[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Sapphire R9 270X which is I thought faulty since there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: vrm.jpg (390KB, 1515x757px) Image search: [Google]
vrm.jpg
390KB, 1515x757px
I have a Sapphire R9 270X which is I thought faulty since there are a lot of crashes n shit when its under heavy load. Crashed several times while playing the division when it came out until i underclocked it to like 850-900 mhz.

Also have a 220W cpu on a board that support 125 only. But since the cpu is working fine and the clock speed are normal i thought its okay i just had to attach a few fans to cool the vrms.
Now a friend of mine suggested that im a fucking retard and my card is not faulty its just the pci-e rail not getting enough power to feed the card.

can this cause this problem or its actually faulty?
>>
Your friend is correct. And don't be one of those aspies who only hear what they want to. That is what is causing it.

But out of curiosity what PSU is it?
>>
>>56155771
700W ocz gamexstream
from what i calculated it should be way more than enough
trying to switch down to 8350 now
>>
>>56155835
Do it and report
>>
>underclock

yes it's possible gpu can't handle clock giving by factory, i own several amd HIS product (hd 2900, 3870, 4870 and 5850) almost everysingle of it crashing when full load but giving new vbios with lowered clock fix it. i recommend RMA op if warranty still up aren't they just giving new r7 370?
>>
if you underclocked it WHILE maintained the original voltage then it means the cpu core clock is unstable and has nothing to do with power draw.
>>
>>56155933
no warranty, we'll see if the 8350 fix it, it will take me a few days though
>>56155975
well, fuck
i didnt dare touch the voltages im not that expert in over/underclocking area, first time i touched it was about a year ago
before that i owned a dual opteron 8345 ws and wanted to overclock for renderfarm but mobo didnt let me :/
>>
>>56155709
Try using driver build 15.12
Build 16 has a ton of problems
>>
also if the CPU was pulling to much power then the PC would shutdown as the vrms wouldn't be able to handle it and not just the GPU crashing, I'm guessing you're running one of those retarded FX-9xxx CPUS? try lowering it to 4.0GHz and lower the voltage for it too, it has been years since I use dmy FX8350 but I believe the stock voltage was like 1.3v so try that range.
>>
>>56156028
the problem is on for quite a while now with multiple driver versions and its the same

yeah its fx- 9370
what would be a save voltage if i want to keep it like 3,8 GHz?
if i just experiment with voltage that is lower than needed for the associated clock what would happen?
i guess unless i put too much voltage on it it shouldnt die on me right?
>>
>>56156051
>>56156154
forgot quote
>>
>>56156154
If the voltage is too low the PC will just BSOD and restart nothing bad will happen to it, the only way you can kill it is by increasing the voltage which is the opposite or what you want.

At 3.8Ghz try something like 1.275V. anyway 1.3V is perfectly safe and usually the stock voltage for aFX8350 at 4.0 is 1.3v, the FX9xxx are higher binned FX8350 so they actually use less voltage and power than a FX8350.

If after doing all that your GPU still crashes then it means the GPU Core clock is to high and unstable(most likely and quite common with AMD cards too), you could try increasing the GPU Core Voltage slightly and see if it helps or simply drop down the clocks until driver crashes stop happening.

I'm 100% confident your problem isn't the CPU nor the PCI-E rail power but the GPU Core clock being too high, this happened with the 290 too, the 200 series was full of problems related to core clock and voltages.
>>
>>56156330
the problem is that the stock core is 1150MHz on the gpu or so and I underclocked it to about 900MHz and it still happens
>>
>>56155709
if you do put a heatsink on your vrm remember it's not the chokes (blue) that get hot, its the mosfets (red) that get hot and need to be cooled
also don't short anything out.
unless you have a shit psu, or a really shitty mobo (which it seems you have) then you need to upgrade one or the other, however the card is probably faulty too if you need to underclock that much
>>
File: pc heat.png (2MB, 1515x757px) Image search: [Google]
pc heat.png
2MB, 1515x757px
>>56156594
fuck forgot image
>>
>>56156594
the psu is good tier and the mobo has heatsinks on them but since the vrms are transfering much higher voltage they are getting fried thats why i attached 2 fans to them
now its okay except the crashes
>>
>>56155709
>AMD GPU.

git gud
>>
>>56156643
shut the fuck up shillforce and get back to your novidya forums
>>
>puts 200w cpu on board rated for 125w
>doesn't provide additional cooling
>wonders why shit is breaking

Your motherboard is probably screaming at you.
>>
>>56157459
i added liquid cooling and now the heat is driven away very nicely
the cooling is just fine on full load the cpu gets on 61C max vrms about 50-60
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.