[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Managed to fuck up and expose my S7 edge to water damage. Gave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Managed to fuck up and expose my S7 edge to water damage.

Gave it issues with recharging
also the front camera is fucked apparently

still works somewhat if i turn off the phone, i can charge is for just a tad.

What the fuck do i do /g/? Is it dead?
Wasted a lot of money on that shit and dont feel like wasting even more on a technician. Anything i can do from home?
>>
>>56180592
Found a couple of guides online on how to take the thing apart, and i do have the tools for it too
>>
>>56180605
this will void your warranty.
let it dry then complain to the shit store about their overpriced piece of junk magically not working anymore.
fucking cocksuckers charge $300 for a $50 oled screen... fucke them.
>>
So you exposed your phone to something else with water damage? I think you mean you exposed your phone to water and damaged it
>>
>>56180592

Use insurance money to buy an iphone 7 next month.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
I scratched the fuck out of my screen when I was drink. I thought one of the gandhis at the mall could fix it for like under 100$, turns out this is one of the most difficult phones to fix and it costs like 300$.

With insurance it should only be 150$ hope you bought it.
>>
>>56180817
Don't phones have some sort of physical fuse that shows water damage?

I swear I'm not tripping and have read that somewhere, maybe on a camera.
>>
>>56181143
Im not a native english speaker, thank you
>>
>>56181405
you what dude>?
>>
>>56181370
no phone's screen is easy to replace these days
>>
>>56182214
they're easier then legos..
but cocksuckers charge out the ass for it
becuase they're cocksucking faggots
>>
>>56180592
No seriously, i read somewhere that theres a thing inside the charger that stops it from charging if it senses anything humid? what the fuck do i do guys?
>>
Lmao at least you didn't type the operator unlock code wrong 9 times in a row like my brother did, now he can't even use his phone like a phone, has to carry a flip phone with him
>>
>>56182214

Google told me the s7 edge is a bitch to fix. Idk I would probably fuck it up.
>>
Isn't it water resistant?
>>
>>56181630
Not the same guy, but here

https://youtu.be/Hh_XgrcQ9oo?t=133
>>
>>56180592
Just order a set of fresh water damage indicator stickers and use a really fine pair of tweezers to gently lift off the sticker that's over one of the screws that exists solely to tell them if you've opened it and voided your warranty.

Now, carefully disassemble it in such a way that you can reassemble it without anyone being able to tell, make sure you clean out every droplet of water, replace the water damage indicator stickers (there will be one near the battery, and another inside the phone itself... They're the little white square or circles that turn pink or dark red depending on the amount of water they come in contact with and for how long), put it back together, put the warranty screw sticker back on.

Now send it off for warranty replacement because you have now made it impossible for them to tell that the damage is due to liquid and it will seem like normal short circuit damage from defective assembly and you'll get a brand new one in no time.
>>
>>56181405
No. They use stickers that react to moisture. There's one near the battery and one with the actual internals because simple humidity can sometimes trigger the one near the battery to change color.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.