[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright gee i have a question for you guys at the beginning of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot 2016-08-24 11.53.53.png (76KB, 507x199px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-08-24 11.53.53.png
76KB, 507x199px
alright gee
i have a question for you guys
at the beginning of 12th grade in 2012 my school handed 13" macbook airs to everyone
at the end of the year you had to either give it back or you were able to purchase it at a big discount (i got mine for around 500€ which is a pretty good price for both the hardware and software IMO)
the thing is, that it came with OS X 10.8 mountain lion, and an Intel HD 4000 with 512mb
later i updated to OS X mavericks 10.9, and i was most surprised when i opened the about this mac window and the integrated graphics had then 1024mb
when i later on upgraded to el capitan, the memory increased again to 1536, like pic related
how is this possible?
did the integrated graphics always have that much memory and it was just unlocked later with the OS upgrades?
does it use more system memory?
>>
The real question is why you paid $650 for that shit.
>>
>>56239780
i didn't have any other laptop except for a shitty intel atom netbook, and i needed a laptop for uni
i dunno, it was literally half price and i have never had an issue with it
>>
If the graphics card does not have any onboard memory.

Then it will use the system RAM instead. This can properly be increased and decreased by software.
>>
>>56239759
probably because new version requires more video ram so it borrowed some from ram
>>
>>56240805
>>56240772
that's what i thought, but it displays it like pic related
it displays it like the installed ram is 4, and the vram (can it be called that if it's integrated graphics?) as 1.5
the ram has always been 4gb, and i haven't seen any increase in ram usage, neither under normal load, using 3d software, or even vidyas
>>
>>56240826
Thats how it is though no matter how OS displays it. It doesnt always take up that 1500mb, it allocates depending on the use
>>
>>56239759
This goes back to the Olden Days when the screen buffer was in main RAM and you could change the bytes between the scan lines.
On the Apple IIgs there was an interrupt when the scan line ended and you could roll the color pallets to make the screen writhe.
>>
>>56239759
You're an idiot
>>
>>56239759
here:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/specs/macbook-air-core-i5-1.7-13-mid-2012-specs.html
>>
>>56239759
>>56242507

>This model has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares memory with the system.
>>
File: 1461313167450-0.png (622KB, 819x614px) Image search: [Google]
1461313167450-0.png
622KB, 819x614px
>>56239759
sell it for 300-400 gbp on ebay and get memepad bongnigger
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.