[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I switch to Void? I like the logo. I've been running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Logo.png (9KB, 144x119px) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
9KB, 144x119px
Should I switch to Void? I like the logo.

I've been running Arch since 2007 and these days everything works so effortlessly, I feel like a cheat.

Discuss.
>>
>switching for a logo
May as well be a macfag.
>>
>>56233256
>I like the logo
oldfag confirmed
>>
>>56233256
>switching for a logo
You're a /g/tard
>>
I was thinking about void but the owner is an anti-systemd freetard who is probably anti-GMO too
>>
>>56233256
not sure how it is doing right now, but i had one install on a vm that broke with an update.

the only thing that i can think of that could attract users is that it doesn't use systemd.

i prefer arch, famalam. it just werks.
>>
>>56233256
>Should I switch to Void? I like the logo.
Is that it?
>>
>>56233256
Yes, void is really comfy.

It gives you runit over systemd, (runit gives you super fast bootup), LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL (LibreSSL is a forked OpenSSL, by the OpenBSD project that is secure) and an excellent package manager. The only downside is that
the official repo's are kind of small (8k packages), but making a package takes 5 minutes max, and if you make a package you can submit a pull request and get it in the official repo's :)
>>
>>56235802
>:)
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>56235802
>lol mom look at me I'm soooo hip i drink organic water instead of the normal one xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
FUCK OFF
>>
>>56235839
mental deficiencies
>>
>>56233787
hot tip. thanks
>>
File: 13769349.jpg (45KB, 603x797px) Image search: [Google]
13769349.jpg
45KB, 603x797px
>>56233256
Why is /g/ filled with the new kind of hipsters? Anonymous 08/24/16(Wed)21:23:54 No.56240434▶
>Wake up in the morning
>Go back to the terminal you left open last night for increased uptime and powerlevel

>It's Void Linux with no Xorg

>Runit instead of Systemd
>LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL
>Clang instead of GCC
>Musl instead of glibc or
>Uclibc instead of libc
>Busybox instead of coreutils
>ZSH instead of bash
>rEFIt instead of grub
>Patrician ed instead of nano
>Screeny instead of screenfetch
>Wicd instead of Network Manager
>Organic water instead of tap water

>Compile herbslutwm and install vivaldi
>Go to 4chan, browse /soc/

>Manages to chat with a "fem"anon
>"What do you do in leisure?"
>My choices of entertainment are somewhat recherché
>"Tell me more"
>Euphoric.gif
>Eat no proteins, only dead, organic vegetables
>I prefer Ballad to what you call "mainstream songs"
>I don't like smokers, I prefer vaping, guilty charged
>I own a Penny-farthing vélocipède for transportation
>femanon freaks out and stops responding

>>>/g/
>Fuck systemd botnet
>Fuck bash, noob
>Fuck GNU
>lol are you still using gcc in $currentyear?
>I personally use BSD for my primary operating system
>Muh Unix
>Muh philosophy

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>56235802
There's literally nothing wrong with systemd.
Also
>BSD
May as well just give hackers your credit cards now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.