[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't generally have an antivirus program installed, since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: antivirus-for-computers.png (24KB, 1441x1440px) Image search: [Google]
antivirus-for-computers.png
24KB, 1441x1440px
I don't generally have an antivirus program installed, since IMO they're often nearly as detrimental to performance as the thing they're supposed to protect against, and 99% of the time i'm not stupid enough to get myself infected in the first place.

however i've recently spotted a couple processes I don't recognize and googling them has proven inconclusive, so I may have fucked up.

For an antivirus/anti-malware program that I will download, run once, and then uninstall, what would you recommend?
>>
>>56180065
Use GNU/linux
>>
>>56180083
well memed. I'd dig up a frog for you but I'm too tire.
>>
Malwarebytes? Just scan once a month or so.
>>
>>56180116
Malwarebytes is pretty good.
>>
>>56180065
brain
>>
>>56180116
>>56180120
thanks
>>
>>56180111
It's the best answer you'll find. It's easy to alter binaries to fool AV, you even learn that in uni.
Permanent protection or casual scans won't solve anything as they won't detect shit. Only shitty malwares devs by retards will be detected.
Set a good firewall, use the correct addons and settings on your browser and you won't catch anything.
People are willing to learn how to drive but not how to use a computer, fucking why? Having a private and secure life MUST matter to you, as much as knowing the street signs when you drive.
>>
Common Sense 2017 Platinum Deluxe Edition
>>
>>56180217
People are only willing to learn how to drive because a license is required to drive a car.
>>
Avira lol
>>
>>56180065
install gentoo
>>
>>56180217
>Set a good firewall, use the correct addons and settings on your browser and you won't catch anything.

yeah, that's what I do. I just may have fucked up on this particular occasion. If you've never made a mistake in your life, or fallen victim to a temporary security flaw in your browser that allowed something to autoinstall, good for you I guess.
>>
>>56180488
I use almost exclusively linux since I was 10yo and I'm 22 now. Never had any problem.
>>
>>56180536
well, I play the vidyagaems sometimes which often don't have linux versions, so it's not an option for me.
>>
>>56180065
I would go with avast and spybot myself
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.