[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Tell me why I shouldn't go Blackberry. I value security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: harambe.jpg (527KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
harambe.jpg
527KB, 1050x1050px
So... Tell me why I shouldn't go Blackberry. I value security and usability and I want something that's very stable. I am waiting for a new blackberry with BBOS to come out. I wish they had android integrated and not just Amazon store... Help me /g/, help.
>>
>>56196866
Android security updates will likely not last long since blackberry is still dying
>>
>>56196908
But my focus is BBOS. If they have integrate apps who cares about their security updates? I know that Blackberry is on life support but the Passport went pretty good.
>>
>>56197045
the passport has no apps if it really isn't android, and the new android flagship with all the security features is android. security updates are security updates, you don't get them, you're compromised.
>>
>>56196866
Is that a picture of harambe?
>>
>>56198114
Yes.
>>
WE
>>
>>56196866
>I value security and usability
iPhone
>>
>>56198114
>>56198181
no
harambe is handsome
she is ugly
>>
>>56198381
I'll give ya that one...
>>
>>56196866
Go for it, OP. You're about to pick up one of the best phones you can get. I'd recommend not waiting for a new BB10OS model, sadly I don't think there'll be any more. Just pick up a Q10, Classic, or Passport.
>>
>>56198380
this
>>
>>56196866
I'm getting a Classic once my htc one m8 dies, which will be this year. A lot of corporate tech professionals use BB10 devices for security purposes, great OS. You can sideload android apks onto them too, so you can pretty much use anything that isn't already in the BB or Amazon app stores, BB store apps will have the best integration though. iPhones are secure but offer you much less as a user, you can tweak and customize BBs much more and BB is lightyears more respectable as a company. BB battery life is great. BB10 devices are well priced compared to current popular phones, too. No reason not to get one unless you need any android apps that also require google play framework to work.
>>
>>56199250
You can also install the Play Store and for some apps that require Google Play Services you can patch them to run anyway
>>
>value security

Nexus
>>
>>56196866
>Tell me why I shouldn't go Blackberry. I value security and usability and I want something that's very stable.
Answered your own question.
Blackberry are circling the plug hole right now and trimming their product line down to the minimum.
BB and MS are vying for 3rd place with <5% each of the market. Apple is "doomed" with ~25%.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.