[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when are we poised for the next big leap? It seems like for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: WGT.jpg (634KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WGT.jpg
634KB, 1920x1080px
So when are we poised for the next big leap?

It seems like for decades now, technology has just been slowly ramping up.
>>
>>56220976
June 6th, 2022 at 6:31 A.M.
>>
File: 1444872648741.jpg (41KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444872648741.jpg
41KB, 457x480px
>>56220976
virtual reality and virtual sex. The centralizing of all things, monetary, political and ethical. People getting more numb to fight reflexes or truth and the destruction of our natural resources.

Sex and reproduction will become a government issued and regulated system and religion and god will die.

fucking rad if you ask me.
>>
>>56221049
What do you mean?
>>
>>56221080
>Sex and reproduction will become a government issued and regulated system and religion and god will die.

...jesus
>>
>>56220976
The Thing was a movie that terrified and aroused me at the same time.
10/10.
>>
>>56221080
The cyberpunk dystopia is strong with this one.

But he pretty much gets it. Augmented reality is poised to be the next great leap as long as someone convinces advertisers to get behind hardware efforts. The "potential" for embedding ads in everyday objects even outside of public spaces should be exciting them all more than a 2D girl.

We just need wide-angle see-through curved displays, which we already have in some demonstrational OLED displays, real-time head tracking and image superposition on the world and better battery life. Pokemon Go however hated is paving the way there.

And even if devices were stuffed full of advertising software, free software enthusiasts are likely to provide a workaround or alternative operating systems eventually.
>>
7D printing
>>
>>56221080
I just killed myself
>>
>>56220976
Designer babies, and that's gonna take another 30 years or probably more.
Until that it's just gonna be more of the same boring transistor tech.
>>
>>56221089
he means advanced ai is gonna be created and see humans as scum then its over
>>
I think there'll be a big war before. Battleground will be Europe/east of Europe. Not sure yet if China will be involved.
>>
>>56222726
If we have any larger conflicts outside of the fucking Middle East, I imagine it will be in the sea of China since it seems like every Asian nation over there is trying to get those fucking islands.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.