[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>works only on your phone >needs a working phone number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
>works only on your phone
>needs a working phone number
>you have to have the other person's phone number in order to chat with them
>requires Google Play Services to run
>has shitty voice quality because no Opus support

Why does /g/ keep recommending this shit when it has so many drawbacks?

Why are we letting Signal force people to give up their privacy and anonymity in order to get "secure texts and calls"?
>>
>>56223053
Who the hell recommended you that shit? You obviously got meme'd. Did you install gentoo too :^)?
>>
>>56223071
KEK

Op kys

Private and anon is not the same. Security is almost synonymous with privacy. Signal is for noobs to secure themselves. If you're leet enough, you can recompile it yourself, otherwise stfu and wake up dead
>>
>>56223053

Doesn't just work on phone, has PC plugin.

Doesn't need a working number, you cam activate on a burner.

If play services is an issue, you can recompile. If you can't recompile then kill yourself for complaining about something you don't understand.

Has shitty voice quality because your chinkshit bastard phone mic and voice is shit
>>
>>56223150
>Doesn't just work on phone, has PC plugin.

It's the same shit because you need your phone to run while using the Desktop version.
>>
>>56223162

Now you're just spreading lies. This is simply not true, nigger you can activate "trusted" devices and it auto syncs

You lost this argument, signal is superior to your faggotry messenger and WhatsApp
>>
>>56223053
>Why does /g/ keep recommending this shit

nobody's recommending this shit, fuckoff

if you can't into eff scorecard and make your own fucking mind up you shouldn't be on /g/g
>>
gg ez
>>
>>56223186
Yes, it has to sync and its not a real solution. You need a standalone PC client.
>>
>not installing LibreSignal from the experimental F-Droid repository
>end-to-end encryption
>no google play services bullshit
>can't take screenshots of the screen in the application
>replaces your system's messaging application
>>
>>56223326
Still phone based. Fuck off.
>>
>>56223053
>google play services
Please go back to >>/v/eddit
>>
>not setting up xmpp + otr/pgp
:^^^^^^)
>>
>>56223053
>requires Google Play Services to run
not true, works fine with microg
>>
>>56225681
>using the smiley with carat nose
>>
>>56225700
Still logging into the botnet
>>
>>56223071
>>56225681
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>56225710
>can't copy my line properly
>>
>>56225681
pretty much this anyways

>>56226239
what botnet are you talking about?
>>
I'm using Signal now but I'll probably be switching to Allo when it releases.

Signal has been a bit buggy and it doesn't have a lot of other misc features.

Group messaging in Signal is the worst
>>
>>56223326
LibreSignal has been abandoned anon:
https://github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165
>>
>>56223053
What is "this shit" ?
Icon is a overweight comma and a skeleton key hole.
>>
File: image_22.jpg (32KB, 258x273px) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
32KB, 258x273px
Any y'all got kik tho?
>>
>>56223053
Why did you even make this thread?
Nobody cares about Signal anymore.
>>
>>56223053
You should use silence instead, doesn't use any bs mystery servers for online chat, just uses sms.
https://silence.im/
>>
I use a fork of LibreSignal that I keep updated. For phone messaging nothing beats the privacy it offers
>>
GroupMe Master Race reporting in
>>
>>56224774
Are you too retarded to realize that signal isn't meant to replace tox or chatsecure? You have plenty of options for a standalone messenger. Signal is meant to replace your SMS messenger.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.