[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>learn about job at hospital >good pay, benefits, and close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 27

File: 1468283970686.jpg (171KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1468283970686.jpg
171KB, 900x675px
>learn about job at hospital
>good pay, benefits, and close to home
>requires some knowledge with Python, Java, Julia, and Ruby
>decent at all of them, so I decide to apply for interview
>during interview, girl murmurs "I can't seem to find your Facebook."
>"Of course, I don't have one."
>"Well, do you have a Twitter?"
>"Nope."
>"Linkedin? Google+? Myspace (chuckle)?"
>"Sorry ma'am, but I don't have any social media account."
>"...huh"
>after the interview, she said that she'll get back to me
>they have never called back since.

Why did social media have to become a requirement nowadays?

I just cannot bring myself to put my real name on the Internet, the "old school 90s" mentality prevents me from doing so. Ever since I was a kid everyone around me told me to never put my name on the internet, never put my real information on the internet, and now it's a requirement.

I know my name is on here, and I know any idiot who wanted to could play NSA and find out everything about me with a couple clicks at most, but regardless I just don't feel right making an account myself with my real name, real pictures, real backstory and things. I have a gmail account obviously, but with a fake name.

How the fuck do I shake this autism off of me?
>>
>>56204263
Most people at least have linkedin for professional shit.
>>
>>56204263
Just create a fake one and upload a publicly avaible picture of yourself. Do not post anything.
>>
Fuck them OP, move on.
Social websites are cancer anyhow, fuck it's bad enough that I have to have a screenname on Steam, let alone use fucking Steam.
>>
File: 1471055777470.jpg (152KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1471055777470.jpg
152KB, 900x675px
>>56204309
>giving the botnet pictures of yourself
>giving the botnet the opportunity to take your privacy away
what would lord stallman say
>>
>>56204263
If they require social media chances are they're a shitty place to work for in the first place
>>
>>56204324
Lord Stallman has pictures of him online. I think he would create one fake account with no information on it, then de-activate it.
>>
>>56204263
>no LinkedIn
it's like you don't want to get a job
>>
>>56204320
gog
>>
Just make a LinkedIn account. Only necessary data. Pic is a maybe
>>
>>56204263
At a bare minimum you should have a linkedin when looking for employment. You can have a Facebook you never post to as long as it exists with an up to date picture. You really are just besting yourself for a retarded reason, pops.
>>
>>56204350
This.

Stop being an autist, OP. This is like refusing to be listed in a phone book.
>>
>>56204294
Would you seriously use LinkedIn now that it's owned by Microsoft?
>>
>>56204294
>>56204340
>>56204348
>>56204350
>>56204372
What is going on here?
>>
>stories that are totally made up
I don't have any social media accounts and had no problems finding offers.
>>
>>56204379
I'm not saying I like it, but sometimes you have to do shit you don't like.
Like >>56204309 says, only use publicly available info.
>>
>>56204393
LinkedIn is basically a requirement for getting a job these days. Make one and link to your qualifications (resume, cover letter, etc). Employers love that.
>>
>>56204372
My dad did shit like that, and had some faggot option enabled so when we called people with caller id it wouldn't show our number- even though it should have as we were fucking calling them. So instead of being able to call my mother it was basically a call block. Hur dur thanks dad
>>
>>56204333
This, fammalammadingdong
>>
>>56204393
iMillennials.
>>
>>56204393
all reddit crossposters
>>
>>56204441
>implying
>>
they probably think that since the only way to contact you is by phone, or possibly this "fake name" gmail account, you actually don't know how to computer and are either practically inept or weirdly tinfoil hat-tier.

either way it raised red flags with your interviewer and thats all that mattered

When I interview people and they lack an online presence completely, it tells me that maybe they're lying about their identity

