[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANOTHER DENUVO GAME CRACKED. IS THIS THE BEGINNING OF THE E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: rip-denuvo.png (770KB, 1274x1364px) Image search: [Google]
rip-denuvo.png
770KB, 1274x1364px
ANOTHER DENUVO GAME CRACKED.

IS THIS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR DENUVO?

DOES THIS SHOW THAT ENCRYPTION, EVEN FOR PROFIT, WILL NEVER REALLY HELP THE AVERAGE MAN MUCH LESS A GAME WORTH MILLIONS?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4z5a9i/insideconspir4cy/
>>
>>56224925
>>>/v/
Manchild
>>
>>56224936
no
>>
>>56224936
this
>>
What is so special about Denuvo?
>>
>>56225056
Powerful anti-cracking system that has kept games from being cracked and uploaded to torrent sites that only just started to get circumvented this month, leading to major games being posted online.
>>
>>56225056
Anti cracking software extremely difficult to circumvent which makes pirates have to wait a few months before they can play the game
>>
Just another example that prove no matter what people will find ways to break anti piracy protection.

Every single time a new form of anti piracy protection comes out that's supposed to be impossible to break it ends up cracked. All they can do is hope it takes long enough to crack that most people have already bought it so that it doesn't hurt sales.
>>
>>56225205
>pirates
You mean copyright infringers.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy

Copyright infringement is not piracy.
Copyright infringement is not theft.
>>
>>56225267
Fuck GNU and everything they ever did
>>
>>56225236
Or they create a gaming platform that doesn't suck and stop jewing the players.
>>
>>56225283
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=473&invol=207
http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/
>>
>>56225297
i prefer to be a called a pirate
>>
>>56225236
Denuvo is extremely tough to remove, however. Just after bypassing the previous batch of games, they immediately fixed the exploit. And then they updated Doom to fix the other exploit which was found with ROTTR. I can't wait till some group finds a way to fully remove it once and for all
>>
>>56225329
Then you're an impostor until you board a ship and murder people on the high seas.
>>
[GO]
>>
>>56224936
Cracking and reverse enginering IS technology, stupid fuck.
>>
>>56225334
well, i've sailed the high seas, didnt have anyone i wanted to murder or rob though
>>
>Download crack
>Get built in Russian bitcoin miner botnet bonus
I'll pass.
>>
>>56224925
Wait, so this is why current MGS V crack works like shit?
>>
>>56225353
Nobody in this thread is cracking or reverse engineering anything.
>>
First of all:
Fuck the semantic wankery about what piracy is or isn't. It's bullshit.

Second:
If they actually pulling out the triggers one by one, this is a sisyphean task holy shit.
Unless they automated it in some way, at least partly, that would be even more impressive.

In any way, good job CPY, impressive reverse engineering.
>>
>>56224925
>encryption
Denuvo was successful at tempering prevention. ie you couldn't fuck with the executable.

Generally speaking, any "encrypted" media that's designed to be decrypted client side at the behest of the user is bound to fail in reasonable time. It doesn't speak for the validity of encryption at all.
>>
>>56225267
> pirates is what this activist site means
>>
>>56225366
Jesus, are you annoying.
>>
>>56225363
>Scene release
>russian bitcoin miner
Fucking retard
>>
>>56225389
Most intelligent post ITT.
>>
Denuvo is foremost designed to eat up time should you try to defuse it.

Nothing particularly clever or new.
Tons of hocks and a buttload of chaff to make working with it as painful as possible for the cracker.

It also comes at a performance cost.
>>
>>56225409
Not him but disguised /v/ threads are annoying, they have half a dozen worth of boards but they keep on appearing here.
This board has turned to a piece of shit thanks to guys like you.
>>
>>56225490
Well, take a fucking look around this shitheap.
What the fuck do you even do here?
Another desktop thread?
Maybe doing more homework for people who are too dumb for compsci?
There is pretty much no discussion of technology going on besides intel vs AMD.

There *could* have been a discussion about DRM and copy protection going on by now. Old vs new etc. Instead of crying around, try to make this thread better. But negative cunts who have nothing interesting to say are shitting in threads they don't like instead of just ignoring them.
You're doing nothing at fucking all to make /g/ better. YOU are the problem you whiny fuck.
>>
>>56225490
And not him but this board has been a piece of shit for a while, thanks to desktop, anime and shill threads.
At least this thread is related to technology.
>>
>>56225575
I used to come here for interesting threads or discussions, somewhat small obscure facts that you wouldn't normally get elsewhere without actively searching for them, kill time with something I like or just have some laughs.

Now apparently I come here go gather filters and get constantly disappointed with very few unfiltered threads that turn out to be shit.
Came to this thread expecting some interesting comments but it's always the same thing. I'm doing as much as you to keep this board decent, which is nothing. If you think your actions are making this a better place, you're way too full of yourself.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>56225372
>First of all:
>Fuck the semantic wankery about what piracy is or isn't. It's bullshit.

No it is not,but what is bullshit is your post which I won't even bother reading past the quoted point
>>
>>56225856
no
>>
File: j.gif (844KB, 800x786px) Image search: [Google]
j.gif
844KB, 800x786px
>video games
>>
>>56224925
Encryption does work, the problem is that what they are attempting is not really encryption. I mean, the whole point of encrypt something is to ensure no one without the keys could have access to it. However, if they truly did so, game would have been unplayable without the keys. What they are attempting effectively amounts to trying to block access to something the user has to access, else he will not be an user, which is a contradiction.
>>
>>56224925
Took a long time and there are still plenty of games that haven't been cracked.

Denuvo is doing just fine.
>>
>>56225056
Nothing except it's fully x64 and there's no well working x64 debugger, hence why it's so "powerful". For a time.
>>
>>56224925
Kek, I already played it on Youtube :^)
>>
well is denuvo really that special? or is it lack of talented people?

anyway starforce or SecuROM (i'm not sure) took almost one year to crack
>>
>>56227138
This is a myth by the way.
>>
>>56227159
this

they don't ever will have my money, because i don't have any.
>>
>>56225366
nobody on this board is doing anything
>>
>>56224925
>tfw I was looking up this exact game 2 days ago but there were no torrents available
luck is in my favor it seems
>>
Crackers just doing their last breaths.
>>
eLicenser is pretty powerful, FWIF
>>
>>56224925
>DOES THIS SHOW THAT ENCRYPTION, EVEN FOR PROFIT, WILL NEVER REALLY HELP THE AVERAGE MAN MUCH LESS A GAME WORTH MILLIONS?
The point of encrypting games is not to keep them uncrackable forever (well that would be nice of course) but to just give the devs a window of a few days/weeks in which people *have* to buy the game if they want it.
>>
>>56227898
>stealing
Copyright infringement != theft
>>
File: which one.png (14KB, 426x190px) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
14KB, 426x190px
I can't remember when was the last time I enjoyed a game, best not disappoint me again.
>>
>>56225795
Thanks
>>
>>56227926
digital property is still property anon.
>>
>>56225292
>jewing the players.
60$ is not jewing
>>
>>56227898
Get the fuck out your jew
>>
File: old_men_for_money.gif (965KB, 300x297px)
old_men_for_money.gif
965KB, 300x297px
>>56228266
>60 bucks for a game that is barely 10 hrs long
>not jewing
>>
>>56225267
Words are social constructs shitlord
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.