[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I need help with ASUS routers. I have used TP-Link since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 161732_61424264_thumbnail.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
161732_61424264_thumbnail.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
/g/ I need help with ASUS routers.
I have used TP-Link since forever, and the older models (1043ND) are might devices, the newer ones are pretty awful.

So I'm thinking about ASUS.
The problem:
- I have to set up a guest wifi for customers, they would get a simple password for a WPA2 network, and they would get unrestricted net speed.
- I want to have a passwordless network, same guest idea, with limited speeds.
- I want to have a normal WPA2 network for the inner network.

Now I know (from watching Youtube vids) that most ASUS routers can do this, can have up to 6 guest networks or so.

But how do I have one limited open one, and one not or barely limited one? Like, in TP-Link, you just have ONE guest network, and you can set network speeds there. That's it.

But how do I do this on an ASUS?
Pic related, its my current candidate.
>>
bumperino.
no one has an ASUS router?
>>
Just install tomato or openwrt
>>
>customers
go and buy an ubiquiti, dont use a home router for that
>>
>>56245100
its a small shop, not an enterprise with 100 clients.
>>
so? no asus router owners?
>>
You set up guest networks in the web UI. Make sure the router you get is compatible with asuswrt-merlin. That's what I use with my N66U. Oh, and get a netbook cooler to put under it. They run hot.
>>
>>56246237
Thanks, at least someone.
As I stated, I saw that this is in the web UI.

But I meant QoS/network limiting.

So the questions:
- Can I limit network speed per wifi network? Especially for guest networks?
- Can I limit each guest network for different speed?
- Are the guest networks separated? I saw there are 8 that you can make. If I have a "private guest network" and a "public guest network", do they see each other?

Thanks, and sorry for the questions. Wish you could reach big companies, but that's pretty much impossible.

I saw the N56U or what btw, it looks nice, but it's much older than pic related. TP-Link also runs very hot, I just place them upside down so the heat comes out at least. In the summer the 1043ND tends to overheat with faster WAN speeds, lol.
>>
File: 5seconds.jpg (162KB, 1299x1261px) Image search: [Google]
5seconds.jpg
162KB, 1299x1261px
>>56244825
Took me 5 seconds to do, ASUS RT-AC68U on stock firmware
>>
File: guestnetworkoptions.png (42KB, 944x1162px) Image search: [Google]
guestnetworkoptions.png
42KB, 944x1162px
>>56247598
>- Can I limit network speed per wifi network? Especially for guest networks?
I do not see options for this. You have very limited options for the guest networks and have no way of configuring the guest networks as much as you do the normal wifi networks.

>- Can I limit each guest network for different speed?
I do not see options for this

>- Are the guest networks separated? I saw there are 8 that you can make. If I have a "private guest network" and a "public guest network", do they see each other?
I have no idea and I'm not testing it. It can be segregated from the internal network but I don't know if its segregated from the other guest networks.
>>
File: qosoptions.png (172KB, 1909x1212px) Image search: [Google]
qosoptions.png
172KB, 1909x1212px
>>56247598
Here are your QOS options, traditional QOS has the same fields as adaptive QOS but doesn't have the option to optimize for games\media\web
>>
>>56245326
no, but for the same amount of money you spend on a good asus router, you could buy an entire ubiquiti system. I install asus rt-ac68u and ubiquiti ap's all the time, and for your use, i would grab the ubiquiti- its slightly more specialized in terms of firmware and way easier to do shit like this
>>
>>56248531
Guest networks get their own vLAN afaik. This is a home network router and cannot drive a large public wifi network.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.