At the very least get a linkedin and get rid of it once you get hired. They only require a bare minimum of info, and you only have to put on info that pertains to the job you're looking for. It tells the interviewer that you at the very least have the initiate and know how to attempt to market yourself
>>
>>56204411
4chan needs a pychologist subchan for faggots like this guy
>>
>>56204394
Me not getting hired had very little to do with social media. I'm almost certain it's because I live near a uni and one of the CS fags from there probably got it because degree
>>
File: you need to go back.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
you need to go back.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
>>56204528
>subchan
>>
>>56204510
>it raised red flags with your interviewe
I am pretty sure it's more likely they know nothing about tech and think if you don't have a facebook, they outed you for being some sort of blackhat deviant. People who check facebooks are looking for dirt on you so they have a reason not to hire you so they can gossip about it over lunch. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>56204534
then why did you think social media has become some sort of requirement these days?
>>
File: 168ylp5.gif (749KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
168ylp5.gif
749KB, 200x200px
>>56204552
>the ole b8 gits dem rascals agn!
>>
>>56204556
This is why the companies that aren't shit do not involve HR in the hiring process. They are just paperwork monkeys.
>>
>>56204510
>it tells me that maybe they're lying about their identity
>he doesn't know that you can contact the university/college and former work places if any the interviewee came from to confirm his identity
>doesn't know how to contact references, as in real people, that are willing to vet or vouch for the interviewee

Fuck linkedin, but also praise linkedin, shit's hilarious when you can dig up Huma, the Clinton Foundation, CTR, and the piss loving Muslim who was using his dead son for politics.
>>
>>56204320
You could grow up.
>>
>>56204573
>companies that have HR
>>
>>56204324
>giving the botnet pictures of yourself
You're already too late on that one in all likelihood.

Your ugly mug is already in 9000 NSA databases. Might as well use one for good.
>>
>>56204569
The looks she was giving me suggested I was some sort of alien for not having a social media presence. Like the very concept of a person devoid of a Facebook, Twitter, or whatever else couldn't be real, and it leads me to believe that people expect you to have it.
>>
>>56204528
Hi Dad.
"Well I think that if we're calling somebody then they should be able to see who we are, what's wrong with that"
>Dad spergs out

I showed that faggot, I broke his fucking phone.
The man was such a recluse in his basement all of the time that it took him 3 months to realize the upstairs phone was broken. Naturally he thinks it's just a dead battery so keks were had when he buys a new one and then discovers the pcb is broken from punching the phone while in the cradle.

Not my fault, I got mad at those fucking VR Missions man
>>
File: 1458490013488.jpg (78KB, 1000x738px) Image search: [Google]
1458490013488.jpg
78KB, 1000x738px
>>56204263
OP stop being a beta and call THEM back.

If you want something, go get it instead of posting on /g/ about how you are too lazy to take action.
>>
I also heard from other managers that do a lot of hiring, It can be used to confirm your identity. If you say your name is Neeman Markus, and there is a fb profile for Neeman Markus with your picture and bunch of friends, it tells me not only all the dumb shit you post on facebook (reasons not to hire), but that you actually use the name you gave us, and are recognized by that name.

Because if nothing at all comes up relevant to your name, it tells me you're actually not who you say you are and probably have a laundry list of crimes that you're covering up
>>
>>56204642
Also I've never had anyone care about my lack of facebook, I only started using linkedin after I obtained my first job to keep up with coworkers after I left.
>>
>>56204644
You realize populating search results with a big social media presence helps obfuscate any incriminating information about you, right? Or that any company with job worthy chops can easily background check their potential hires.
>>
>>56204409
Don't put your resume on LinkedIn. It seems stupid because it contains 90% the same info but they're supposed to be distinct things. The linkedin is just a secondary thing really

You gotta tailor your actual resume for each job you apply to. Send your resume separate.

What I do is I have a "master resume" containing every single bit of info about my career or career related things in fancy bullet points and categories and shit. Then when I apply to a job I look at what I want and I trim off all the parts that aren't relevant so that it fits on one page.
>>
>>56204644
All this tells me is that HR has become too lazy to do any real work. Why go through the trouble of doing it the old-fashioned way when you have all these tools and inadvertently volunteered info at the touch of your fingertips.
>>
>>56204263
>Why did social media have to become a requirement nowadays?
Because they want to be able to monitor your activity outside of work to determine what kind of person you are.
>>
>>56204619
>ike the very concept of a person devoid of a Facebook, Twitter, or whatever else couldn't be real
just like your bullshit story isn't real?
>>
What amuses me is that there are people autistic enough to not use social media in 2016 but still carry around a smartphone and use the internet at home
>>
>>56204644
If confirming identity is the case, then what the fuck is my government appointed ID for?

