[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, I'm about to move into a new flat and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 14689_8u124y89h_9010.jpg (108KB, 1295x698px) Image search: [Google]
14689_8u124y89h_9010.jpg
108KB, 1295x698px
Hi /g/, I'm about to move into a new flat and I've got a fairly large sum on money to work with, me and my girlfriend are both earning and we've got basically no outgoing expenses besides rent/bills so suffice it to say, I've got enough to have fun with on the technology front.

SO, what I want to do, is get a few things set up and I wanted to see what ideas you lot had for solutions to these.

First:
4k TV, minimum 32inch, ideally 37-40inch, 120fps would be awesome but I'd settle for 60fps (yeah I know I'm not getting 120fps 4k, but if it was capable of 60fps 4k, 120fps 1080p/1440p, that would be ideal).

I then want to set up a streaming solution for that TV so I can stream to it directly from my PC. But I want to do this from a PC in another room with plenty of walls in the way, AND my internet connection isn't likely to be that great, between 8 and 12mbps.

So, I'm thinking there must be a solution where I can do that via the local network or ideally via ethernet so I don't I have to worry about the internet being needed to do so. Not sure how possible that is but in theory two devices should be able to link over the same network without that network needing to be connected to the internet at all right?

And then of course a speaker system to go with that TV... nothing tooo over the top. I value making the place look neat so I don't want a huge surround sound system, I want good quality and minimal space usage.

I'm also open to any suggestions for where I can burn some money on technology that you'd want if you had a brand new flat to play with.

So yeah, have at it.
>>
Dragon dildos
>>
>>56185128
whats your favorite anime
>>
>>>/advice/
>>
>>56185128
>renting
save your money and buy cheaper shit so you can buy and live in a proper house
>>
>>56185192
Yuru Yuri
>>
>>56185224
This

Be patient
>>
>>56185128
>>56185128
go fuck yourself
>>>/adv/
>>
Gentoo
>>
>>56185128
>4K TV 32"
I hope that's a joke
>>
>>56185128
Nice, you're all faggots here. And even better you think it's possible for me to buy a flat of the standard I'm renting.

I don't have a mil lying around in the bank and as I'm under 25 I'm not going to foot the 40% deposit they'll ask for.

And if I did, it'd make more economic sense to invest it in stocks rather than dumping it into a housing market that's heading for an inevitable crash.
>being this retarded
>>
>>56185256
Got to set a minimum somewhere.
>>
>>56185286
>he lives in this much of a 3rd world
>can't get a house by 23 years old like most normal people
May as well waste your money on dragon dildos
>>
>>56185298
Do you even money?
>>
>>56185310
Yes, 23 is anecdotal, but 25 is not too late
>>
>4k 32 inch tv

Try 50 inch minimum
>>
>>56185329
Why would I dump money into a mortgage that I could dump into shares?

If I had that kind of capital lying around the last thing I'd be spending it on is getting a mortgage and being stuck in the same place for the rest of my life.

I understand many of you guys get off on sitting in your basement spouting "gentoo" over and over while enjoying some level of fulfillment at the idea you might know some vague thing about computers that somehow make you better than other people. And idolize your own parents that bought into the idea that settling down and getting a mortgage at a young age is actually a good way to live life.

But other people are slightly more intelligent and want more out of life than that.

Is anyone going to bother giving me a response or are you all too far up your own asses to bother thinking about this. When it clearly seems by nobody giving me an answer none of you are intelligent enough to do so.
>>
>>56185228
hmm good choice you've put me in a predicament
>>
>>56185331
Wanna give me a reason why? 50inch TVs in my experience have always been oversized and overpriced. 40inch has been a sweet spot in my experience, although not owned a 4k TV before I don't see why that would make a difference?
>>
>>56185388
>he's going to raise a family on rented property
lmaoing @ your life
>>
>>56185435
Why the fuck would I want kids at any time in the next 10-20 years?
>>
>>56185128
You could just do really long HDMI cables, I guess, but the better thing to do would be to have a home server that the TVs could pull data from for video. If you really need your gaymen, then steam's in-home streaming works well - just put a cheap small HTPC in your living room and use that.
>>
>>56185128
The fuck is that couch? That makes no sense.
>>
>>56185128
i came
>>
op is a fucking retard
>>
>>56185128
>, ideally 37-40inch,

lol. What's the point in having money to waste on a tv and not buying a 60" one?
>>
>>56185128
off topic, but how can I take a picture like that? What lens did they use?
>>
>>56185128
is that a render or a real life?
Holy fuck I should invest in real GPU and VR equipment
>>
>>56185224
I for one would never trade an apartment in a nice European city for what Americans call "proper house" (ie. shit built from cardboard in some distant suburbs).
>>
>>56191359
>tfw you will never own a comfy little siheyuan in the city

Just end me now senpai
>>
Buying a house is a meme, maintenance, travelling costs associated with being in a back ass suburb, property taxes, and interest on a loan are almost always more expensive than rent itself for a comparable apartment.
>>
>>56191730
at least you live in complete silence, you don't have to see your retarded neighbors everyday, nobody is drinking alcohol under your fucking window, etc.
Also you got a lot more space that you can use it many ways. Ever wanted your very own datacenter? Or maybe a nuclear bunker?
You can build one in your basement, or even under it.
But yes, this requires some monies, which you don't have and you'll never have. Kek.
>>
>>56191287
It's a render

Otherwise, you could use some ultra wide angle but there would be more distortion
>>
>>56185224
Unless you win in the lottery or somehow come across a large amount of money, you shouldn't buy a house. Getting a loan is the stupidest thing you could do.
>>
>>56191853
Thank you!
>>
>>56192091
>Getting a loan is the stupidest thing you could do.

What an idiotic notion. Loans are absolutely a wise idea as long as you get one that will suit your purposes and you can manage. Only an idiot with no ability to manage their own finances are afraid of loans.

That's in contrast to the idiots who cannot manage money and get deep into debt.
>>
Ball room.
>>
>>56192091
Get out of here underage shit

>>56191730
You've never filed for a tax return have you? You get more money back if you own property, and any expenses made toward the house can be filed so you can get some of that back too. I'm 23 and have my own house already. Only a true fool would think renting is better than owning.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.