[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying 2k/4k monitors refresh rate's not important, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: imogen_poots_4k-HD.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
imogen_poots_4k-HD.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Buying 2k/4k monitors

refresh rate's not important, don't want video games to go over 60fps anyway.

So I want to buy a 4k monitor mainly for fapping because I'm sick of having to zoom in with large photos. Also it will be fun playing some games in 4k. I don't want 2k, want to go for the best of the best. I hear 8k monitors are a meme and there's no point waiting for 'em to go down in price, and I don't see any reason to not buy into 4k at this point because it's just going to become more mainstream.

I don't know what my price range would be. I'd like something cheap as Hell but obviously I'm prepared to spend upwards of $1000 if necessary.

Yeah if people are going to say it's not worth spending $1000 on a fap-station another massive reason is I want to try out this 4k blu-ray stuff that's coming out to replace blu-ray. I know it's not actually 4k so I could just get a 2k monitor for that, but whatever.
>>
UP3216
>>
>>56203841

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016WD1RSC/ref=psdc_428652031_t3_B00N9PW01K

not so bad price-wise. What exactly should I be looking out for when checking monitors? The only issues I know of are screen-tearing and dead-pixels. Should I be looking for the cheapest monitor that doesn't have lots of notable feedback mentioning these issues, or are there other things that factor in?
>>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JEZTC3I/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1471839066&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=8k+monitor&dpPl=1&dpID=41o65TIO5jL&ref=plSrch
>>
>>56203807
Screen tearing has to do with VSync, or lack thereof rather. It doesn't have anything at all to do with any particular monitor model or brand.

First you should decide on the physical size of the screen, though I wouldn't go below 27" for 4K. Lower screen size means more pixel density (better image quality), a larger monitor is obviously larger, but has worse pixel density. Decide what you want. It's basically extra sharp vs. extra big.
Then decide on the panel type you want. Avoid TN because image quality is the worst. You probably want to go with IPS or something like that.
Watch out for various issues like bad QC, bad backlight bleed, etc.
Also make sure you get a screen that has either HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2, or both and isn't some MST crap. The very early 4K monitors were tiled displays, as in you'd have 1 actual monitor but each half of it would act like a separate screen because graphics cards/display connections couldn't handle 4K @ 60Hz on 1 screen, so the monitor would pretend to be made up of 2 smaller ones in order to get 60Hz. This is no longer required nowadays and you shouldn't buy one of the old monitors that did this shit.

I personally use a LG 27MU67, 4K 60Hz IPS screen, factory calibrated, comes with FreeSync too. It's gorgeous and I'm very happy with it.
>>
Is there any way I can look at these monitors first-hand before I buy? I'm from Dublin and don't think we have any hardware shops that would have 4k monitors on display. It's not really that i don't trust products on Amazon but it might be better to see them compared with my own eyes rather than videos on youtube or something.

>>56203945
dear God that's cheap

>>56204051
thanks anon. I must be thinking of something else then, not screen tearing. I remember hearing cheaper monitors can flicker on refreshing. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll come across the name some time over the next while.
>>
The P2415Q from Dell is pretty great for about $380.
Being only 24" gives it a super sharp picture that isn't TV huge.
The colors are nice and it has good viewing angles since it's an ips panel.
Its stand has height, tilt, rotation and orientation adjustment that is easy to use.

Honestly the main feature is getting all those pixels in a fairly high quality ips for under $400.

I have noticed in general that smaller sized, higher pixel density screens are cheaper than their 27" or 32+" counterparts.
>>
>>56203807
You do realize that 144hz isn't just for gaymz? Having a higher refresh rate improves your overall desktop experience. It's much better to invest in 1440p 144hz because you will get desktop space + everything looks butter smooth.
>>
>>56203807
Doesn't Dell have a 4k Ultrasharp for ~$500?
>>
>>56204533

What gfx cards can even handle 1440p 144hz? i didnt even think the 1080 could.
>>
>>56204635
I would invest in a 1440p if I didn't exclusively use it for gaming. The amount of extra desktop space compared to 1080p is crazy. I'm pretty sure that the current top-of-the-line GPU can handle it.
>>
>>56203807
Try your luck with crossover 4k monitors on eBay. I tried the Acer Predator 32 inch at microcenter, very nice monitor, but it's $1200+. Personally I have the PB287q but wish I could of got a 32 inch.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.