[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How mobilephones have so shitty support? OEM's drop support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: htcone.jpg (81KB, 1280x650px) Image search: [Google]
htcone.jpg
81KB, 1280x650px
How mobilephones have so shitty support? OEM's drop support like in 1 year or in some cases even less. For example I still receive all updates to my 10 year old chinkpad.

I have picture related and android 6.0 was the last update it will get.
>>
>>56233738

HTC......plz die
>>
>>56233738
They want you to buy a new phone. Root that shit and use custom ROMs once you no longer get official support.
>>
>>56233797
>They want you to buy a new phone
fucking jews
>>56233779
Happens with all manufacturers. Flagships get 2 years of support at most.
>>
>>56233738

still a good phone anon, just gotta root and flash.

oh, except my top camera lens got fully pushed into the body of my phone. Oh, and the 'H,' 'T,' and 'C' black bits came off the back and fell into my pocket one day.

Oh, and the top bezel is bowing out like mad.

But still, it's an ok phone.

6.0 runs like shit on it though.
>>
>>56235516
>flash
Flash what? still no stable cm13 build and I'm scared of "bugs: you tell me" roms from xda, any suggestions?
>>
>>56235554
Leedroid
>>
>>56235554

welp, I'm still running OTA 6.0

>mfw there was almost o noticeable change except an added swipe to get past lock screen and added lag.
>>
>>56235554
Whatever Sense version ran the best.
>>
>>56235516
Yeah I think 5.1->6.0 was really shitty update, what happened?
>>
I have this same phone just updated to 6.0, unable to unlock bootloader because its a verizon model, planing on getting a nexus 6 as soon as i see one new for less than 200usd
>>
>>56235614

sense hardly changed and yet ran slower and (like I said) I had to swipe an extra time to get to my pattern unlock.
>>
>>56235648

it was good while it lasted though. MicroSD and fucking sick front speakers.

Screen was good too. Quick Charge.

Good times. My chinkphone is in the mail.
>>
>>56235648
Can I reverse back to 5.1 when all ran smoothly?
>>
>>56235670

if you root and flash you can do whatever the heck you hecking want, anon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.