259131
Can I do that with Paint.net? I didn't make these files, I just have them downloaded as .psd
>>
>>56259155
http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/
>>
File: 1470422199945.png (579KB, 844x834px) Image search: [Google]
1470422199945.png
579KB, 844x834px
>>56259229
Many thanks, I appreciate it
>>
What is the best offline back up solution or software for this configuration;

In my desktop I have three hard drives one 500gb ssd, one internal 1tb hdd and a external 1tb hdd. What I want is for certain folders I set to be backed up automatically to the 1tb internal drive and also when I plug in the external drive for them to be backed up as well. Possibly with them compressed, but not with them making new copies of the back ups, if data is the same they should over write with the new files.

In general what do you use for offline backups on windows 8.1?
>>
>>56258364
Can't find download
>>
File: 144968555656.jpg (17KB, 225x400px) Image search: [Google]
144968555656.jpg
17KB, 225x400px
How can I check how much dpi my mouse is performing at? I have a Logitech G602
>>
>>56256078
>>56256055
>>56255900
Thanks to you guys, asked these questions (and some more) differently phrased over the last couple days and never got good answers.
>>
Is there a difference if i buy a high end super gamer router and a simple cheap tp link router?
ofcourse using the gigabit lan
>>
My old samsung pgone recently got a securiry patch update. The thing is that it's rooted with CWM and supersu. Will it brick my ohone if I would apply the update?
>>
>>56259871
no
>>
>>56259857
If you're just using the LAN, there shouldn't be much difference. Maybe the "high-end" one has some extra QOS or routing, but it shouldn't make a big difference.
>>
>>56259871
yes
>>
File: 1407708421825.jpg (24KB, 330x260px) Image search: [Google]
1407708421825.jpg
24KB, 330x260px
I want to spider-crawl a sample website a few times with different apps.
Can someone suggest a simple website to spider-crawl. A nice modern website but no need for hundreds of links and sub-links. The whole site should be no more than 100MB maximum.
>>
File: 1440453957286.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
1440453957286.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>56260126
nice gabagool
>>
File: plug.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
plug.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
As long as I match the output DC voltage, and the amount of current is sufficient, can I use any other AC adapter I come across for devices like routers, external hdds, old consoles, etc?

My only concern is that too much current would damage the device. Is that possible, or will the device only draw as much as it requires? maybe this is a case-by-case thing? don't know much about electricity
>>
What hash function does 4chan use to generate Tripcodes?
>>
File: kuva4_01.jpg (476KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
kuva4_01.jpg
476KB, 1200x800px
/p/ here. I need more space for my photos and RAID 1 looks like an obvious solution to reduce the risk of losing my photos due to a hard drive failure but is that all? Do I just buy something like a My Book Duo or is there a safer/smarter solution?
>>
Is it possible to play music out of my speakers and listen to something else on my headphones through the same computer? If anyone knows how to do this, please tell.
>>
>>56255829
is there at least fucking one guy who actually knows shit about tech
>>
>>56260364
set the audio output of your application manually.
If it doesn't support it then you're fucked.

I play videos on my TV and have audio through HDMI while other sounds are still going to the speakers.
>>
>>56260364
headphone jack on your case (mobo pins) can be a different audio device than the rear output

if you have a DAC, then that's always a different device
>>
Any of you guys read eBooks?
Recommended ebook reader for Android?
Preferably FOSS, but if it's proprietary a place to find that .apk for free would be great.
>>
Anyone know if bhkik is safe to use
>>
>>56260364
Most modern music players let you set the audio device to output to. MusicBee is a good choice if yours does not.

Leave your headphones as the default device and everything else should output there.
>>
What are the pros and cons of the various IDEs out there (for Windows)? I see most of you swear to eclipse, is this because it has features NetBeans doesn't offer? Is it habit?

I like NetBeans and can't seem to get comfy in Eclipse although I have tried a couple of times. Any reason not to stay in NetBeans?
>>
Apparently my video driver disappeared
so how can I find out what driver i need to install on ubuntu [using only terminal]
also how do I install said driver
gpu is Radeon HD 6520G if anyone knows
>>
>>56254112
anyone here using the noweb.sty package for latex on linux and can show me how to get that shit up and running on ubuntu?

When I use noweave everything works but when I try to get the pdf file with pdflatex then it shits itself because noweb.sty can't be found.

Installing the package with sudo apt install noweb didn't help.
>>
>>56260712
see
>>56260735
>>
I moved to a new place earlier this week, and of course something went wrong as soon as I plugged in my PC; computer was prioritizing my Intel GPU instead of my GTX 970. The computer still recognized my 970, but it wouldn't make use of it. Out of frustration and stupidity, I decided to uninstall the driver for my Intel GPU, which of course led to a black screen, and has resulted in a black screen ever since.

