[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys remember when Windows UIs were actually elegant and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Do you guys remember when Windows UIs were actually elegant and clean feeling?
Too bad it's full of every kind of insecurity under the sun, but I miss it.
desu I just have a hardcore nostalgia boner for XP
>>
>>56206759

What linux distro/DE is designed to capture that clean feeling of WinXP running in Classic?

I miss that zippy, crisp response and minimalist layout once all the eye-candy and animations are turned off. Just curious which distros have a similar feel out of the box, or with relatively minimal tweaking.
>>
>Windows XP
>Elegant and clean feeling

OK
>>
>>56206807
nostalgia is a hell of a drug
>>
>>56206806
Probably something like XFCE, LXDE, or Mate. LXDE feels pretty retro without any theming.
>>
>>56206838

Thanks. Had XFCE on my radar, but happy to take a look at LXDE.

Have a couple older computers (one a P4 and another a Phenom II x4 core) and just want a tight, low-resource desktop that doesn't look like a cartoon or behave like a vidya gaymeme.

Is that asking too much?
>>
>>56206759
W10 is the cleanest design since 95 you fucking faggot, you're just a contrarian hipster
>>
>>56206759
it's trash. The only times Windows had clean ui were in 95, Vista and maybe 10 if it wasn't disjointed.
>>
File: fuck windows 10.png (336KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuck windows 10.png
336KB, 1366x768px
>>56207139
W10 looks and feels awful. I just "upgraded" today and my first impressions are not great.

>The start menu is full of advertising for other apps and shit I don't need
>Had to play with the screen resolution settings to stop it looking all stretched out and weird (never had to do that previous versions)
>The start menu looks like shit and occupies and unnecessary amount of my screen (see pic related)
>Keep getting notifications from Microsoft saying "try office 365" and other shit. Like I want constant advertising on my desktop
>it's runs slow as shit

This whole thing is literally fucking cancer.
>>
>>56208747
>that picture

You deserve it
>>
>>56208747
fucking faggot
>>
File: rosecolorglass1.jpg (85KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
rosecolorglass1.jpg
85KB, 500x375px
>>56206759
>heavy gradients and gloss
>elegant and clean
>>
>>56206759

yikes

>>56208747

so ur tellin me you bought windows10
>>
>>56206807
This. Even as somebody who uses XP to this day, I wouldn't call XP with the stock theme elegant at all.

Classic, though... that's beautiful.
>>
I admit I would be OK with Windows 10's general inconsistency if it weren't for the window buttons. I don't know what they were thinking. Especially with the minimize button.

They should have kept it like how Windows 8.1 was. In fact, the entire window border should be like Windows 8.1. It would fit perfectly and look so much more polished.
>>
>>56206759
>Windows
>elegant and clean
That has literally never happened
>>
>>56208747
yeah you're dumb, a few minute and it's fixed

you fucking deserve it retard
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.