[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is CS so hard? I honestly can't comprehend anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: ogJEGvN.jpg (89KB, 637x633px) Image search: [Google]
ogJEGvN.jpg
89KB, 637x633px
Why is CS so hard? I honestly can't comprehend anything past programming itself.
>>
take some breadth subjects?
>>
>>56158665
humanities?
>>
Nice reddit filename.
>>
>>56158704
it's an imgur filename
>>
>>56158681
idk or the other way
>>
>>56158654
>can't comprehend
Bullshit, you're just too lazy to comprehend.
If you truly want to comprehend something, try to explain it in your own words, figure out what you're missing, and then look up that thing in particular.
>>
>>56158654
That's a nice looking fucking cat.
>>
>>56158767
I'm talking about translating a problem categorically into mathematical language.
>>
>>56158817
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>56158828
He means he can't figure out how to create solutions to problems with out someone to tell him what steps to take I would imagine.
>>
>>56158828
he means he potato

or he dindu

probably both.
>>
File: List1.png (43KB, 1144x644px) Image search: [Google]
List1.png
43KB, 1144x644px
>>56158868
In that case, OP should get used to analytical thinking.
Ask questions, figure out what data you have and what you could probably do with it, develop ideas and don't discard them until you can prove they're wrong/inefficient.
It's not like smart people just shit out bright ideas immediately after reading a problem.
>>
Don't worry OP. You will scrape past first year, not have the fundamentals, easily pass 2 - 4 with help from your math study group and be part of the 80% of programmers who can't complete fizzbuzz.
>>
>>56159012
What is the actual number of people who can't fizzbuzz?
>>
>>56159012
I wrote a thesis in CS and I can't pass it
>>
>>56158654
Started the second year for computer engineering.
-Pro tip:
-> Learn the basics very well it will make it soo much easier later.
-> Put some effort in math it's not that bad. Make sure to understand it and not put it for later.
rest is easy
>>
Hey guys analytically think this for me please.

Say I have a two types of phone numbers. One with 10 digits, the other with 11. This is excluding all access codes like +1 for instance.

Now, I have an algorithm that removes access codes and non-number characters. What it does is normalize to 10 characters, just cuts off anything >10 from the beginning.

In this scenario, if a country uses 11 digit phone number instead of 10 digit. I now have an issue where the first number is not recorded in the number, thus I could end up displaying the wrong user since I identify with phone number.

How many errors is this? It would look like this:

AXX XXXX XXXX, only the last 10 numbers would be recorded accurately, so if two people have the same number from 10 digits down, (and the 11th A in the example would uniquely identify them) it would show each other.

Is it just 10 errors? Or is it like, 10*10! Or some shit? I have no clue, I feel like it's a lot of errors cause since its from the start it just ricochets down.
>>
>>56158654
>can't comprehend anything past programming itself.
This is the epitome of the CS degree meme.
>>
>>56159012
> "People can't pass fizzbuzz? Maybe I'm not awful!"
> Quickly shit out a c++ example solution
>Doesnt work because my solution's "else" isnt tied to both the 3 and 5 conditional, just the 5
Well at least I'd be able to tell them why I failed the interview.
>>
>>56159718
Did you ever look at AI source code? I challenge you to say what it does.
>>
>>56160374
The difficulty is in the mathematics. If you don't know the math then you won't understand things like advanced AI, machine learning etc
>>
>>56160393
Then I'm fugged :^)^)^)^)^)^)^)DDDDD
>>
>>56159872
I think it's fine if you don't shit out an absolutely perfect solution on your first try. Programming is one of the few areas where it tends to be extremely easy to run a test, and correct your mistakes if necessary. No one consistently shits out perfect code their first try, and that's why debugging is a thing.

If you looked at your output, noticed it was wrong, and were able to immediately see the bug in the conditional that caused the error, you're probably ok.
>>
>>56160475
> No one consistently shits out perfect code their first try, and that's why debugging is a thing.
Producing bugless code is a daunting task which takes more men hours then shitting out the monkey labor code itself.
>>
>>56159625
Assuming all phone numbers are in use, you have 10 different users that fit a particular 10 digit partial-number, since there is 1 digit of ambiguity.

Since there are 10 different possibilities for each recorded number in each instance, you would only guess right 10% of the time, and you would have an error the other 90% of the time.
>>
t. Pajeet
>>
>>56160475
>If you looked at your output, noticed it was wrong, and were able to immediately see the bug in the conditional that caused the error, you're probably ok.
Thank god that was the entirety of my under grad experience, then. I have trouble remembering the specifics of a lot of computer syntax, especially if I haven't programmed in a month or so.
> First program of the semester in c++
> Banged out some code, didn't work because array syntax was wrong
>Eternally shamed by groupmates
>>
>>56158654
Looks like my cat, but mine has grey fur patterns.
The brown/orange in OP's pic looks shooped.
>>
If you want to become a code monkey, you should have gone to a coding boot camp. Lots of women there too.
>>
>>56160437
Maybe stop the epic memes:^) and start to learn shit
>>
>>56158654
Deagle + AWP ftw.
>>
>>56160437
Study thoroughly, AI type algorithms are coming into their prime with "Big Data".
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.