Also >>56204676

>>56204642
I probably will tomorrow. I do need bux
>>
>>56204591
I refuse.
>>
>>56204638
Ho, someones unloading tonight. You should take this shit to your therapist familia.
>>
>>56204702
Well that's pretty dumb because you can hide literally everything except your name from people who aren't friended with you (or facebook itself, but that's another issue)

You can have an account with just 1 photo, and nobody looking you up on facebook would be none the wiser that you have no friends or don't post jack shit because your privacy settings hide it
>>
>>56204710
The culture around Twitter and Facebook is shit. That's what deters me. And then with LinkedIn, it defaults to showing people when you view their profile which is creepy either end of that transaction. Unlike OP though, I wouldn't be mad. I'd be happy I dodged a bullet working for that stupid of a company.
>>
>>56204569
It can't be a "requirement", because nobody can force you to put up personal info like name, education, past/current employers etc. on a publicly accessible website for everyone to see. Those who imply otherwise are cunts full of shit. A right to privacy still exists, no matter what others may think.
>>
>>56204372

My mother has explicitly requested phone books to not list her, and yet they do so anyways. She doesn't want a certain person from her past finding her. There are plenty of valid reasons to not want information about yourself being public.
>>
>>56204704
:^)

>>56204710
Like I said I know I'm being tracked and all, but I still can't bring myself to do it. I just can't bring myself to combat something embedded into me since birth

>>56204753 also has merit
>>
>>56204753
You're thinking wrong you idiot.
You need them, not the other way around, they've probably already hired some Superior chad by now thanks to your incompetence
>>
>>56204763
LIVIN IN AMERICA! Where everyone has a right to your gossip.
>>
>>56204763
None of which apply to OP I wager.
>>
>>56204778
Pretty sure there are plenty of companies who would pay better and not have a shitty interview process outlined by OP. You sound like b8 though so might not be worth responding.
>>
File: 1469993398550.jpg (1023KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1469993398550.jpg
1023KB, 2592x1944px
>>56204736
I'm good now, finally got my gaymen pc built.

t. the guy that bought a 960 from bbuy lol
>>
>>56204573
What companies _don't_ involve HR in the hiring process? Not only virtually all do, but the HR person has more decisive power about whether to hire a given candidate than the team manager. Not always, but generally.
>>
>>56204775
You don't need to use it, but not having one is a pretty big red flag for many companies.

They don't want to hire someone who's a shutin and won't get along with anyone else in the workforce, you're giving the wrong impression by not having one.
>>
>>56204263
Don't feel bad, OP. I'm not narcissistic and shallow enough to think the whole world gives a flying fuck about what I had for lunch or how fabulous I look in my latest selfie either.

I, too, am stuck in the "you don't put your info on the internet" mindset of the 90s, back when they could make horror movies about someone tracking you down and killing you because they found you on the internet, when scenes could happen where the killer slips the victim's real name into the conversation and it terrifies the victim. (H-how d-d-do you know my n-n-name?)
>>
>>56204800
Maybe if you left your parents basement you wouldn't be so ignorant.
>>
>>56204800
OP wasn't an outlined process, it was a snippit of the overall conversation that happened to pertain to the topic I wanted to discuss

I didn't walk into the interview, talk about social media, and leave, their was more in-between the timeframe
>>
Shitty job hiring thread? OK
>Apply for a job at an international company.
>Job is Cyber security audit.
>Have all the qualifications they need.
>Still working in the old job as my contract have like 1 month remaining.
>Got called for an interview.
>Have a skype interview for about 2 hrs.
>Next day they inform me I passed the technical interview, and the next interview is tomorrow at 9:00AM.
>I was still in my old job, which I was working in the field in a remote area with no coverage at all.
>I apologies about the time and request to change it.
>they never called again
wew lad, glade I didn't got the job, if simple request they can't comply with, it must be one shitty company.
>>
>>56204803
I feel bad for you if you've been working at such shitty companies your entire life.
>>
>>56204802
>Best Buy power supply
I hope you have property and life insurance
>>
>>56204644
HR people/managers who are projecting this hard should change jobs and/or see a therapist. It all sounds as if the NWO was already officially here and Facebook was one of the world government agencies which are compulsory to be signed up with and tracked by. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>56204644
>Because if nothing at all comes up relevant to your name, it tells me you're actually not who you say you are and probably have a laundry list of crimes that you're covering up
Then why not check government ID?
>>
>>56204832
>company requires you to have a social media account
>fire you for accessing and browsing it while at work
GEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>56204263
Employers think it's a red flag, like you're a serial killer or something.
>>
>no one will hire me because i don't have any social media accounts
>continue collecting unemployment
what on earth are you complaining about?
keep living the dream faggot
>>
>>56204802
>best buy generic PSU
prepare for housefires
they're not diablotek tier, but they're still shit
>>
>tfw already have a career and nobody at work gives a shit about social media
>>
>ma'am

