[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am having concerns that the IT industry will be unnecessary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1469771299423.jpg (442KB, 1589x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1469771299423.jpg
442KB, 1589x1191px
I am having concerns that the IT industry will be unnecessary but at the highest level.

But I've spent two years in school doing it and still enjoy it.

Anyone in networking/sys admin/database design have any comments on the IT industry as a whole?

Is it too late?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>56167360
No it's not too late, as long as you have an open mind, and the ability to pivot into different areas. I'll hang around and answer any follow up questions if you have any.
>>
>>56167360
>I am having concerns that the IT industry will be unnecessary but at the highest level.
>But I've spent two years in school doing it and still enjoy it.
>Anyone in networking/sys admin/database design have any comments on the IT industry as a whole?
>Is it too late?
>Pic unrelated

I'm assuming you've found a way to automate tech support?
>>
>>56167360
I jumped out of the tech train back in 2009 partly because I thought that it would be saturated by 2014. Looks like I was wrong.

The only reason that did not make me regret it is that I still want to be computer independant.
>>
>>56167687
Yeah this is the truth. Also the world doesn't need a bunch of software engineers, but we do need people who can write a bit of code. I don't see custom scripting and coding being automated any time soon.
>>
>>56167680
Is my drive to finding solutions to problems and making an efficient solution good enough?

I feel like I could prove my self in the field in something other than a call centre/help desk but without use of experience I usually don't get the chance.

I'm tempted to get my ccent and maybe part of my mcsa and go back to school for the coop in January
>>
>>56167830
To add I don't mind learning new software/shells/scripts if there is good documentation.

Sometimes I fall short when I don't have reliable information to follow

Its also hard in school because it doesn't feel lime I have a 'real' problem I need to fix compared to real life where it need to be working 100%
>>
>>56167830
Well I meant more along the lines of picking some niche area within IT to try to excel at. After a year or two on the help desk, start floating your resume out there, eventually you'll be able to get into a sysadmin or junior sysadmin role.

Or do like me, and say screw IT and start writing a bit of code. Then you don't have to worry about certs.

What interests you? I ended up picking up C# and database stuff, now I have an ASP.NET site I manage, a bunch of automation to allow me to be a little lazier and work on other solutions to problems.
>>
Not a DB designer by profession here but I was in charge of doing that during an internship once.
Long story short, the company decided to outsource that to India and I spent the first month of my internship fixing what they sent back.
So yes, competent IT pros are still needed and in demand even at "lower" levels.
>>
>>56167878
I never really experienced any "real problems" until I got into the real world. Then you'll see shit like people manually doing reports, and emailing them out everyday. It's pretty simple to create a connection to a database, run a query, throw it into an excel document, and email it out. You pass that little automation program over to whoever was doing all the manual work, people start loving you.
>>
File: 1467989342650.png (133KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1467989342650.png
133KB, 640x427px
>>56167360
Nearly every IT guy I've ever met was a complete assclown.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.