[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Total CPU Newbie here. Tired of the console bullshit and lo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: trash.jpg (48KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
48KB, 500x467px
Total CPU Newbie here.

Tired of the console bullshit and looking to get into PC gaming.... eventually. For the moment though I am looking for a low end gaming laptop. Something that can run last gen games - Borderlands 2, Arkham City, Dragon Age Origins, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Dead Space Trilogy, Mass Effect Trilogy, Saints Rows 3, ect halfway decently.

A friend recommended the Lenovo - Flex 4 1470.... but I'm not so sure. Thoughts/opinions?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-flex-4-1470-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5206701.p?id=bb5206701&skuId=5206701

TIA for any help/advice
>>
Bump. Does anybody have any input at all?
>>
>>56188357
> Gaming laptop

Just buy a cheap notebook if you have the need for a portable computer, then use the money left over to save for a proper PC. You'll be able to get something alot better for the same price as apposed to a 'gaming laptop'.
>>
>>56188407
I thought about going this route but space is limited and I'm gone for long stretches of time. I do plan on going this route when I buy something to play current gen games but I think I still want a laptop to play older stuff.
>>
Good choice going the Intel route at least, and CPUs have a higher failure rate in laptops I've seen (Former geeksquad employee as a college job). I'd probably get one of the iX processors and 6-8 gigs of ram. Gaming laptops are a joke, I agree with the laptop then gaming desktop idea. The laptop triangle is this: power, build quality, low price. Pick 2. Dedicated graphics is also the way to go. Onboard Intel graphics won't be fantastic.
>>
>>56188357
I would suggest saving up a little bit more and getting something like the Inspiron 15 with the 960M, the cheapest one is $800 but that would be much better to play those games and some modern ones in medium settings.

That Lenovo you are interested in is a decent machine but nowhere good for decent PC gaming.
>>
>>56188357
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as CPU, is in fact a computer, or as I've recently taken to calling it, a PC. A CPU is not a system unto itself, but rather another resource of a fully functioning computer system made useful by the RAM, hard drive, graphics and various included cards connected as defined by the PCI standard.

Many console users run their own version of a CPU every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of a computer that is widely used today is often called a "CPU", and many of its users are not aware that it is a computer system developed by Lenovo.

There really is a CPU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. The CPU is just the central processing unit: the piece that provides processing resources to the OS and other programs that you run. The CPU is an essential part of a computer, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete system. A CPU is normally used in combination with the rest of the components in the system; the whole system is basically a Laptop with a CPU added, or a PC. All the so-called "CPUs" are really PCs.
>>
File: 1470795201582.png (701KB, 475x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470795201582.png
701KB, 475x375px
>>56188541
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.