[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because I was bored I managed to succesfully log in to a router

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (175KB, 1024x946px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
175KB, 1024x946px
Because I was bored I managed to succesfully log in to a router that is not mine. Is it safe for me to poke around for a bit or can I be easily traced? Judging by the log in credentials the owner is not tech savvy at all
>>
Stock consumer router firmwares usually don't log access, so you're free to fuck around. But I'd do it over Tor, just in case.
>>
>>56214936
There is an event log tab though. Should I delete it just in case? I am a complete normie so I don't have any ideas to what it logs.

I also only have my smartphone right now, so Tor is not an option
>>
>>56214965
Clear it, although if you're on mobile.you got a gray dynamic IP that is almost untraceable.
> tor isn't an option
Orbot+Orfox, no root needed. And don't tell me that you're using iPhone.
>>
>>56215087
>And don't tell me that you're using iPhone

As stated before, I am a complete normie, and thus, guilty.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Any fun stuff I can do on the router?
>>
>>56214936
You can usually only log in from the local network. How is he supposed to be using Tor?
>>
>>56215147
Enable DMZ and fuck around with computers behind it, maybe (nmap n shiet, more suited for desktop). Also redirecting everything to meatspin (idk how to do all that, but you can try)
>>
>>56215190
Some routers are reachable from outside if misconfigured.
>>
>>56215208
Also related: enable remote management and remember its IP so you can come home and use some serious toys on it.
>>
File: 1432323884812-0.png (26KB, 431x499px) Image search: [Google]
1432323884812-0.png
26KB, 431x499px
Your ISP can tell when you access other peoples routers, but only if you are connecting to a huge number of different routers or if you are bruting and thereby failing to authenticate many times per second.
If this is the case, they will email you, and if you keep doing it, the ball is in their court; they can get you into trouble or cancel your service without notice, or come to your house and beat you up.

It is the same with using indiscriminatory scanners, and also with RDP.
Source: It happened to me a few times under a few different providers.
>>
>>56215379
You were beaten by employees of your ISP?
>>
>>56215484
They beat up his boipussi ;)
>>
>>56214915
I have similiar question and I am a noob in basic pentest shit, and I don't want to make a new thread too.

>If I have "disposable" pc (read rpi or anything like that) that I can connect to the web, while using all the proxy shit etc. and then connect via ssh to it.

>how safe is this ?
>>
>>56215484
Well maybe not that, but I have had the police called on my house by shady private trackers for having a bad ratio.
>>
>>56215533
The most secure setup EVER:
> fit it with battery, wifi dongle and celluar modem
> connect it to VPN via celluar and drop it somewhere
> ssh into it and crack someone's wifi
> forward traffic through it

But a directional antenna with a hotspot far enough is okay too.
>>
>>56215556
Do you live in eastern Europe or some shit?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.