They didn't hire you because you're a fedora tipping loser.
>>
>>56204891
It's amazing how lazy and dumb people on /g/ will make up excuses for their lack of a job
>I don't have a Facebook account, they think I'm a serial killer!
>I'm white, they're obviously looking for diversity hires!
>what? My GPA in college? Where did I do my internships? How to write a FizzBuzz? That's none of their business!
>>
>>56204802
>24" curved monitor
the fuck is the point of that
>>
File: 1469997770215.jpg (975KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1469997770215.jpg
975KB, 2592x1944px
>>56204755
De facto requirement, it's not on the books but they'll still be cunts about it for reasons other anons mentioned.

>>56204805
p. much
>Get hired and fake it till you are off probationary period
>Be weird recluse when they are stuck with you.

>>56204854
I got this bro
cords wouldn't reach, so I made them.
>>
>>56204916
Do they still talk endlessly about TV shows and games? Still waiting to find that secret bizzaro cubbyhole where people talk about topics around their career field
>>
File: 1467930042498.jpg (40KB, 467x433px) Image search: [Google]
1467930042498.jpg
40KB, 467x433px
>>56204895
I'm not a lazy nigger tbqvhwyatematbitmctiwlyk (to be quite very honest with you at this exact moment and time but if the mood changes i'll let you kno)
>>
>>56204939
>>56204802

You're not fooling anyone, i've seen these pictures before
>>
>>56204832
The second interview was surely to be done by HR, and they unfortunately tend to think rather higly of themselves to the point of believing that a candidate is not in the position to request changes like that. They considered your request an affront and dropped you as a candidate as a result.
>>
>>56204958
>tbqvhwyatematbitmctiwlyk
not funny
>>
>>56204941
Don't really talk about TV shows, just sports and shit about the job. It's pretty much just a bunch of normie guys with families.
>>
>>56204976
⁞ つ: •̀ ⌂ •́ : ⁞-︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─
>>
>>56204895
To get unemployment, you actually have to work for like half a year,
-kike york

>>56204929
took it all back, just wanted to test it out and see how shitty doom would run on a 960.

>>56204974
proof I got my head out of my ass.
pic forthcoming
>>
>>56204876
Yea, if they want to hire you then you'd need to show them some documents anyway, provide social security number etc. Since when is fucking Facebook or other "social media" sites an authority (let alone the prime, default one) to verify someone's identity? This is entirely ridiculous.
>>
>>56205022
Besides you can make a fucking fake Facebook account making it totally ineffective even at that wrong fucking purpose.
>>
>>56204843
All medium to large businesses I encountered work like that. I had interviews with HR even in a rather smallish company below 50 employees, and the HR person clearly had the leading role in the hiring process. Maybe some startups which consist of just a bunch of people handle things differently.
>>
>>56205048
I've applied to Microsoft. The interviews were all with technical people. Same with Google. Same with IBM. Same with even fucking Oracle. Maybe if you're applying for some bullshit role like sales they might have a personality test.
>>
>>56204739
>because your privacy settings hide it

They weren't looking for your Facebook because they wanted to check you had one, they were looking for your Facebook to verify you were a normalfag like them. What makes you think they'd hire someone with maxed privacy settings if they were in a position to turn down a candidate simply for not having a Facebook account?
>>
File: 1454248586304.png (326KB, 610x766px) Image search: [Google]
1454248586304.png
326KB, 610x766px
>>56204393
>get job at parallels
>company owners are based in russia
>never even talked to interviewer
>show up for work and start working
>get to make mad dosh off mactards that bought their fruity toy and then realized they need a real OS to do real work

feelsgoodman
>>
>>56205078
Because checking to see if you have a name and a face online is literally what they do outside of OP's shitty made up story.
>>
File: _20160822_014719.jpg (609KB, 2257x1837px) Image search: [Google]
_20160822_014719.jpg
609KB, 2257x1837px
>>56205020
Sorry for delay. Phone sucks.
>>
>>56205120
>that mousepad
>>
>>56205078
>What makes you think they'd hire someone with maxed privacy settings if they were in a position to turn down a candidate simply for not having a Facebook account?
What makes you think people get turned down for not having a Facebook account?

