[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to learn everything about computers very fast in six months.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: y.jpg (80KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
80KB, 612x612px
I need to learn everything about computers very fast in six months.

Give me a roadmap.
>>
like what? hardware?
>>
install gentoo
>>
You won't be able to learn *everything* about anything in a lifetime, forget in 6 months.
>>
Install Arch. You'll learn everything about Linux which in turn teaches you everything about computers.
>>
>>56162392
Max you need to learn everything about anything is about 10,000 hours or ten years.
>>
>>56162455
In ten years computers will be anything but what they are today. You'll never stop playing catch up.
>>
>>56162433
>copy and paste from beginner guide to install
>after install, everything just werks
aaaaand you've learned nothing. OP, buy an A+ cert book
>>
>>56162310
>he wants to fall for the computers meme
lmfao
>>
File: 1471531647999.png (178KB, 1068x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1471531647999.png
178KB, 1068x1142px
>>56162310
>>
>>56162455
We still don't know everything about the universe and it's been way more than 10,000 hours or 10 years. :^)
>>
>>56162570
Well you can't know an unknown unknown.
>>
>>56162589

the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence
>>
>learn html
>install gentoo
>????
>100k / year starting
>>
Step by step then
>build a computer
Involves researching parts, terminology, compatability, the functions of firmware, chipsets, different architectures, etc
>install software
You will learn about what software does what, the differences between different OS families and their features, how file structure works across different platforms
>rice
Sounds dumb, but learning how to customize a desktop can teach you the basics of a light programming language or at least how to really dig into your choice of OS, wether that be messing with the core files of Windows to change your start button icon, or writing a big Lua sheet to weeb out your arch/i3 install
>break, repair, repeat
Purposely or accidentally fuck up your software, sudo rm -rf some shit, start raping your machine with malware, then try and bring it back to new again, it's a great bit of knowledge knowing how to fix common normie issues like ransomware
>set a goal, learn how to achieve it
Think of something you want to do, and learn whatever is needed to reach that goal. If you want a desktop clock written in Python, learn Python as you go, make a clock, then try something harder
>>
>>56162310
What do you actually need it for?
How competent is your examiner?
What kind of tests (if any) do you have to take to prove your knowledge?
What kind of work do you need it for?
answer us those if applicable and i can give you ressources
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.