[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right? https://twitter.com/patio11/status/ 7672050292

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: echos.png (25KB, 600x210px) Image search: [Google]
echos.png
25KB, 600x210px
Is he right?

https://twitter.com/patio11/status/767205029262438401

I think CS degrees are useless:

- Most web and business applications can be written without a CS degree.

- AI/Machine Learning is mostly stats and applied math.

- Embedded programming is dominated by Hardware Engineers.

- Pajeet is still too shitty to take your to job but Demitri in Romania will take your job and next job.
>>
I think CS degree gives methods to work, which reassure companies.
Can it be done without a degree? Sure.
>>
>your to job

yes men))))

But anyway, it really depends on where you live. Liberal areas in the US are filled with pajeets and hipsters which HR prefers due to the perceived progressiveness and social status which seems to be more important than anything else at the moment.

If you are effective and have a over-average portfolio you shouldn't have a problem in the job market though, but that obviously excludes any CS major with only 1-2 internships right of the bat.
>>
Nope.
Your education is not training your skills.
It's training your way of thinking. You are taught how to learn and acquire knowledge and skills.
At least that's the intention.
That's my POV.
It's true that work experience is more efficient and dense and you learn faster because you actually have to.
But I would choose someone with a moderate education anytime over someone that just knows how to do one thing well.
>>
CS degree is like jack of all trade master of none, its not useless but someone that learn a specific skills will do better.
>>
>>56243284
NU MALE
U
M
A
L
E
>"kinda"
stfu faggot
>>
>>56243284
Yes.

College is a meme, especially for something like CS where the material is readily available FOR FREE on the internet.

Learned more on personal projects I did for fun than I ever did in class. If you're not a complete moron and can actually research/teach yourself then school will be a complete and utter waste of time.

I took a database class once, the phrase "sql injection" wasn't mentioned once. ???

t. 4 year CS idiot
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.