This is bullshit and it gets reposted every week. Try getting a job. Literally nobody gives a fuck, especially in CS/IT fields where linkedin or github matters way fucking more
>>
>LinkedIn
I'd rather have literally any other social media. They're the scummiest of the lot, fucking spammers.

>>56204372
Roughly 40% of all phone numbers in the UK are ex-directory.

>>56204510
>maybe they're lying about their identity
If that is a concern to you, ask for ID, you bloody idiot.

This is all bullshit from idiots. Facebook tried to hire me, and I don't have a Facebook account. If a social media company doesn't give a shit about being on their own site, why should anyone else you want to work for?

HR are idiots everywhere; that isn't new.
>>
If you don't want to do LinkedIn, then make a simple personal website. Throw up a picture of yourself, a portfolio/resume, and a contact e-mail address.
>>
>>56204263
>Reasons why HR is a joke and a plague to the working world.
>>
>>56204263
You at least need linkedin.
>>
OP stop being a sperg. The idiot used the lack of social media as an excuse. There had to be something else in the interview that stood out as a red flag to the interviewer.
>>
>>56204263
Can't stop looking at her feet
>>
The HR retards should know that tech people have a reputation for not being the biggest social butterflys, so why would they discriminate in the hiring process if their goal is to get a competent worker and not just some half-assed normalfag?
>>
>>56205244
>if their goal is to get a competent worker and not just some half-assed normalfag
>"ma'am"
>>
File: christina-casper-GC.jpg (34KB, 467x410px) Image search: [Google]
christina-casper-GC.jpg
34KB, 467x410px
>>56204379
>not liking MS
>>
File: tumblr_mt4hywKUj21rmkupgo1_500.gif (506KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt4hywKUj21rmkupgo1_500.gif
506KB, 500x283px
>>56204263

>be girl
>know how to hold a soldering iron without getting burned so I become resident tech support person
>finally convince hospital I work at to hire full-time IT person
>one applicant, cute af
>he aces the technical part of the interview
>haven't gotten laid since highschool
>decide to facebook stalk him during interview
>accidentally mumble "can't seem to find your Facebook"
>he hears me and says he doesn't have one
>freak out, go all in: "Well, do you have a Twitter?"
>"Nope."
>"Linkedin? Google+"
>atmosphere getting awkward
>try to make a joke about myspace
>"Sorry ma'am, but I don't have any social media account."
>he thinks I'm some weirdo who's trying to stalk him
>remember HR telling us it's illegal to look up Facebook accounts bc of discrimination laws or some shit
>if he tells my boss I'll be screwed
>wrap up interview quickly, say we'll be in touch
>tell boss he was useless and to hire a pajeet instead
>>
I'm applying for jobs, but I have a webshop (skin care products) and a content driven website.

I'm afraid if I mention it they think im too busy with other things. But if I dont mention it I will have a tough time explaining what i did the last few years besides doing uni in way too much time. What should I do?
>>
>>56204573
You're an idiot. HR is an important part of major companies and I challenge you to name a SINGLE Fortune 500 company without one.
>>
>>56205360
>reading comprehension
>>
>>56205311

Mention it on your resume. If they ask tell them you will prioritise your job and only work on those projects in your free time, if at all.
>>
America?
>>
>>56205366
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>56205380
Not involving HR in hiring processes is not the same as not having HR.
>>
>>56205390
Do you even comprehend what HR is?
>>
>>56205398
A part of the company that does things other than hire people?
>>
>>56205398
Training? Management? Performance reviews? Marketing? Resolving problems and grudges and shit between employees? Bitching about not handing in packing slips?
>>
>>56205421
HR doesn't handle marketing except in the context of accomplishing HR tasks, such as advertising open positions. And every department has it's own levels of management. Talent aquisition is a major duty of HR.
>>
>>56205500
Not necessarily.
>>
File: youtube.jpg (218KB, 1436x674px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.jpg
218KB, 1436x674px
>>56204263
>the "old school 90s" mentality prevents me from doing so
Good.
>>
>>56205505
I reiterate my challenge. Name a single Fortune 500 company or a company that can be considered a leader in its field that does not have its HR department handle talent aquisition.
>>
>>56204638
>intentionally break a thing
>"not my fault LMAO"
Is this what "millennials" stand for?
>>
>>56205520
Google.
>>
>>56205534
Fuck Google.

