[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of this show is true? Do you watch it? Name some examples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 20

File: mr-robot_H982Bc6.jpg (80KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot_H982Bc6.jpg
80KB, 600x549px
How much of this show is true? Do you watch it? Name some examples of hacking that could be consider "forced" or total bs.
>>
>>56172282
its all realistic
>>
>>56172310
>all
Nope
>>
>>56172282
>Name some examples of hacking that could be consider total bs

Hacking the FBI while being in a prison.
>>
>>56172311
???
>>
>>56172320
he just wrote the code
>>
The commands they type into terminal are all real and sensible. For example in season 1 when Elliot gets access to the E Corp system he types stuff like "ls", which is the real way you would list the contents of a directory, and in season 2 Angela is instructed to type some real ifconfig commands that would enable wifi.

However, everything is greatly simplified. It usually comes down to "./leet_haxor_script.py" which is technically a reasonable command (it would run a script called leet_haxor_command.py) but is effectively meaningless. We don't see how the script was written, just that a script was run. It's the equivalent of opening an app on your phone or an executable on your computer that hacks the gibson. Yeah such a thing could exist, but it's kind of a cop-out to suggest the characters are doing essentially one-click hacking.
>>
>>56172349
Yeah but i don't think there's a terminal in his cell, and then what? he just send the code ? If there was a computer in the prison i don't think you could just go on the internet and send shit like that.
Unless fat black was the director or some prisonbreakplotpoint shit.

I was enjoying the show until that last episode seriously it's like the writers are trying to out-shyamalan somehow by adding shitty twist that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>56172423
nigga, ray was a warden or a worker in the prisoner
he had access to computer
he gave elliot acces so that elliot could fix his tor craigslist site
elliot downloaded developer tools with putty & sshd into his shit
he ircd
he sent his sister the code
?????
prophet
>>
>>56172282
It's the most realistic tech show ever made. There are a few mistakes and a lot of fudging, but it's the best you're gonna get.
>>
>>56172311
>falling for the bait
>>
>>56172451
But you're telling me there's not one person checking the network ? Or just blocking it.
Also wtf is this shit with the female guard who was passing as his mother ? I don't think they're allowed in a male pen.
>>
They should have another name for him since he's not a robot but a normalfag.
>>
>>56172487
maybe is a low sec pen. I mean he just hacked shit, he is not violent.
>>
File: kino waifu.webm (808KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kino waifu.webm
808KB, 1280x720px
>you and angela will never do this
>>
>>56172514
We don't know yet why he's there. The show wants us to believe it's for murder though.
>>
>>56172487
he's in NY, i read somewhere if your sentence is under 2 years, you get put in a county jail. and others already mentioned that ray was some sort of higher up in the county jail, so he had access to internet + he was already running some illegal tor shit for who knows how long until the other hacker dude backed out so obviously his traffic was masked from any county jail IT person. as far as why he's in a county jail, it's probably because the guy who was cheating on his wife with elliot's therapist reported him to the police.

>>56172559

no it doesn't, tyrell is still MIA in the news we see within the show, elliot wouldn't be in such a weak sauce jail for murder, he'd be locked up in a high security prison, especially since tyrell is an e corp guy.
>>
>>56172530
she looked like shit in s1
>>
>>56172671
no, u
>>
>>56172632
>tyrell is still MIA in the news we see within the show, elliot wouldn't be in such a weak sauce jail for murder, he'd be locked up in a high security prison, especially since tyrell is an e corp guy.

yeah i know tyrell's not dead, but from elliot pov we learn that elliot killed him so it's implied he's in prison for murder even though elliot's not a reliable narrator it's still the only info we're given from why he could be in prison.

But yeah i guess it makes some sense and the early episodes did a good job working with the twist (with the routine, basket ball game, lunch, when elliot was talking with other character outside the prison at the table, etc).

