[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to not be tracked on the internet? Is Ghostery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

What is the best way to not be tracked on the internet? Is Ghostery just snake oil? What alternatives are there?
>>
Everything is snake oil
>>
>>56223022
Not get tracked by some random internet people?
Just common sense I guess.
If you mean not get tracked by the en ess ayy then good luck lmao.
>>
>>56223022
you cannot hide if you browse from a personal computer and a personal internet access

any amount of tor/i2p/tails/freenet/ghostery/VM/vpn will never be enough if (((they))) want to find you.
>>
If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.

You're not a criminal, are you?

Then keep using Google, Facebook, Twitter and keep your private life update at all times.
>>
File: 1460044163151.jpg (52KB, 574x827px) Image search: [Google]
1460044163151.jpg
52KB, 574x827px
Snake oil IS NOT EVEN SNAKE OIL
>>
>>56223022
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
>>
>>56223022
>Is Ghostery just snake oil?

well it was bought out by advertising companies but even before then it didn't do anything better than other addons

but a simple browser addon or a dozen won't stop you being tracked, op

>>56223117

jennifer lawrence et al would like a word
>>
>>56223081
>(((jew brackets)))

Back to >>>/pol/ with you.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (3MB, 1900x1346px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
3MB, 1900x1346px
>>56223081
>>
>>56223022
Don't use technology.
>>
Using a plugin like disconnect will make it difficult for advertising companies to build profiles of you

if you want real privacy use a VPN.
>>
- Use standard Firefox
- Configure Firefox to connect only through Tor, use the whitelist feature to keep a small whitelist of sites you can't use through Tor
- Block all Javascript, Cookies, and Third-party requests (With help of Addons: NoScript, Cookie Monster, and Request Policy)
- In Firefox make sure webRTC is disabled and you have no DNS leaks
- Do not sign up for data-mining social media accounts like Google/Facebook/Twitter
- A good email service is tutanota.com
>>
>>56223296
Are you 14 years old? Tor is not a magic piece of software that will make you untraceable.

>>56223081
This.
>>
You can't be totally safe from tracking on the internet.

But as long as no one with resources is looking specifically for you, something like this will do:

Commercial VPN (somewhere not USA/UK) to hide TOR traffic from ISP. If you want an additional layer of security, set up something like a rPi somewhere with VPN server and put it in somewhere.

Another approach:
Buy used laptops with cash, only access the internet from free wifi, switch devices on a daily basis, replace OS once a month, switch between different CPUs, etc
>>
>>56223439
This is probably the dumbest reply I've ever seen by a 18-20 year old on this site.

1) You are putting words in my mouth, I did not say Tor automatically meant you could do anything you want and still remain anonymous

2) When _used properly_ Tor does make you untraceable/anonymous, and the FBI/NSA would not be able to identify you.
>>
File: sos.jpg (207KB, 600x724px) Image search: [Google]
sos.jpg
207KB, 600x724px
>>56223569
>But as long as no one with resources is looking specifically for you, something like this will do:
See, that's the thing.

If you do those things (sans your other approach, which is a better method), you're likely to get put on a list.

All of the anonymizers and VPNs and ""privacy addons"" just make your user agent much more unique and raise red flags to anyone who would have otherwise moved on.

It's like wearing a burka and winter coat at the beach.
>>
>>56223831
>2) When _used properly_ Tor does make you untraceable/anonymous, and the FBI/NSA would not be able to identify you.
Enjoy your youth while you still have it.

I wish I would have done more with myself when I was 16 like you.
>>
>>56223831
How do you know, are you in their office? Do you have access to their software? Internet is flawed and unsecured. No amount of underground networks or open source solutions will totally make you untraceable even when _used properly_.

Tor traffic running inside a VM/Tails machine routed through a trusted commercial VPN (payed with Bitcoins) in a unix machine connected through an Internet Access not linked to you is the sensible answer if you want to live some anonymous epic haxor life like le mr robot hackerman but in the end its all fluke if you don't know what software/hardware governements use. Just last week china launched a quantum enabled satellite I think you can't fathom how much more powerful and scary sofware/hardware used by NSA/Russia/China can be. You will never be safe on the Internet.
>>
>>56223884
>>56223911

The NSA is not fucking magic, you retards.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.