[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my cities local telephone companies fiber near me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1466958414644.png (408KB, 589x499px) Image search: [Google]
1466958414644.png
408KB, 589x499px
How do I get my cities local telephone companies fiber near me sooner? I checked their map and they only have a few spots at the moment but one of them is the old folks home and apartments 3 streets over. They say they'll wire the entire city by 2020 but I can't wait that long when the infrastructure in my neighborhood is falling apart and I can't even keep a solid connection throughout the day.

Can I petition the company? Pay extra to have it built here sooner? Email the CEO? Call tech support? Or am I stuck just waiting?
>>
>>56205220
This is the dumbest thread I've seen on g today.
>>
File: 1466958360736.png (435KB, 598x507px) Image search: [Google]
1466958360736.png
435KB, 598x507px
>>56205249
I just want a good internet connection anon.

My internet actually cut out again while I'm typing this. Can I force them to fix it? Can I sue for the shit infrastructure on their side?
>>
>>56205274
You idiot.
Either pay more for your connection or stop winning. They are the ISP with the final say. As a consumer of their product, your opinion truly means nothing.
>>
>>56205274
Who is the artist?
With some money you might get your line fixed for some time but paying for them to lay the newer linea would cost too much and others would profit without spending money. Does anyone else need it, or is having such problems?
>>
>>56205389
I can't pay more because they haven't built the infrastructure yet. I want them to build the infrastructure near me sooner.
>>
>>56205414
are you actually getting the speeds advertised? if you are relying on the phone company dsl maybe switch to broadband. if there isn't a broadband provider then you live in the fucking sticks and I'd be surprised anyone would bring direct fiber to your house.
>>
>>56205475
I live in canada so our internet is shit to start with. I live in the sticks kind of but we have one canadas last local telecom companies and they've decided to bring fiber to the city. The only other option is shaw which i will be switching to but with past experiences I know they're not much better.
>>
>>56205399
It's greenteaneko. He posts some of his art on facebook. What a strange artist.
>>
>>56205509
alright well I have no clue what its like in canada. But I live in a pretty fucking rural place and my broadband provider can at least do 150mbps residential. and the speeds are actually that when they finish the install. but I guess if your getting advertised speeds then you cant complain. Unless you want to pay 6$ per foot of fiber to get it to your house from their headend you'll have to wait.
>>
>>56205220
I heard about a guy that convinced his city to get a high bandwidth fibre connection to rent to local ISPs, you could try that
>>
>>56205220
You're overthinking the problem. Just move.
>>
>>56205399
some guy from funny junk called greenteaneko
>>
Someone got the patreon only stuff of that artist?
That's some funny shit.
>>
Ask them how much it'd cost to install fiber in your house
>>
>>56205531
>>56207598
Thanks. Yeah, kinda strange.
>>
File: by_internet.jpg (2MB, 3327x2977px) Image search: [Google]
by_internet.jpg
2MB, 3327x2977px
>>
>>56208035
kek
>>
File: OMG.jpg (97KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
OMG.jpg
97KB, 580x435px
Look for other options. Cable is more expensive, but it can be fast. Find out if you have a local WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) - they can be fast AND cheep if you have line of sight to their Tower. Also: don't drink the kool-aid on speed! Hurr Durr "I got 150 MBPS! It's only $300/mo!" Netflix HD pulls ~6MBPS, video is the most that you'll pull. Add up how many video streams you'll be using at once and don't bother getting more - latency is actually a much bigger issue. GL!
>>
File: 1471867701286.jpg (117KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1471867701286.jpg
117KB, 580x435px
>>56208167
Found the problem!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.