But still, it feels like they were looking for an other twist to do this season. It's cheap and i don't like it.
>>
>>56172762
>But still, it feels like they were looking for an other twist to do this season. It's cheap and i don't like it.

i mean, next time we'll learn angela is an assassin for the dark army and at the end of the series we'll see that elliot was in a coma after OD on morphin with his neighbors girlfriend-dealer.
And then they'll do an extra season because of the money when we'll see that it was all a dream from the beginning and mario will wake up wet as shit. And just go make himself a sandwich.
>>
>>56172344
i call bs on angela working for an it security company but needs to be instructed on how to use a livecd and the terminal
>>
What do people like about this shit show? Nothing in it is real, it's like Ocean's 11 The Geek Version
>>
Angela is pretty ugly. Hot, but ugly.
>>
>>56173170
Most things on TV aren't real. Doesn't mean it's not interesting for some people to watch them.

Most of /g/, specifically, probably personally identifies with Elliot (programmer, hacker, GNU/Linux-user etc.), so it makes this show more relatable and interesting to watch.
>>
>>56173219
>Most things on TV aren't real
Most things on TV are relatable to to real life, real events, or are at least entertaining. In Mr Robot there's none - the characters are worth of a cheap comic book, the hacking is lacking details to be interesting.
>>
>>56172282
Dumb retarded edgy liberal show.

Nothing's realistic, watch Halt and Catch Fire if you want a decent tech show
>>
>>56173255
>In Mr Robot there's none
To each his own. I find it entertaining.
>>
>>56172354
That. Somehiw being a script instead of a program or an app makes it realistic. After all making an interface having one button and a progress bar is so fake.
>>
>>56173287
Thaths because you are shallow pleb. You would be entertained by a 45 min spinning wheel
>>
Cant help but think this show is uber shilled here

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=mr+robot&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
>>
>>56173391
>>56172354
Are you fucking retarded?
First of all stop pretending you would understand that leex_haxzor.py script even if it was shown.
Secondly, this is a tv show made to make money and to appeal to masses not to programmers and hackers because they dont waste time watching tv brainwashing shows for kids.
>>
None of it
>>
>>56173434
Are you fucking retarded?
How what I wrote is different to what you say? This "hacker" show is using the same one-click-hack technique that other shows do albeit slightly different. Yet people say this is more realistic.
>>
>>56172310
Remember that time when Elliott just stepped in an elevator and walked to the Steel Mountain's restricted floor? There were no guards, security cameras, nothing. He just walked right in there and not a single person bothered to even look at him except Tyrell, but that happened in the bathroom.
https://youtu.be/Xnvqcz5lMiI
>>
>>56173465
It literally shows Elliot writing the script he used to exploit the Android zero day.

You are either truly fucking retarded or don't actually watch the show.
>>
>>56172282
So I see you're using gnome
>>
>>56172451
> ray was a warden or a worker in the prisoner
This is the only plausible explanation but was that ever hinted at in the show?
>>
In reality on man has as many specializations as he has.
>>
>>56172762

>doesn't know mr robot is BSing about tyrell being dead

dude can you not just watch something for an hour and stop everything else? is that so hard for you?

>twist

EVERYONE who goes on the INTERNET to discuss this show after each episode, came up with the prison/mental institution theory after ep 1 of s2

it was pretty much a twist hidden in plain sight, too obvious for the normies to believe it. the real twist is that leon works with whiterose and that the dark army is keeping an eye on elliot.
>>
Question.

I don't watch TV.

Is this worth watching over reading a book?
>>
>>56173392
Stay mad, faggot while enjoy my show.
>>
>>56173804
No

Keep reading books only and thinking you're hip
>>
>>56173817
If watching TV turns me into a nigger like you, I guess I will stick to books.

Thanks fuckhead.
>>
File: jeb robot.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jeb robot.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Can they hack the polls and let Jeb win?

It's sad watching this scene at July.
>>
>>56173841
Somebody is mad

Did I burst your intellectual bubble? :^)
>>
>>56172530
I want to throat fuck Angela while she fingers my ass. :3
>>
>>56173804
no this shit sucks, i mean some books suck, but this show definitely sucks
>>
>>56173699
my guess would be captain of the guards as he bosses the others goons around. not too sure about a captain having a computer but the warden obviously would. something i didnt think about was that the basement they put him in would of been solitary confinement
>>
>>56173741
>doesn't know mr robot is BSing about tyrell being dead
>dude can you not just watch something for an hour and stop everything else? is that so hard for you?