Next.
>>
>>56205541
Facebook.
>>
>>56205546
Fuck Facebook.

Next.
>>
>>56205549
Deez nuts
>>
>>56205549
>>56205541
I'm not memeing here. Facebook and Google are terrible places to work. Your salary is lowballed to fucking shit.
>>
>>56205534
Google and Facebook both have their HR department handle talent aquisition. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>56205573
180k for a new college graduate sure is low.
>>
>>56205577
They fill out the paperwork. They are not involved in the decision making process.
>>
>>56205602
They hire pajeets.

You only get a job if you're interning, and that's where you get fucked, compared to a place like Northrop Grumman or anywhere else
>>
>>56205613
There are several layers of decision makers with Google talent aquisition, one of the first of which is HR recruiters. Try again faggot
>>
>>56205615
>81k average on Glassdoor
>>
>>56204263
She probably thought that you were lying
>>
File: raspinendo.jpg (698KB, 2360x1810px) Image search: [Google]
raspinendo.jpg
698KB, 2360x1810px
I have an interview for a test engineer position on Thursday, any insider tips from test engineers/QAs ?
>>
>>56204263
I dunno I never had to have them for jobs.
Maybe you applied to a shit position?
When you get girls as an interviewer, you know it's going to be shit.
>>
>>56204263
>not having linked in only
Kek. KYS
>>
>>56205984
>When you get girls as an interviewer, you know it's going to be shit.
/thread
took long enough
>>
>>56205670
Same as always.
Look good, smell good, etc.
Then just go there and be yourself.
>>
>>56204975
Then Why they ask if the time is suitable for me or not?
>>
>>56206035
yeah, that helps.

but i was hoping for some work related tips, but in the end it's a big matter of good ol luck
>>
>>56206185
Well you can see if you need to boast, or not.
If the interviewer / boss is dumb, and you are at some big company, you can just lie your ass away.

I mean, every other person who works there did that too, so no worries, and that should get hired.
So, I would say, try reading people, the situation... things will just go smooth anyway.

And this social meme bullshit, is bullshit.
>>
>>56206213
>boast
Lie. Sorry.

And it's not even lying, just "yeah, sure I can do that", you know, make them feel comfortable with their choice, that you know your shit, and you can do shit.

It worked for me.
I spent years on Google. But I worried not, since all my colleagues did the same.

I thought the senior java guy is some kind of god, then I realized he does not know any more either. lol.
>>
>>56204263
Lmao this is life in america
>>
>>56206234
This.
At some point, you don't know if you found that none know shit, or you start know all the shit.
>>
File: anon tricked in(..).png (15KB, 125x105px) Image search: [Google]
anon tricked in(..).png
15KB, 125x105px
>>56204379
I work at Microsoft so...
>>
>>56205398
The place I work at was not (visibly) involved in my hiring before I had an offer and contract to sign and it's a large organization.

They did lots of paperwork I'm sure, which is their actual job.

My mom works in HR in a smaller software company (the HR team itself is only three people) and they have no say in who gets hired either.
>>
>>56204510
>When I interview people and they lack an online presence completely, it tells me that maybe they're lying about their identity
Holy shit, Anon, you dumbo.
>>
>>56204510
>it tells me that maybe they're lying about their identity
that sounds like you never interviewed anyone.
>>
File: 1449404192593.jpg (67KB, 475x330px) Image search: [Google]
1449404192593.jpg
67KB, 475x330px
>mfw the ((((botnet)))) dictates the thoughts and actions of /g/tards more than anybody else.
>>
>>56204379
Maximum autism
>>
>>56204379
I use Skype too.

LinkedIn is pretty good, it makes you more likely to be headhunted which is great either in itself or as leverage to get something better at your current job.
>>
>>56206213
>>56206234
ty

and yeah, that's generally my attitude - google is my friend. Every project I've completed has been 90% with Google/stackoverflow.