According to google, the only way to fix this was to turn off and remove all of the power sources, then remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes for what I guess is considered a manual restart of the mobo. Anyways, I tried this a few times, but I keep getting a black screen when I boot up the computer. I moved my GTX 970 to a different slot (though I should mention, it still lights up and has fans running no matter what slot it's in), but still, I get a black screen. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I already consulted some dude on CL who said he could fix it easily, but I thought I would try out /g/ and see if I'm missing something.

Thank
>>
File: jdownloader.png (311KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
jdownloader.png
311KB, 512x512px
What's the right jdownloader 2 installer if I want no adware/malware crap? I heard it's embedded in the web installer so even opting out from crapware during the installation still leads to problems.
>>
>>56260914
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725
http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

>Unfortunately, JD2 Development is slower than we thought, and so we offer Adware-free installers here until we finally prepare for JD-Premium.

that thread is from before release, so things may have changed now, notice the main page also claiming it's adware free. I've installed from the second link above on multiple devices without ever seeing any adware.

the plugins and features in jd2 are so much better than the original jdownloader, I could never go back. I just need to find a way to pipe browser downloads into it, none of the old addons work and fuck making an account with them
>>
Whats the difference between an OEM Copy compared to a regular copy of an operating system?

I bought a Windows 8.1 OEM disk for about 70$ with license new, as it was on sale but ive never bought an OEM disk before.
From what ive read its just a non transferable license, is this true?
>>
File: 1427076280266.jpg (67KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1427076280266.jpg
67KB, 540x960px
>>56259550
pls help
>>
>>56260893
uhh, did you remember to plug the video cable into your graphics card and not your motherboard
>>
>>56261108
Just look in the Logitech software.

You should have the drivers installed.
>>
>>56260502
pls respond
>>
File: 1467718403495.jpg (128KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1467718403495.jpg
128KB, 1400x1400px
How long did it take you to master the trackball?
>>
>>56261167
Moon+
>>
>>56261118
I did remember this
>>
>>56261061
it could be limited to certain brands or models.And yes, it cannot be transfered.
>>
>>56258272
it's included in the latest drivers. It's an alternative to openGL and DX12. Vulkan games will have the option to enale it in the menu.
>>
>>56254848
literally any cheap ass pos will do what you want it to, i for one use this audiolink II thing
>>
>>56261154
[spoiler]where would i go about finding that[/spoiler]
>>
>>56261490
You can't spoiler outside of your containment board, faggot.

Just hit the windows key and type Logitech.

If you don't have it, then Google "logitech drivers" and download and install them.

Now get out.
>>
>>56261506
w-why are you being so mean anon
>>
I'm having problems navigating my mobo's BIOS, I boot the PC then press F2 and enter it and then a message asking "load UEFI defaults" appears and I can't get past it, I press no, yes, try to close the window but it won't do shit, what do?
It is an AsRock Z77.
>>
>>56261518
If I was being mean, I wouldn't have given you the advice you need to solve your stupid, trivial problem.
>>
File: 1419134430907.png (34KB, 340x300px) Image search: [Google]
1419134430907.png
34KB, 340x300px
>>56261557
Are we not in the stupid questions thread currently?
>>
I installed 32 bit windows and forgot that i need 64 bit for all my ram.
If i install 64 bit, will i have to reinstall all my programs or just some?
In many i can't remember picking 64 or 32 so maybe it's the same in those.
>>
>>56261557
If you keep bullying him, you're going to have to answer to me
>>
File: ANAL BEADS.png (17KB, 808x761px) Image search: [Google]
ANAL BEADS.png
17KB, 808x761px
>>56261650
>>56261684
HERE, I MADE YOU A DIAGRAM

FUCK
>>
>>56261700
I don't like the colors, try again.
>>
Anyone know a (GUI) program on linux to play shogi and xiangqi against an AI? I tried xboard but it's shit, and zillions of games in Wine but it's not really great either.
Couldn't manage to get gshogi (http://johncheetham.com/projects/gshogi/) to work unfortunately, it looks good from the screens, I'm gonna have to try that again.
Any ideas?
>>
File: ANAL BEADS.png (36KB, 723x721px) Image search: [Google]
ANAL BEADS.png
36KB, 723x721px
>>56261728
FUCK YOU
>>
Im the guy further up in the thread with the bloatware question. So I deleted all of the asus bloatware and the windows 10 bloatware aswell. Amongst them was the configuring program for the trackpad, the trackpad still works, but all the custom movements, like the scroll and zoom one went with the program, so I was wondering if there was any way to configur these movements without any external program.
>>
What CPU would you get for a 1060/480 in order to avoid a bottleneck?
>>
>>56261755
I dont think you understood what he was saying
>>
>>56261755
aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>56261764
Holy shit, you're dumb.

