[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>90s >computers are magical, you could be entertained for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: nep nap.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
nep nap.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>90s
>computers are magical, you could be entertained for hours discovering how to do simple things in paint or wordperfect
>current year
>you can run multiple botnets you coded by yourself on a linux vm and are still bored with it
will computers ever be interesting again?
>>
>>56164590
I think what made it interesting was that back then computer programs weren't as complex and you were closer to what was actually going on. Now there's a dozen layers of autoconfiguration and magic and interpreters and abstractions in between when you hit enter and when something happens.

Try making a website. Back in the 90s I remember getting a library book about HTML and typing it into notepad. I signed up for geocities and uploaded it and my page showed up. there was a simple correlation between the stuff you had and what happened. Nowadays either you sign up for some blogging platform that does all of it for you and you just paste in some content and pick a theme, or you deal with setting up the web server, setting up PHP, dealing with a bunch of CSS, tons of JS everywhere to talk to the server and do things on the back end... There's so many moving parts now that diving into the details of whats going on gets you lost and frustrated instead of giving you that little hit of "Oh! That's how that works!"
>>
>>56164590
>will computers ever be interesting again?
No. Except if there is a nuclear war and you have to start all over.
>>56164731
/thread
>>
>>56164731

This is dumb though.

Computing in general is so complex and multi-faceted that you should never get bored.

Unless you are boring. Remember kids, only boring people are bored.
>>
File: 1469971430013[1].png (11KB, 581x377px) Image search: [Google]
1469971430013[1].png
11KB, 581x377px
>will computers ever be interesting again?
I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>56164590
>>56164731
>>56164778
>>56164923
>>56164928
Edgelord the /thread
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.