[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else like to play their PC games on a TV in a separate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hdmi-female-connector.jpg (85KB, 690x379px) Image search: [Google]
hdmi-female-connector.jpg
85KB, 690x379px
Does anyone else like to play their PC games on a TV in a separate room? What method do you use?

Up until now I'd been using a 50 foot HDMI cable, which worked perfectly for my old TV. However, since I upgraded to 4k I find myself getting a very noisy image with intermittent periods where the screen just goes blank. From what I've seen, it looks like I either need an active HDMI cable, a signal booster, or an ethernet HDMI extension. Is any of these methods significantly more reliable than the others?
>>
>>56189479
Senpai Im not reach enough to have multiple gaming rooms 50 feet away from each other
>>
>>56189553
Do you not have a living room and TV?
>>
>>56189479
Do you also have an over 50 feet usb-cable for your input device?
>>
>>56189576
What living room, nigga?

I rent a I bedroom apartment and everything is in my bedroom.
>>
>>56189589
Yeah, I have a 50 foot active USB cable connected to a powered hub, with which I use either a Steam controller or DS4 (via bluetooth dongle). Also got a wireless keyboard for the living room for comfy couch browsing.
>>
With 4k video, more data is needed to be sent, so 50ft is too long. Longer the cable, the more noise there is, and the way more data is sent is to increase fidelity of the signal. Short story, higher data throughputs through the same cable suffer more from noise. And with digital there's perfect signal or garbage, the extra noise pushes it over the edge from signal to garbage.

Move the computer closer to the 4K screen.

Or an active cable
>>
>>56189668
Thanks, but how will I know that a particular active cable is capable of 4k60, or will they all work? Reading FAQs and reviews on Amazon hasn't really cleared that up for me.
>>
>>56189788

HDMI 1.4 and up supports 4k.
>>
you might try using a valve's steam link or the nvidia equivalent maching, whatever that thing is called (shield?)

they transmit via network cable, which should cope with the distance invovled better than a hmdi cable.

i don't have one, so i can't say for sure how they work or whatever. but i'm pretty sure they're build for the speicific purpose you're looking for OP.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/
>>
>>56190019
I actually got the Link day one but sold it in favor of a long HDMI cable. It seems far less efficient than running a cable, since I only live in a one room apartment.
>>
>>56189479
>>56189821
You need HDMI 2.0 or up for 4K at 60Hz.
HDMI 2.0 is also called "HDMI UHD".

I suspect frame rate could be the issue here, not just resolution.

Any 2.0 (UHD) cable should do the job, regardless of length.
But you might not be able to find one that's long enough.
>>
i think if at all possible, i'd put the computer at the halfway point between the computer interfaces and the couch (or whatever) interfaces
that'll half the distance signals need to travel at the very least
might solve something

personally i have my computer in a vented closet and run wires through drywall to two different rooms

gotta love having a powerful computer but not having to listen to fans
entering bios is an inconvenient dash though
>>
>>56189479
you need a 5G WHDI wireless solution
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-5G-WHDI-HDMI-High-speed_708261100.html
>>
>>56190486
oh, wait! It doesn't support 4K...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.