I think you can read can you ? I know mr robot is BSing about tyrell. What part of "i know tyrell's not dead" made you think i believe mr robot on that ?

>it was pretty much a twist hidden in plain sight
that's how you write a twist dude.
>>
File: rubber-duck.jpg (52KB, 597x397px) Image search: [Google]
rubber-duck.jpg
52KB, 597x397px
In the last episodes, angela us a Rubber Ducky, which is a real thing that simulate keyboard firmware to type a set of inputs.

http://usbrubberducky.com/#!index.md
>>
File: 1373422543853.jpg (78KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1373422543853.jpg
78KB, 500x470px
I'm a real h4x0r so it's all true
>>
>>56172282
If they made hacking real, it would be extremely boring.

At least the writers made an effort to research or have consultants than CIS and most Hollywood productions where the hacker mashes their fingers at the keyboard before a huge ACCESS GRANTED text flashes on the screen
>>
Why did they show them using kali last couple of episodes? Wouldn't hackers of their caliber use LFS with the latest packages available?
>>
>>56172310
>realistic
yep, we talk to ALF all the time.
>>
>>56173972
Everything in the show is real, its just they have to take mad libs for the execution of plans and time allotted because it would take for fucking ever to pull it all off.

A lot of the situations are far-fetched, but very plausible, makes for great telly.
>>
The command line stuff is legit but there are also subtle easter eggs. For example, the main character looks like Pepe.
>>
>hacking whole prison's intranet by Bluesniff

zoz
>>
This show is about as realistic as it gets! No, seriously though, it's actually pretty fucking close to reality.
>>
Anybody who argues against this show is legitimately fucking retarded.
>>
>>56173096
Was she even in a tech position in Allsafe?
>>
>>56172282
It is all real.
The news is lying to you.
>>
>>56173269
Halt and Catch Fire is feminist dogshit
>>
>>56173699
one of the owners of the irl silk road was a prison guard, Ray is shown to be one of the owners of the in-universe silk road.
>>
>>56172282

All of it. Especially the secret societies and smart people are crazy bits.
>>
>>56172671
u u
u u
>>
Fuck it, /g/

I might finally give this a view
>>
>>56172487
>I don't think they're allowed in a male pen.
They are. My mother in-law worked as a prison guard. One of her female co-workers was a victim of a throat slashing. I'm surprised females are allowed in male prisons but I guess that's part of the whole equality thing.
>>
Why is it so hip on 4chan to hate on popular shows?
>>
>>56173096
> What's a rootkit?
>>
>>56177092
It's "hip" everywhere to hate on anything popular.
>>
>>56177092
Most of 4chan are autistic basement dwelling societal rejects, so they hate on anything that is popular because they consider the rest of society to be the enemy.
>>
>>56173502
There was security and guards, it's only he managed to bullshit his way past reception and intimidated the other dude to get past. The hard sell was the hacker bros cooking up and bunch of social media and articles making "Elliot" out to be some big shot rich company man.
>>
>>56177300
Yeah, every person I meet sure hate Game of Thrones.
Oh wait..
>>
>>56172282
I liked their use of a raspberry pie, but how did they connect to it? Wouldn't their network administer notice it?
>>
>>56172282
They literally stole half the story from fight club.
>>
File: fbifu.jpg (143KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
fbifu.jpg
143KB, 612x380px
>"Angela, I'm FBI."
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>56177680
I want to fuck her autistic face
>>
>>56177680
f*cking epic XD
>>
>>56177680
Her hair is gorgeous.
>>
>>56177680
She meant that Angela does not get to bring friends.
>>
File: schlick.png (531KB, 1261x706px)
schlick.png
531KB, 1261x706px
>>56177704
You're not the only one here wanting to do that :^)
>>
>>56177521
I don't think the network admin can see the status of the thermostat.
The RPi was hardwired in to raise the temp and physically corrupt the tapes.
>>
>>56177549
tribute != stealing
>>
>>56172354
Wut

Don't provide answers to questions you don't fully understand
>>
>>56172671
Fish eyes...
>>
>>56172762
>believing what mr robot says
>>
File: 1438046175209.png (152KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438046175209.png
152KB, 720x400px
It's accurate in that hackers apparently use Gnome and KDE
>>
>>56172671
she is even worse now
>>
>>56173699
yes, during all of the season
rewatch it
>>
>>56172282
It's a really, really dumb show which happens to get quite a few technical details right.
>>
>>56172487
A while ago there was a British guy in the news who was in prison for cc fraud and almost hacked his way out. IT security is shitty, it's probably even worse in reality than in tv
>>
>>56172282
It's as realistic as you can possibly expect from a TV show. Obviously they can't present real exploits and whatever.

