[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does every peripheral have to be "for gaming" can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Why does every peripheral have to be "for gaming" can someone recommend me just a regular mouse and keyboard that aren't gamer shit with some retarded price tag?
>>
Supply/demand
>>
>>56241454
IBM Model M
Microsoft Intellimouse
>>
>>56241454
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple keyboard
>>
>>56241454
Amazon basics
>>
Are you seriously too retarded to pick out some basic shit mouse and kb by yourself?
>>
>>56241454
>Why does every peripheral have to be "for gaming"
Because this is what brings in a lot of money.
>Can someone recommend me just a regular mouse and keyboard
Literally anything generic
>>
You can find a mouse in the dumpster if you just want to click on stuff. Just clean it before use.
>>
>>56241967
Both shit and only for the looks
>>
Honestly, when it comes to a mouse, the gamer shit is actually good. Gamer mice have features like increased comfort (they play for hours and hours), precise sensors (because fast twitch reactions are apparently a thing) and extra buttons that can be programmed for a multitude of non-gaming tasks.

I also use a gaming keyboard (Logitech G510) because it's got a small LCD screen at the top that with the libg15 library I'm able to pipe any data I want to that display. It's like having a 4 line terminal.
>>
>>56242749
>t. shillerino
>>
>>56241454
You can slap a gaming logo on a product and jack up the price like crazy.

Here is a good example

10oz can of duster:
http://www.staples.com/Dust-Off-XL-Disposable-Duster/product_416701

The same can of 10oz can of duster from the exact same company with a "gaming" logo on the can instead of the normal one:
http://www.staples.com/Falcon-Dust-Off-Gaming-Gear-Duster-10-oz/product_325070

That is a 21.3% markup. This isn't an isolated case either, find any store that sells both of these products and the gaming can of air will have significant markup.
>>
>>56242726
but it's not gaymer!
>>
>>56241454
marketing, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>56242891

>maximize performance

with compressed air?!
>>
>>56241454

God bless gamers. They are walking example of Darwin's law.
>>
File: 1424716572332.jpg (207KB, 1440x1080px)
1424716572332.jpg
207KB, 1440x1080px
>>56241454
>tfw no more logitech g400
>>
>>56242936
The guy with the logitech mouse has a point. Keyboard one from cherry and it's all good
>>
>>56242972
works only if ur a gamer - tho.
>>
>>56241948
This is the only true answer.
>>
>>56242749
>because it's got a small LCD screen at the top that with the libg15 library I'm able to pipe any data I want to that display. It's like having a 4 line terminal.
I'm hard pressed to think of something I need less in my keyboard.
>>
>>56242749
>>56243409
g510s owner, good god there is nothing more useless. the only thing i program it to do is change color, i dont use anything else on it. fucking 85 dollars down the drain because i thought it was the coolest most useful shit. kill me senpai
>>
>>56241454
RAM is worst for this tbqh
I don't want neon red spoiler fins and the words "VENGENCE STRIKE ANGER X420 PAYBACK" imprinted on it.
>>
>>56241454
Gaming is the cancer of hardware aesthetics. Every thing with the "gaming" prefix literally looks like it fell out of a Mountain Dew commercial.
>>
>>56244981
Meh, the vengeance strike anger x420 line has been great for me
>>
>>56245737

Fuck me, this was for >>56245649
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.