[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

asus cpu light is on, motherboard won't post. Ripped the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: german autism.jpg (459KB, 1010x819px) Image search: [Google]
german autism.jpg
459KB, 1010x819px
asus cpu light is on, motherboard won't post. Ripped the whole thing apart and put it back together. Same shit, tested different power supply, tested different cpu, cleared cmos. About to manually flash the bios, then throw the mobo in the garbage.

Am I missing anything here, could it be some jumper or switch I overlooked? The tpu and epu switches are off.
>>
>>56202156
Who is this nazi loli?
>>
>>56202166
I get my desktop art at konachan.com
>>
bump please help, just wanted second opinion, it's the mobo right guise?
>>
>>56202166
austism
in german form
>>
>>56202156
What POST code does it give?
>>
>>56202293
not posting at all, asus boards come with diagnostic lights in the event the board won't post either the ram or cpu or vga light will come on.

So I got this solid red light by cpu, asus tech says it's bricked but just wanted to make sure.
>>
>>56202327
Post code = / = posting

It's a code given either visually or audibly to help you identify your problem.
>>
>>56202345
yes I know what a post code is, the speak is plugged in no beeps, and no keyboard flash. It refuses to post.

All the fans spin up, the lights come on, but no post. Tried mobo on different power supply same thing.
>>
>>56202357
Have you tried replacing the RAM and removing whatever PCI-E cards you have?
>>
>>56202432
yea I took all the ram out, placed one stick in the A-1 slot. Removed all fans and cards even vga card. Breadboarded it so it was just the mobo, cpu, and psu. Same shit.

The reason I doubt that it's bricked is that it just died when it was left on overnight so I thought for sure it was a heat problem. But from what I'm seeing it's shock damage as far as I can tell.

Hoping I'm missing something silly.
>>
have you tried jumpstarting PSU?

similar shit always happens to my rampage IV extreme. Shit just refuses to turn on even with all the light up, though in my case my fans never started up.
>>
>>56202564
all the fans start up, the motherboard is halting the post sequence at the cpu. The tech at asus said it's either a bad cpu or motherboard.

Jumpstarting psu you mean as the paper clip trick? I can try that.
>>
>>56202603
nvm, mine refuses to start up in general.

until I jumpstart it.
>>
>>56202629
I'm just in denile I suppose, this is my first bad motherboard and it worked fine for 2 years. Very strange.
>>
>>56202156
That happened to me. Repair place said the thing was shot or something.
>>
Which asus mobo? did you do any overclocking of CPU or GPU
>>
>>56202166
She's just radioactive pudding
>>
>>56202933
m5a99x

no overclocking, board is in mint condition, no sign of damage.
>>
File: AMD mobo itx.jpg (93KB, 713x436px) Image search: [Google]
AMD mobo itx.jpg
93KB, 713x436px
>>56203177
>m5a99x
>AMD mobo
nope, nope, nope nope nope nope nope
>>
>>56203196
so I got it breadboarded again, about to flash bios, ill let you know if it works.
>>
>>56203286
How are you flashing bios? I have a board that I'm borrowing forever that looks like that and is experiencing the same symptoms
>>
>>56203375
you're gonna need a usb and the bios file itself
>>
>>56203385
Then turn on the board?
>>
But did you check positions of your ram dimm's? Won't post if in wrong order
>>
Smell the board. Is it coppery/ acidy (You know what smell I'm talking about it's the really sweet one from battery chargers/ cheap electronics?
If you smell that you probably have a broken capacitor.
>>
plug a fan into the cpu fan header
>>
>>56202229
when you take memes too far
>>
>>56203375
there is a flash bios button on the mobo, you just plug a flash drive into it with the new bios on it. Tried it still nothing.

>>56203385
>>56203398

>>56203429
smells fine, no sign of damage
>>56203437
did that. tried all the cpu fan plugs, they all work, still won't post.

going to try and return it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.