[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your stance on piracy, /g/? I do not have any pirated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: 1441049235490.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441049235490.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
What is your stance on piracy, /g/?
I do not have any pirated softwares or games in my current install now but I have tons of pirated movies and songs.
>>
Literally nothing wrong
>>
if you wont buy it anyway, what money do the devs get,i have pirated games and then bought them when i had the money
>>
>>56200005
What about software?
I'm all for free as in freedom but there are just some stuff that the free alternatives cannot do.
>>
>>56200045
well then you stay with free its simple, and honestly is there something a free altearnative cannot do, there are a lot of people working on free alternatives for everything
>>
>>56200045
hes talking about pirating stuff, not finding free alternatives
>>
File: Karl_Marx_001.jpg (375KB, 639x910px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx_001.jpg
375KB, 639x910px
>pic related
But seriously, like the other anon said, if you aren't going to buy it anyway it doesn't really make a difference.
Like I'm not going to pay $1000 for Photoshop, but if I download it now and get used to it the chance that I will buy it in the future still increases.
If there hadn't been free ways to watch anime I would most probably never gotten into it, but now becasue I have I will probably buy some series/figures in the future.

The ones that loose the most at piracy is probably those who have made shit content. Because people can now try it and realize it's shit, were as in the past people would still have to buy it to try it out reassuring some profit/less losses.
>>
Talking about this, will this site get raided if you post a way I can get Minecraft on my phone? I haven't been able to find that, anyways cool, everyone download cars right now fuckers
>>
>>56200184
dude really. there is like a shit ton of torrent sites
go on google, you wont get swat at your door for looking it up
>>
>>56199907
>vidya games
Steam
>music
Spotify
>movies/shows
Netflix/HBO GO

I don't need to download anything
>>
>>56200240
literally me. i've got it even in poland for reasonable prices (except vidya)
>inb4 poland hurr durr plubmer
some intelligent people here trust me
>>
one of my flatmates has not pirated anything ever, but is an aspiring game dev, meaning he pumps money to Adobe, M$, etc on the regular and doesn't block any ads. whenever he says something like "shit i have no money for rent" i just want to kick his teeth in.
>>
>>56199907
Copying is not theft.
>>
>>56199907
Nearly everything on my computer is pirated.

My Windows 7, my videogames, my Microsoft Office, my security apps, my movies, etc.
>>
>>56199907
>What is your stance on piracy, /g/?
I don't do it mostly for security reasons.
>>
>>56200240
>Steam
DRM
>Spotify/Netflix/HBO GOY
Horrible quality.
>>
>>56200315
I thought you said portland okay kurwaa gom agai
>>
>>56200403
you have to be borderline retarded to get a virus from a torrent, just dont download GTA V with a size of 1gb and extencion exe.cmd.novirushere

and if you are talking about the FBI get a VPN
>>
>>56200492
You can vpn on my penis if ykwm
>>
Intellectual property isn't property at all.

Property - something that you can own, and that another person can morally be punished for taking from you - includes only things that are scarce. Something that my taking from you would deprive you of the use of. I'm all for the protection of private property. But if it's not a tangible object, it isn't property at all.
>>
>>56200240
When those places die?
>>
I'm not comfortable for paying for software, but I pay for games because I like the developers. Software companies need to market their people so that I care about them and want to support them financially.
>>
>>56200566
Steam/HBO GO/Netflix
>dying
yea i dont think this is going to happen in the near future
>>
for things like games, music, shows and films it can be a good thing for the consumer to pirate in order to find out whether the medium is worth their time, without any preconceptions like "i paid good money for this, so it better be amazing". having said that, i make it my mission to make sure i pay for things i actually enjoy.
>>
If more software was donationware or pay what you want I wouldn't pirate as much.
>>
>>56200596
They will eventually, and when they do you have spent a shit load of money and have noting to show for it.
>>
I pirate literally everything i use.
>>
>>56200669
They're paying for a convenient service. It's their choice what they want to spend money on.
>>
Unless it's a multiplayer game whose community will be dead in a few years anyway, I don't see any reason to buy games from steam. It's a glorified rental service at best.
>>
>>56200184
Pretty sure you can just get the apk, no?
>>
>>56199907
You mean't filesharing

Richfaggots gotta stop caring about it, since once the internet was made, all content should be fucking dead and focus on other productive shit like Math and Physics, etc.