Still, the TV show went to complete boring shit in the second season. Completely lost focus.
>>
Why's /g/ so triggered by this show?

What does /tv/ think of Mr. Robot?
>>
>>56172282
If you want a realistic representation of hacking, go watch that Angelina Jolie documentary Hackers. The follow up doc isn't that great.
>>
It's not too bad. He started writing a nginx config file last time.
>>
>>56181628
Wait, does it not get better in the second season?

I just finished the first season and it feels like it already dropped the ball in the last third.
>>
>>56177680
First time I saw female masturbation on TV. True story.
>>
>>56177521
The thermostat and a network connection via Ethernet meaning it phoned home, so taking it off the wall and stuff a Pi in the back to hijack the connection worked wonders.

I don't know if it was exposed to the internet or the crew had some other way of accessing the Pi, but it was a like a backdoor right into Steel Mountain's network.

Besides who the fuck has time to check on air conditioning? Most AC is old and crusty with super shitty security built in.
>>
>>56172671
She looks like shit in both seasons.
>>
>>56172530

>tfw too mexican to get a white grill with soft delicate fine features

why even live, muchachos?
>>
>>56181499

Watched most mainstream shows of the past 3-4 years, only one that can be objectively called better in terms of cinematography, acting and writing is True Detective, season one, but mcconaughey carried that show hard. Name something you consider better. Bet you'll name hipster autistic shows that are watched solely by you, the producers, and five methheads from Vietnam.
>>
>>56177680

Did that indian dude?
>>
>>56182142

I have no issues with the cinematography and acting. It is a very stylish and visually impressive show.

The writing, though is bad. The storyline is bad. The whole idea of "once I hack you, I can control you" is dumb nerd-fantasy (though they admittedly play it down the longer the show goes on). It starts as a show about a hacker trying to rattle the world and ends up being a show about a druggie.
>>
>>56182241
TV shows present impressive characters/actions/storylines or else nobody would watch it. Their hacking is not realistic, but it's close enough, it's entertaining and a good way to turn your brain off. A show about a neckbearded faggot social engineering his way into stuff wouldn't be as entertaining, would it?
>>
File: Angela-615x409.jpg (60KB, 615x409px)
Angela-615x409.jpg
60KB, 615x409px
I'd fuck her
>>
>>56182528
She's into black guys
>>
>>56182599
Good thuing im bl;ack then :))
>>
>>56182599
I am black tho
>>
>>56176714
I'm more surprised they apply
>>
>>56182610
What are you doing on 4chan of all places then?
Don't you have an old woman to assault?
>>
>>56182599
fuckin' coal burner, shame
>>
File: 1373588513200.jpg (38KB, 1187x526px) Image search: [Google]
1373588513200.jpg
38KB, 1187x526px
>>56182119
>the year of our lord 2016
>not having pure western european ancestry that remain unspoiled since your heritage immigrated to the USA hundreds of years ago
>not being a blond-haired, blue-eyed American
>>
>>56172282
it's not true at all, e corp doesn't even exist
>>
>>56172282

it's better than nothing.
>>
>>56172282
Its not perfect but its damn well better than anything else ive ever seen on tv.

and it is an enjoyable show even if season 2 has been a bit slow.

cant wait for the next episode
>>
>>56172282
it's a pretty good show. I'm liking season 2 since it's more daring on how it stylizes itself.