You deleted the hardware manufacturer's trackpad software.

Go re-download it from their support page.
>>
>>56261798
No.
>>
>>56260281
The one built-in in C
>>
>>56261798
So the anwser is no then?
>>
>>56261818
Yes, the answer is a resounding "No."

The hardware manufacturer creates a trackpad that is not standardized amongst all laptops.

Because of this, they create a driver specific to their hardware that allows it to have extra functionality within the hardware's operating system.

You're asking if an F150's driveshaft can be used in place of an Audi's because your lost the Ford driveshaft.
>>
>>56261853
But I drive a Toyota, silly goose
>>
Should i update my p8 lite to android 6.0?
>>
>>56261877
YES
>>
>>56261853
Well thanks for the help senpai
>>
>>56261677
You won't need to reinstall anything if you don't want to. Of course if you want a program to be able to use more than three gigs of RAM, you'll need to install the 64 bit version of that program (if one is available).
>>
Will using Windows 10 only as a limited user be as secure as using Ubuntu? (or as secure as possible)

If not, what vulnerabilities does it have that Ubuntu does not have?
>>
Would it be a stupid to start off at a community college for my associates of science then transfer to a university to get my bachelors? I'm planning on going to med school and was wondering if they would look down on this.
>>
>>56261984
Windows 10 is objectively much more secure than previous versions.

I'm not certain as to how it compares to Ubuntu.
>>
>>56262009
I doubt it, these days lots of people start their studies at a cheap community college and then transfer over to somewhere more prestigious before they graduate, it can potentially mean getting the same degree for a fraction of the price
>>
>>56262009
If you're going into Med school all they care about is your GPA and how well you did in subjects like organic chemistry, even Ivy League universities don't usually care much about where you did your undergrad studies
>>
how do I know if my computer has malware?

malwarebytes says it detects nothing but I am suspicious
>>
>>56262980
Stack two or three antivirus/antimalware programs side by side. If nothing comes up, you're probably golden.

Of course there could still be rootkits and other similar clever shit.
>>
>>56261540
Have you tried updating your bios?

>>56261677
You will need to reinstall all your programs. The upgrade will require a clean install, so back up any files that you care about.

>>56262980
What makes you suspicious?
>>
>>56262980
If you're not running linux, yes you probably have a malware. You can just rely on your AV

>>56261984
This >>56262031 is the bullshit microsoft wants you to believe, but he is actually right since microsoft decide to not patch every security flaws there is on their OS for older versions.
But more seriously windows 10 will still be less secure than a linux based system. There can be 0 day that grants you privileges like the "one bit to rule them all" 0 day found few months ago and running as a limited user won't protect your from that.
When a bug is found in windows it tends to be worse than the ones you can find in linux.

>>56261677
you can run 32bits programs on a 64bit system but you can't run a 64bit program on a 32bit system.
You have downloaded the 32bit versions and they should still work without reinstalling.

>>56260762
sudo apt-get remove fglrx*
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-ati
look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver
maybe you can find better informations
>>
>>56263217
>still work without reinstalling

How exactly do you think someone goes from having windows 32 to windows 64?
>>
>>56263122
>What makes you suspicious?

it's just a PC that I've had for like 4 years now, I'd assume I'd at least get something malicious by now

>>56263217
>yes you probably have malware
>but whatever bro

ok
>>
>>56263302
Install common sense 20XX.

If you're paranoid, it's probably because you know you're doing something stupid.
>>
>>56263315
>Install common sense 20XX

can I get a link
>>
File: 123.png (17KB, 484x376px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
17KB, 484x376px
a friend of mine gave me his GeForce GTX 670 when he got his 1080. I already have a 670 so i can do some SLI business. Will my build bottleneck a 670 SLI?
pic related, my build
750W PSU
non-k obviously, so wont be overclocking
>>
New Thread

>>56263336
>>56263336
>>56263336
>>56263336
>>
File: fry.png (188KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
fry.png
188KB, 603x452px
>>56263327
>>
>>56263337
You can do it, but sli is poorly supported in modern games, and since at least one of your cards only has 2gb of ram that means that even on games that can use both GPUs you will be limited to a total of 2gb, with a possible exception on some Dx12 games.
>>
>>56263564
thank you friend
>>
>>56260502
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/E-book_reader
>>
>>56255299
help me out here.
where can i go to download my win 7 x64 bit iso and how do i fresh install?

Im noob as fuck. I have a 16gb usb ready to go.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.