Those cocksucking screaming faggots called MPAA and RIAA are just gonna be jews forever so the little artists crybabies would stop crying for the money they will gain anyway

Plus, filesharing is very unpopular comparing to streaming, so why do they still waste money on that
They gotta focus on streaming and do other productive shit
>>
>>56200706
Of course, and I understand why they like it. It's just my personal opinion not to pay for something which you wont keep.

>the stream will cease to flow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGOSn5vLsE
>>
>>56200492
>you have to be borderline retarded to get a virus from a torrent
There's more to malware than obvious 5kb executables for video games.
>>
I can't remember the last time I bought music, PC games, movies, or software desu. I'll donate to some artists, or devs if I absolutely LOVE their products, and occasionally see movies because I don't want to wait for good blu ray rips.
>>
why did all the public sites have to be taken down?

i deserve everything for free
>>
>>56200862
Niggers @ MPAA and RIAA

Just search everywhere, there is no way that torrenting will die unless the internet gets finally kill completely and our devices wouldn't work anymore
>>
>>56200926
i mean, i had everything i ever wanted already stored and backed up, but i wouldn't have minded grabbing a few tv series, as i have none at all.

also I never did get the james bond movies either, damn
>>
>>56200997
Just keep on searching and try to learn Russian

Also take care of data degradation or else your movies will get lost forever
>>
>>56201079
yeah lad, i had a close call last month

>my only external hdd with everything, and I mean everything on it starts to randomly stop working at times
>would shut off with the slightest nudge
>panic.jpg

>go to store, pay $30 dollars more than I would have if I ordered online
>$100 for a 2tb ext hdd
>copy everything
>transfer takes multiple hours
>put new HDD back in packaging, won't use it until current one is dead
>>
>>56200145
anon gets it
>>
>>56201132
Yeah, get a new one every few years and keep it in a cool dry place so it doesn't get fucked by the sun's heat or the humidity

Since not even a filesystem can save you from that, the hardware is what really matters
>>
OP, a better way to start this thread would be asking /g/ what it doesn't pirate. For me, its books. I like physical books.
>>
>>56201240
Kek this

I don't pirate books either, and haven't pirated and software since 2013
Only chinese cartoons and movies here
>>
>>56200100
>is there something a free altearnative cannot do
DAW
photoshop(YMMV, highly subjective)
video editing
>>
>>56199907
nobody gives a shit
>>
I pirate stuff I use that would otherwise cost me a lot of money. Photoshop, TV shows mostly. But once I got all my classic shows I wanted I stopped. Now just the occasional vid for my g/f or co-workers. I did pirate Win 7, Win XP, Server 2003. Office 2007 I stole from work (IT dude's there were dumb enough to keep all install files + key on a net share for all to see) The only os I've bought in a long time was Windows Home Server 2011.
>>
File: ukKsXKq.jpg (53KB, 676x960px) Image search: [Google]
ukKsXKq.jpg
53KB, 676x960px
>>56199907
Free advertising for the companies, since I wouldn't buy their software anyway.
>>
I haven't bought music since I was 9. Don't buy DVDs either. As far as software I've pirated every version Windows I've used, and Photoshop. Now I just use Linux but still pirate music.

I buy physical books and I buy video games though.
>>
>>56200045
>What about software?
Generally software that is pirated the most is pirated because the price point is asinine, or some other outright fuck up like DRM. That said it is totally deserved in most cases.
>>
I copy the shit out of tv shows and movies but I don't really consider it piracy because it isn't stealing.
>>
>>56202139
i wouldn't say that about games
>>
>>56200130
He looks like he's about to POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>56201932
If you could actually make infinite copies of something material and giving them to other people the economy would be ruined in less than a week
>>
>>56200184

Fuck off underage.

Thank you for binging this kind of shit Floens.
>>
It's easier and better, plus I'm (maybe) taking money away from crybaby companies. What's not to like?
>>
Theft is morally indefensible. I have had to spend literally in excess of ten thousand dollars on my music and movie collection to be able to see the movies that interest me and listen to songs that seem like they would be good. I have been burned a few times, but it is the only ethical way to do it.
>>
>>56202164
why do you love Sawano?
>>
File: steal_this_comic.png (44KB, 498x469px) Image search: [Google]
steal_this_comic.png
44KB, 498x469px
>>56202985
what now?
>>
>>56201393

Reaper's "free", better than any other daw i've used.
>>
>>56204388
you haven't used many daws.
>>
>>56205047

And you probably haven't used reaper and you probably drink lattes.
>>
Well, technically unless you bought the DVD/BD box, paid for a suscription service or the series itself is free in a streaming service, every anime downloaded is pirated.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.