As someone who uses kali, most of the tools I see the characters use on the show are at least somewhat familiar to me. Some of it is built custom, too. All in all the show's hacking tactics are pretty damn realistic.
>>
>>56182790
>"pure"

take a genetics test and get back to me

also, get the fuck out my country you eurofag. Build the moat!
>>
angela is ugly but hot simultaeneosly. How does this work?
>>
>>56173269
>watch Halt and Catch Fire if you want a decent tech show

I like H&CF, though the completely irrational behavior of some of the characters starts to grate on me. I get that they need to create conflict in order to generate drama, but it just goes too far sometimes. Kind of like how in Lost, characters would lie to each other for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

As for its technical accuracy, pay attention to the first season. When whats-her-name Blonde punk hacker girl is trying to reverse-engineer the BIOS, she has a chalkboard or whiteboard. What's on it? Regular expressions. I can't think of any reason you'd be writing regular expressions when implementing a BIOS.

Anyway, H&CF is great for what it is -- a general fictionalization of the birth of the personal computer market -- but it's only technically impressive compared to mainstream television. I mean, we have to give some leeway. Nobody would watch a show about doctors where they spent the hour sitting there trying to convince an old person to take their diuretic pills and NOT to take their wife's salt pills because they don't like having to pee so much (actual even from my grandparents' lives). It would be boring as shit.

Or a cop show where you spend two hours booking a crackhead, then another hour and a half sitting in your car doing paperwork.

Real life doesn't make for compelling television.
>>
File: philosoraptor.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>56182687

So, "coal burner" is used by dumb rednecks to describe their "cool" de-smogged, over-rich diesel shitmobile trucks.

It's also used in a derogatory fashion by racist tards to describe women who like black men. Likely the overlap between these two groups is significant.

Puzzling.
>>
USA NETWORK SHILLS FUCK OFF
>>
>>56176542
The second season went 'stronk wymyn,' but the first season was pretty good, with Gordo doing his engineering things. >>56184454 is largely correct.

>>56172465
Silicon Valley is pretty good in terms of accuracy, though it's not about being accurate.

Pirates of Silicon Valley was also outstanding, but it was a one-off and is like 15 years old now.
>>
>>56184599
>Silicon Valley is pretty good in terms of accuracy, though it's not about being accurate.

S.V. is remarkable because of how they portray the social dynamics, and how they deal with the business side of things. The idea of a better compression algorithm is spot-on as a high-value tech project, but the kind of thing that regular television writers would never think of in a million years.

God, the three-comma-club guy was so fucking amazing. It truly is the Office Space of Silicon Valley. And as far as I'm concerned, Office Space is 100% as relevant today as it ever was for most places outside S.V.
>>
>>56184599
>Silicon Valley is pretty good in terms of accuracy

There's not one single shred of accuracy in SV, and if you think there is you should probably leave /g/. It's truly baffling for a show set in Silicon Valley and about tech companies and startups to have done so little research on its source material.

>first episode
>main character invents magical algorithm which compresses data beyond the proven theoretical limit for data compression
>people can tell it's lossless just by looking, without a spectral analysis
>>
File: _DSH7707.jpg (87KB, 882x587px)
_DSH7707.jpg
87KB, 882x587px
why did they go through all the trouble of dictating shit to type in the terminal instead of just handing angela some sh scripts that could require user input? are they that inept? makes you wonder how much of an idiot the fat guy is
>>
>>56184685

In terms of personality types and general SV business practices, it is spot on. Middle-out is obvious a macguffin, but the show needed something to build plots around.
>>
>>56184671
>The idea of a better compression algorithm is spot-on as a high-value tech project, but the kind of thing that regular television writers would never think of in a million years.

Person of Interest had people willing to kill for a new compression algorithm in 2013. This show is well known for having ludicrously inaccurate understanding of technology and even they thought of it. It's not hard to see that superior data compression is very valuable.
>>
>>56184685

>wants the show to really invent a super efficient compression algorithm

In the show they show a benchmark which takes some input, compresses it, extracts it and then compares the ouput to the input. Maybe that's not 100% correct(I really don't know, to me it seems solid but I'm not a compression expert) but who cares?