But should I say that in the interview, or just "i can do that" without specifying ?
>>
>>56204263
1. Make a Facebook account
2. Don't upload, like or comment on anything. Just use it like you would an email account, for inbox texting.
Is that too difficult?
>>
File: bonsaidance.gif (562KB, 416x389px) Image search: [Google]
bonsaidance.gif
562KB, 416x389px
>>56204263
>Why did social media have to become a requirement nowadays?
Remember when having a mobile phone wasn't a requirement? This is essentially the next stage, people expect you to be reachable on social media. It's stupid because there's nothing fucking wrong with only being reachable by email or phone.
>>
I've hired two coders at my sme specifically because they didn't have any social media accounts. I don't want millennial faggots chatting online all day. I want autistic worker drones. It's working really well so far
>>
>>56204644
Now who's the tin foil?
>>
>>56204393
Pajeets working for Microsoft.
>>
File: bananaahahahah.jpg (243KB, 735x485px) Image search: [Google]
bananaahahahah.jpg
243KB, 735x485px
>>56204263
lol it's better to not have any social media accounts than having a tonn of retarded semifake ones, like myself. I even have several linkedins mainly for spam purpose or just for laughs.
>>
>>56206765
If only all companies thought like you.
Too bad, they will never.
They don't care about efficiency.
Fucking jews.
>>
>>56206450

Until then get spammed to death by shitty recruiters who'll approach you if they find one word in some job description that fits you. Recruiters are scum.
>>
>>56204263
>never called back since
Because you never supplied a social media reference.
>>
>>56204263
Similar situation.
I only have Facebook, only use to communicate with co-workers and send files.
Right now though it seems Viber is the trend now, and everyone is nagging me to install it.
>>
File: 1450297526584.jpg (79KB, 432x287px) Image search: [Google]
1450297526584.jpg
79KB, 432x287px
>>56204263
How about create your own private web server.
And get your own mail-adress with your name at the end.
>>
>>56208533
>Viber
>Mosad botnet
>Facebook
>Jew botnet
I don't see the issue.
>>
>>56204802
>960
>1060 is out famalam
>>
>>56208468
They're deferential (even though it's fake) and I'm vain, we're a good match.

And I'm at a senior position at a good company so they don't bother me with the sort of offers you mention too often.
>>
>>56204263
I've never once been asked about social media for a job.
>>
>>56208804
This. NO ONE has ever asked me about my social presence on the internet.
>>
>>56204638

We dont care about your dad
>>
Wait so I can create a fake Facebook account and people will use it to confirm my identity?

Holy shit
>>
>>56204263
Because its probably a company that wants to big brother your ass hard and wants to give you warning etc if you somehow say "wow my boss is a dick" or somehow.

Those companies are huge babies, don't work for them.
>>
>>56204263

Isn't it illegal for them to look at your social media because it leads to the possibility of discovering information that could lead to bias?
>>
>>56206365
it shows.
>>
File: haha.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>56209744
>anon too dumb to be tricked
>>
>>56205086
Nice
>>
>>56205086
who uses parallels to run Windows? I use it to run OS X for package dev
>>
>>56204510
>When I interview people and they lack an online presence completely, it tells me that maybe they're lying about their identity

I guess in the days before Facebook or even the internet, everyone was lying about their identity, eh?
>>
>>56204263
I think i might pretend to be a tranny and create a FB and befreind a bunch of femminists. Then i can land a job in HR and hire only the most incompetent people i can find until the company is compromised of retards and collapses.
>>
>>56204263
Honestly if I were to conduct your interview and saw that you have no form of social networking, I would think your autistic as fuck and not able to work well with others.
>>
>>56205086
Too bad I use VMWare Fusion.
>>
>>56204939

>HE FELL FOR THE CURVED MONITOR
>>
>>56204263
>girl

Red flag right there.

HR doesn't know shit about programming.
>>
>>56206365
>I work at microsoft

Posts thumbnail.... KYS
>>
File: 17qk2f2qmguw6jpg.jpg (68KB, 636x954px) Image search: [Google]
17qk2f2qmguw6jpg.jpg
68KB, 636x954px
>>56211789
I have a 70 inch TV and 32 inch monitor, both curved. I really have nothing bad to say about either of them.
>>
>>56204263
Stop it with this meme, it's getting tiring
>>
>>56206149
Because all employers and companies have the same sort of subtle, double entendre, psychological bullshit that unless you are a special snowflake with a doctorate, or you are bending over backwards sucking their dicks for a job, they will not hire you.