The show isn't even trying to be accurate but still for the most part it is

Fun fact: When they showed the newer offices of Pied Piper, the exterior was actually a shot of the previous Whatsapp HQ
>>
>>56172282
Everything that the show did can be done IRL and much more.
>>
>>56184714
now that I think about it, true
wtf, why not just do an sh
those niggas are dumb
>>
>>56184852
it kept going through my mind all the time i was watching that episode, it really bugged me. like wtf?! if i had to do something like that i'd have my shit prepared beforehand. when i do similar shit it involves walking by a place that interests me and i don't waste time typing, i just run a script and gtfo as quickly as possible
>>
>>56184852
>>56184906
But they weren't prepared for that part you bakas.
Did you even pay attention?
>>
File: Its-True-All-of-It-Han-Solo.jpg (199KB, 1080x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Its-True-All-of-It-Han-Solo.jpg
199KB, 1080x1680px
>>
>>56184906
Maybe they didn't want to store anything that could compromise Angela if the FBI guys got hold of her laptop before she had the opportunity to type out the commands
>>
>>56184791
I'm not saying they have to invent a real new algorithm, but they can at least be sensible about the pretend new algorithm their character is supposed to have invented and not have characters saying absurd shit like "wow look at that file size" and "i can't hear the difference", and trying to apply this brand new lossy compression algorithm (which by definition is discarding data deemed irrelevant) to spaces in which data loss is unacceptable.

We cringe when the CSI team creates a "gui interface using visual basic to track the killer's ip". To me what you hear on SV sounds just as absurd.
>>
>>56184934
explane
>>
>>56185053
cont
If she had the commands memorized there's no risk that anyone could have inspected her brain beforehand which is what she did
Probably paranoid about minimizing their risks, but she was walking into a FBI floor
>>
>>56185110
>wget -qO ~/script.sh http://cocks/script && bash ~/script.sh
>>
>>56185145
Whose internet is she gonna use to wget that?
>>
>>56184511
only niggers wonder about shit like that. Are you a nigger raptor?
>>
>>56185417
Don't make fun of him. His entire species literally died out because inferior genetics. It triggers him.
>>
The most unrealistic part is uTorrent on Linux, I guess.
>>
>>56186543
uTorrent has had a Linux client for years.
>>
>>56186598
Oh nevermind I get it, unrealistic because someone is actually using it.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>56172282
>show
>true
>>
>>56181720
Not him, but to me it did get better in this latest season
>>
>>56182687
...it's a show, dude
>>
>>56173096
thats pretty much everyone in IT. especially anything involving linux
>>
>>56173736
>networking
>scripting
>exploits and hacking
how is that too much?
>>
tyrell is next dubs guy
>>
>>56172530
wax that mustache bitch
>>
>>56182790
>not being a blond-haired, blue-eyed Scandinavian
What's it like, being a 3rd world citizen?
>>
>>56188573
He does give off a bit of a Bateman vibe
>>
>>56172530
She's a coalburning corporate whore, The fbi fembot is the only real qt.
>>
loved season 1 a lot.

havent even watched a season 2 ep yet lol.

any good? seems like they kinda jumped the shark after they invaded the headquarter and went all crazy hacking the building and shit.
>>
>>56186543
This did bug me a bit, but it was Darlene's laptop, wasn't it? She also uses Instagram and stuff so clearly she's not as concerned about privacy and free software
>>
>>56191456
it slows down after s1
way more 'intense' and 'deep'
>>
>>56191529
thats what i liked. dont like when they went full retard and drove around hacking the building and shit.
>>
>>56174354
No
>>
>>56184685
this guy fucks
>>
>>56172465
truth
>>
>>56182790
>hundreds of years ago
>240

kek
>>
>>56172762
>it's still the only info we're given from why he could be in prison
when he gets visited by darleen she says he chose to be there, he confirms.
he took the dog from his therapists ex bf to the vet, dog was chipped, i guess it will have something to do with this
>>
>>56173096
because those companies don't need sales or management ?
you guys have not seen tech guys handling business ever, have you? if you can do both you work for yourself
>>
>>56173465
https://www.wired.com/2015/08/peek-inside-mr-robots-toolbox/
https://www.wired.com/2016/07/real-hackers-behind-mr-robot-get-right/
http://www.wired.com/2016/07/mr-robot-hack-check-s2e2/

fucking NEETs can't enjoy a thing
>>
>>56173180
thin line my friend, thin line
>>
>>56173804
go and watch it, you might enjoy it
reading books and this shithole aren't your only time wasters, are they?
>>
>>56173972
Why not the teensy
>>
>>56174354
no
>>
>>56174830
he's on 4chan in season 1
>>56174882
what is escalation
i dont even
>>
>>56172320
FUCKING SPOILERS
>>
>>56172487
The prisoners don't have access to internet, just the workers. They don't need to watch the workers that closely and it's not like just any old prison IT guy would watch every single incoming and outcoming address to see if they're all safe. What Elliott would've done in there wouldn't be look any different from connecting to a site, downloading shit and uploading a picture or a text file unless you analyze it closely.
>>
>>56173699
the hint is his dog, only guards get to have dogs in prison
>>
>>56192110
No I have a girlfriend and lift too - when I'm not working my ass off.
>>
>>56190731
This, Angela can't even code.
>>
>>56182528
Not if she has something to say about it.
>>
>>56190731
btw that's meryl streep's daughter
>>
>>56192916
That explains her face. I would fuck her because of my thing for redheads.
>>
>>56172451
Nonono, that's not how it works. Elliot got v& too when he tipped the fbi about the ancap utopia website. The rape attempt? Happened in jail. The gorillas who were angry about their buttcoins got vanned too along with the op.
>>
File: dana-scully-costume-2.png (407KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
dana-scully-costume-2.png
407KB, 500x358px
>>56192937
>red heads

i blame scully for my thing for red heads
>>
>>56172354
Oh yes, running 'apt-get update' is such a realistic hacker move
>>
File: xfiles.jpg (92KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
xfiles.jpg
92KB, 1000x563px
>>56192962
She was such a cutie back in the day.
>>
>>56193010
are you referring to the bit where he's writing the zero-day exploit for the fbi?

he SSH to his home machine running kali from ray's windows machine which has presumably been left vacant for the months that elliot has been in prison, so updating his packages makes perfect sense
>>
This show would be pretty good if it was actually about technology and hackers instead of drug abuse and daddy issues. I couldn't make it through season 1.
>>
File: Independent thought alarm.png (2MB, 2600x1945px) Image search: [Google]
Independent thought alarm.png
2MB, 2600x1945px
>>56182396
>>>56182241
>TV shows present impressive characters/actions/storylines or else nobody would watch it.

That is patently false. Most people have not even bothered to develop a "taste" for character development or plot. It provides highly digestible characters/actions/storylines that largely conform to well-established tropes. Additionally, the writers have an ancillary goal of making the show accessible enough to join at any point, with the intent of attracting new viewers through word of mouth mid-series.

These shows are walking a fine line: they provide consumers with a conventional and highly digestible product, without becoming so boring that the audience can predict the outcomes. As a consequence, suspense replaces plot depth. The writers often aren't what you could call technically skilled, because they're expected to write for a ~5th grade literacy level. Instead, they're experts in sanitizing the plot to reduce offense or controversy.
Any cinematographic "quality" or leverage of special effects you have seen have been flattened to a standard because these features actually *reduce* the imagination required on the part of the audience, making the show even *more* viewable. If you don't believe me, go watch some of the original Star Trek series: they're more like plays on a stage than television shows on a set to the modern eye. Special effects and film quality have developed like wearing a business suit to court: so popular in practice that they've become essentially mandatory. It is better to bend the plot than ethics.

There are technical advisors on every set who know exactly what they're talking about yet *still* frequently have their input overruled by the director to sensationalize the plot to the action-adventure standard. It's not that realistic hacking can't be rendered into a visually appealing or plot-oriented form, It's that there's virtually no value perceived in doing so because the audience overtly seeks sex, guns, and dragons.
>>
>>56174830

o shit waddup
>>
>>56172311
jokes aside, they still look better than everything that aired on TV in the last 10 years.
>>
>>56173434
>First of all stop pretending you would understand that leex_haxzor.py script even if it was shown.

go back to /vg/ you fat fuck

if you can't do something that doesn't mean nobody can
>>
>>56172282
It's reasonable enough. Isn't that all that matters? Most of what happens in the show is possible, I can't think of a single thing in season 1 that isn't possible spare for maybe the jailbreak.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.