Corporations are a blight, being a wageslave sucks, I'll be glad when the robots come.
>>
>>56204263
>All of these companies requiring that you have Facebook or some other lame social media shit to qualify for a job, so they can monitor your personal life

Dude, fuck that. I'm sorry, but I find a job requirement like that to be some form of discrimination, as well as an invasion of personal privacy.
>>
>>56212014
>le meme meme
>>
>>56206450
Will I still get recruited if I have no experience, or is LinkedIn for actual professionals? Just got my CCNA and trying to break into the field.
>>
>>56204263
LinkedIn should be a requirement. It filters out incompetent teens that have Normiebook and the extreme autists such as yourself.
Also
>doesn't have ResearchGate
Rofl fucking brainlet.
>>
>all these LinkedInfags
Laughing at your life.
Thank you for correcting the record.
>>
>>56214904
>this desperate to try and sell LinkedIn

Thanks for the great effort Pajeet, Nutella will have many rupees deposited in to your Microshill account by the end of the month.
>>
>>56215085
>implying
LinkedIn is trash. All the normie articles on it are fucking cancer.
>>
>>56204802

>960
>buying NoVidya ever
>even when the 1060 is out

Niga wot u doin
>>
>>56205086
Do you work remotely so you don't have to live in that shithole?

That's the only way it's worthwhile.
>>
>>56204802
>bbuy
Did they scammed you?
>>
>>56204411
your dad was/is a wise man, you are a faggot
>>
File: mfw2.png (543KB, 771x541px) Image search: [Google]
mfw2.png
543KB, 771x541px
>>56205296
>>
Has anybody here ever used meme friends from online to get a job?
>>
>>56211445
Christine Chandler participates in social media. What a well adjusted individual that will be a good culture fit, right?
>>
>>56204263
You're supposed to send a followup message yourself after an interview.
>>
>>56215730
this
fuck newfag idiots
>>
>>56204263
> Why does social media have to become a requirement nowadays?

The number of the beast soon you won't be able to buy or sell without one.
>>
Just host your own personal website or something. It'll allow you to control the data you store on yourself
>>
>>56205296
roastie genocide when?
>>
>>56206663
Yea but it has to have a few hundred friends to work.
>>
I've got a bare minimum Facebook to keep up with a few friends and family. Its kind of interesting to pop on once in a while to see what people are doing/saying.

Personally i never care enough to post myself though. Maybe i need a new picture though, the current one is 6 years old.
>>
>>56222651
This desu, only reason to have a Facebook is to bear witness to the hastening slide into fear, anti-intellectualism, and totalitarianism.
>>
>>56222696
Those are some big words!
Whadya read your local library ya fookin faggot
>>
File: 131946141431.png (339KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
131946141431.png
339KB, 480x480px
>>56205296
not bad.
>>
File: 10069165.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
10069165.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>56204802
>960 2gb
>2gb
>1060 is out
>buying NoVidya
>not buying the 380/480
>520w Explosive Device
>>
File: 1471864999877.jpg (234KB, 1030x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1471864999877.jpg
234KB, 1030x1010px
>>56204263
that's BS my senpai , the only jobs that ask for social media are ones where you're dealing with the public\the media .
>>
>>56204393
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>56205670
>uninsulated loose mains connections
worry
>>
>>56205541
Not an argument.
>>
I work in social media and I don't have any social media accounts personally.

Any interviewer who asks you is just snooping. Probably harmless but still.
>>
>>56214881
It's one of those "where is the harm?" types of deals.

The other anons are shills, but if you're going to fuck with just one social media to prevent shit like this, then I think this is the one.
>>
>>56205520
Intel has a retarded talent acquisition team that fucking asks for your skin color before submitting your cv
>>
What are some job titles of entry level tech jobs for networks and shit, is there a job title like assistant to the network/system administrator,i have no qualifications or schooling just need an entry level job for experience since i am starting school in January, and is there a specific site i should be using for tech jobs? I am just looking for overnight comfy zombie job.
>>
>>56226330
junior XYZ ?

i applied recently for some shit like network analyst 2nd lvl, which by description was pretty entry level
>>
>>56204393

Functioning members of society, you fucking shut-in NEET
>>
>>56204263
>make up dumb fucking story
>200+ replies of retards trying to fit in on /g/

threads like this and battlestation threads show just how young the posters here are. enter the real world kiddos
>>
There is a flip side to that as well OP, some companies prefer that you don't have social media accounts and its a requirement for promotions.
>>
>>56204263
>I have a gmail account obviously, but with a fake name.
Your professional email should have your real name. Are you retarded?
>>
>>56211948
holy shit how fucking new are you
>>
I've never had social media come up in an interview. Ever. I'm convinced all these stories are fake.

It's no like I've never worked at some hipster startup either.
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.